Nationwide: Immigration fines property owners/foreigners for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

webfact

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes.

While you were away, the place you stayed reported it, so she has to file a TM30 to let them know you are back.

Of course, if you slept under a tree, no need to file when you get back as no one will have reported you as staying elsewhere.

It's so they know where you are.

When they start forcing farangs to wear trackers there will be no need for filing TM 30.

Why on earth are you all still living there???

Comply or Leave...easy.

Its almost like a communist country of the 50s/60s.

Take your money out of Thailand and spend elsewhere ????????????

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

From the way i read the article (and photos), the crackdown appears to be confined to migrant workers such as Cambodians, Burmese etc. No indication that farangs are getting stiffed.

Panic over.

Agreed. Surely this is what the TM30s were introduced for. Long before falangs came to live here in any great numbers.

Along with the 90 day reports I believe this to be a case 'one law fits all', even though. by and large, they are not really appropriate in our case.

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Agreed. Surely this is what the TM30s were introduced for. Long before falangs came to live here in any great numbers.

Along with the 90 day reports I believe this to be a case 'one law fits all', even though. by and large, they are not really appropriate in our case.

Yes. That's my understanding of the history of TM30s too.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:
2 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

So the Owner only has to report TEMPORARY Foreigners ?? NOT Their Husbands living in their Property who have The YELLOW Book ??

Answers on the BACK of a stamp please !!

If you have a yellow book, you're temporarily staying in the kingdom, not permanently.

I've been here temporarily for over twenty years.

Correct, we are permanent tourists ????

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes.

While you were away, the place you stayed reported it, so she has to file a TM30 to let them know you are back.

Of course, if you slept under a tree, no need to file when you get back as no one will have reported you as staying elsewhere.

It's so they know where you are.

When they start forcing farangs to wear trackers there will be no need for filing TM 30.

BS, that would assume the trackers would work, and officers know how to work with the data. So the TM30 must remain as a backup.

58 minutes ago, Teee said:

Why on earth are you all still living there???

Comply or Leave...easy.

Its almost like a communist country of the 50s/60s.

Take your money out of Thailand and spend elsewhere ????????????

Yep, go to one of the neighbors, they are at least clear on their communist status and not pretending being a democracy! ????

I am here on a retirement visa (2nd year), have lived in the same location the entire time. I have left the country 3 times and travel all over Thailand for 2 and 3 night stays at hotels all the time that report my stay. When I recently renewed my retirement visa (in Bangkok) I was only asked to show 1 TM30 receipt that my landlord filed (over a year late) to validate my lease and no problems occurred. Why do so many other people have issues?

6 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I am here on a retirement visa (2nd year), have lived in the same location the entire time. I have left the country 3 times and travel all over Thailand for 2 and 3 night stays at hotels all the time that report my stay. When I recently renewed my retirement visa (in Bangkok) I was only asked to show 1 TM30 receipt that my landlord filed (over a year late) to validate my lease and no problems occurred. Why do so many other people have issues?

That mirrors my experience.

Just for the benefit of those reading this thread, you don’t have a visa - like me, you have an extension based on retirement.

Hang on a second - if I go out someplace, and decide to take a bed for the night rather than make my way home, alcohol infused in the early hours, am I supposed to file, even though I am back in my own place before 24 hours has elapsed? Just because I didn't sleep in my own bed? Is that correct?

But if I sleep next door with my neighbour.....

2 hours ago, bluesofasaid:

If you have a yellow book, you're temporarily staying in the kingdom, not permanently.

I've been here temporarily for over twenty years.

Me, too.  My yellow book refers to a hefty sum of luxury house that went into foreclosure after she decided to leave my house in America for some secret onliine romance alcoholic American bf who was jobless and abused her physically and emotionally.  I was able to get all those debts swept under the rug with a little documentation change, but that yellow book has come in handy numerous times since the mid-2000s. ????  As for her, last I knew she had overstayed her U.S. visa for almost 10-years.  God knows what she's doing these days. 

19 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Simply because it is not the same interpretation of the law in different areas.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you lived in a condo with a good management they will do it for you.

I lived in an hotel. They did it for me.

I live in a REALLY nice condo, but I don't trust them to handle it. When I initially moved in, the gal at the main desk said she was too busy to get to it for a few days, but if I wanted to go myself, I could handle the paperwork that day. which I did. Risk being fined because of their ineptitude? No thanks.

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So let me get this straight. If I take one of my bike trips from CM to, say KK for a couple of days, when I come home, my wife has to file a TM 30, even though we have been living here for over 10 years? 

Apparently that's what you're meant to do. If it was me and didn't have to stay at a hotel but stay with a mate in KK, nobody would know. Unless your mate told KK immigration............:tongue: Nobody would be the wiser.

IMO this is what terrorists and criminals would do as a natural action, making the whole reporting exercise farcical in the extreme. Baht generating is all. 

I'm glad I sold my rental condo's in Bangkok a few years ago, before this mess.

So let me get this straight. In todays bizarro Thai world, as the absentee landlord, I would be required to keep track of the movements of my tenants, or be subject to a fine?

All of my tenants were Japanese, traveling back and forth to Japan and various other places.

How the Hell could I have policed that???

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

From the way i read the article (and photos), the crackdown appears to be confined to migrant workers such as Cambodians, Burmese etc. No indication that farangs are getting stiffed.

Panic over.

Huh? We’re the fattest of all the cash cows! Don’t think for a second this is confined to the migrant workers.

4 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

How the Hell could I have policed that???

That's part of doing rental business. Either do it yourself, if you can't do it you will have to pay somebody to do it for you.

But when talking about a condo, the landlord as well as the tenant are obligated to submit the TM30, if nobody does it both can be fined.

So in this case it would probably be legit to write in the rental contract that this is the responsibility of the tenant, and if he doesn't follow the law he is accountable for any fines.

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

So let me get this straight. If I take one of my bike trips from CM to, say KK for a couple of days, when I come home, my wife has to file a TM 30, even though we have been living here for over 10 years? 

Anyone’s guess and at the discretion of the hungry IO

Archived