Nationwide: Immigration fines property owners/foreigners for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

webfact

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Until you have to leave the country/province and then have a three hour return trip to your local IO to report that you're back, within 24 hours of a long journey. Don't mention the online registration, we're still waiting for confirmation. Never mind, you think it's "easy peasy", same as you do everytime someone complains on here about Thailand problems.

Maybe because I do not see everything like a problem. Just a little challenge to spice up the daily routine, and something you must take a hold on and overcome.

Only a 3 hour trip! That´s not much to be sad over. It´s just to get it done and relax when everything is finished. I am sure if somebody had come and invited you to a party or another trip that same day, you would have been having power for that. That´s the difference of doing something we like that is funny and something we do not like. ???? 

However, in this case there is no choice. So, it´s just to man up and swallow that sour bite in the sweet apple.

6 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

Did they mention the various apps that are meant to make this fiasco easier?

These apps are completely useless, if you are living in the country too long. They are unable to update their database unless you leave the country. For the price of a re-entry permit and a trip across the border you can correct their errors at your expense. If that makes the fiasco easier, well...????

44 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Maybe because I do not see everything like a problem. Just a little challenge to spice up the daily routine, and something you must take a hold on and overcome.

Only a 3 hour trip! That´s not much to be sad over. It´s just to get it done and relax when everything is finished. I am sure if somebody had come and invited you to a party or another trip that same day, you would have been having power for that. That´s the difference of doing something we like that is funny and something we do not like. ???? 

However, in this case there is no choice. So, it´s just to man up and swallow that sour bite in the sweet apple.

You are probably the biggest 'wind-up merchant' on TV.

You should be on the stage, next one leaves in an hour.

????????????????

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You are probably the biggest 'wind-up merchant' on TV.

You should be on the stage, next one leaves in an hour.

????????????????

I post my opinion about the thread, and my opinion to replies on my posts. That while you go totally off topic and make every thread about me.

Try and concentrate and post your opinon on the subject instead.

What do you think about my posts? How do you feel that filing for an extension affects you? What is wrong, what is bad and what do you think is the most terrible thing?

Is it the time it takes? Does it feel scary to talk to an Immigration Officer? Are you abusing tourist visas and actually not have a clue about the subject?

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I post my opinion about the thread, and my opinion to replies on my posts. That while you go totally off topic and make every thread about me.

Try and concentrate and post your opinon on the subject instead.

What do you think about my posts? How do you feel that filing for an extension affects you? What is wrong, what is bad and what do you think is the most terrible thing?

Is it the time it takes? Does it feel scary to talk to an Immigration Officer? Are you abusing tourist visas and actually not have a clue about the subject?

After 30 years in Thailand????

Try another idea. ????????

One month ago it was announced that the TM30 'problem' was being reviewed and there would be an announcement about changing laws etc in two months.  One month has now passed and you can bet your last Baht that in one months time there will be no announcement or another one announcing another two month delay.  They think if they sit on their hands long enough all the problems will go away and the money can continue to be collected in the same old way.

6 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

One month ago it was announced that the TM30 'problem' was being reviewed and there would be an announcement about changing laws etc in two months.  One month has now passed and you can bet your last Baht that in one months time there will be no announcement or another one announcing another two month delay.  They think if they sit on their hands long enough all the problems will go away and the money can continue to be collected in the same old way.

Imagine all those landlords getting behind this and feeling so comfortable knowing that their properties are going on record as earning income that of course they have been declaring for the past xx years.

13 minutes ago, overherebc said:

After 30 years in Thailand????

Try another idea. ????????

Was that the answer to all or only to one of the questions? I somehow know you were going to get hooked on the last one.

Speak out now. What do you think is most bad? How bad is it, and how much problem, headahce and pain is it giving you?

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Was that the answer to all or only to one of the questions? I somehow know you were going to get hooked on the last one.

Speak out now. What do you think is most bad? How bad is it, and how much problem, headahce and pain is it giving you?

Don't have any pains problems or headaches.

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Same as me then. See we finally agree. ???? 

Didn't agree with your 'it's only a 3 hour trip' statement.

Some people travel a lot, one of the benefits of being retired.

Some of them might reside quite far away from their local Imm' office and if married or living with their wife/girlfriend and depending on that office's ideas it may be a day or two day trip everytime they return home.

I see the whole thing as blowing out the light bulb with a 12 bore shotgun.

So let me get this straight. If I take one of my bike trips from CM to, say KK for a couple of days, when I come home, my wife has to file a TM 30, even though we have been living here for over 10 years? 

Yes you if when you were away you stayed somewhere that reported you as staying there e.g a hotel or resort but if you stayed with friends who didn’t report then no need as immigration would not know you had been away from your normal residence in CM
I work for a BOI company and on occasion have to stay in other parts of the country in the course of my work
When I return to my normal place of residence after such a trip I have to report to Samut Prakan immigration that I am “Home”
I do this by the online system as the Possessor of the property that I rent
My landlord is not involved in this process nor is my gf but she did have to help with the original registration etc as we all know there are many problems with the website which is well documented in many threads on TV about the whole tm30 thing

11 minutes ago, overherebc said:

I see the whole thing as blowing out the light bulb with a 12 bore shotgun.

Now you just made me laugh until tears came again. Great solid one. ????

Yeah, I can understand that. If it´s very far and there is still an office that asks for TM30 when people only been travelling between provinces.

However, this is something that should no longer exist. Instead of making petitions, it would be better if all still affected told the office that they are wrong. There is a hotline to report them. Use it and make a difference. The continued talk here is leading nowhere.

In a recent meeting, my Immigration Office told me, they have decided that TM30 shall only need to be filed upon return after leaving the country.

1 hour ago, the guest said:

Pathetic country run by little children !!!

You lost me there. In what way is it pathetic? Is the whole country pathetic? How do you mean that have a connection to reporting your whereabouts within 24 hours?

6 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Feels like vietnam now. What a bunch of foolish paper works.

i was in vietnam recently with a 1 year multiple entry visa(no police check needed) and stayed in multiple cities for several days and there is no requirement whatsoever to report my whereabouts. maybe hotels do it but doubt as i stayed at a friends condo also and no reporting needed.

after returning to thailand where i hold a retirement visa and have presented a police check from my home country and own a condo i did a tm30 and mailed it registered mail. printer head dry so needed to travel first to print shop.  weeks since initial registration of mobile tm30 app but no password yet.

As far as I understand the short report this is about people who have failed to report their migrant workers. obviously a nation will not tolerate illegal workers coming from abroad. If an employer does not report their migrant workers the police may assume they want to cover it up. Sounds reasonable. In Germany this would lead to far heavier consequences for an employer. - We all know that the TM30 is an issue also for expats. But why is the same stuff repeated over and over even if it is totally nonsense (at least partly), not as bad at all and finally not really connected with the details in the initial thread. Seems to be a habit of complaining. There will be solutions and there already are.

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

i was in vietnam recently with a 1 year multiple entry visa(no police check needed) and stayed in multiple cities for several days and there is no requirement whatsoever to report my whereabouts. maybe hotels do it but doubt as i stayed at a friends condo also and no reporting needed.

after returning to thailand where i hold a retirement visa and have presented a police check from my home country and own a condo i did a tm30 and mailed it registered mail. printer head dry so needed to travel first to print shop.  weeks since initial registration of mobile tm30 app but no password yet.

If I may make a comment, get a cheap laser printer. it will last years on stand by....and the toner is not all that expensive from Amazon. much better then the inKjet printer racket....

9 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

From the way i read the article (and photos), the crackdown appears to be confined to migrant workers such as Cambodians, Burmese etc. No indication that farangs are getting stiffed.

Panic over.

But the paranoids  will still portray everything and anything as  being  directed  against   the  "farang".

Simply more nonsense from the least competent administration in recent memory, and also the most hateful and racist. This tiny minded army is scared of outsiders, and the potential influence we may have over their subjects. It is really that simple. But, they are literally destroying the tourism industry in the process, something millions are dependent upon for their livelihoods. Such fools. Such ignorance. Such a stunning lack of vision. Of course there are a dozen other factors. The high baht, the lack of good service, the silly luxury taxes, the lack of good wine service, and grossly overpriced wine, the scams, the immigration woes, lack of effective law enforcement, and traffic safety, the substandard airports, etc.

I just flew out of Swampy. Due to the massive influx of Chinese and Indian tourists, it took me 45 minutes to check in, and I have a gold card with the airline. Another 45 minutes in the immigration lines. All of this is due to the insatiable appetite for rising numbers, while the quality of the average tourist continues its descent into the abyss. Welcome to the new Thailand, and the declining quality of the experience. Amazing Thailand. How about Amazing how inept the fools in charge are?

Archived