Nationwide: Immigration fines property owners/foreigners for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

webfact

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

i was in vietnam recently with a 1 year multiple entry visa(no police check needed) and stayed in multiple cities for several days and there is no requirement whatsoever to report my whereabouts. maybe hotels do it but doubt as i stayed at a friends condo also and no reporting needed.

after returning to thailand where i hold a retirement visa and have presented a police check from my home country and own a condo i did a tm30 and mailed it registered mail. printer head dry so needed to travel first to print shop.  weeks since initial registration of mobile tm30 app but no password yet.

Ditto my experience, 3 months after registration and no password 

7 hours ago, atyclb said:

i was in vietnam recently with a 1 year multiple entry visa(no police check needed) and stayed in multiple cities for several days and there is no requirement whatsoever to report my whereabouts. maybe hotels do it but doubt as i stayed at a friends condo also and no reporting needed.

after returning to thailand where i hold a retirement visa and have presented a police check from my home country and own a condo i did a tm30 and mailed it registered mail. printer head dry so needed to travel first to print shop.  weeks since initial registration of mobile tm30 app but no password yet.

A communist government, vs. a junta council, all dressed up as a (faux) democracy.

The Thai army is the worst thing to ever happen to this nation. Allowing them to amass so much power (for what legitimate reason one may ask?) is an enormous issue for the nation, and one that may take quite some time to resolve. The ONLY way the country will EVER move forward, is when they are forced to leave, and are no longer part of the political establishment. Until then, incompetent goons like Prayuth will continue holding the nation back, and insuring that the poor stay poor, and poorly educated. That is a large part of their agenda.

22 minutes ago, gunderhill said:
7 hours ago, off road pat said:

Well,..it's Thailand, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing !!!

I  think we  both know  what both hands are doing, I'm  just surprised that even with  both hands they can't find it down their trousers.

But for sure, their hands know where the pockets are. ????

I went to CW Bangkok Div 1 immigration on Thursday 17th October and did our TM30 report, which I trued to do on line on 17th August but never got a User Name and Password. I showed them their e-mail acknowledgement of my application and they helped me set up the Section 38 reporting on my smartphone. They gave me a receipt for the TM30 report and I used that for my retirement extension and was told to keep it in my passport until the next extension or until I exit the country. I was not fined. They also told me that, as I live in my wife's house and not a rented house/condo or hotel, I do not need to report every time I go to another part of the country and return. I only have to do the TM30 report on my smart phone when I leave Thailand and return. This is purely a duplication of the TM6 arrival/departure card report to ensure that I am staying at the place I reported on the TM6 arrival card.

After a recent trip to BKK I was 3 days late in reporting (TM30) on returning home. The IO didn’t bat an eyelid. 
I’m sill wondering why the TM30 doesn’t supersede the 90 Day report, which in my case is due in 3 weeks. 
Anyone??

i didn’t want to push the issue there and then as any wrath incursion could have ended up with me paying the fine. 

My office told me I didn't need to file. But that was last March.Maybe they have tightened up. I have never filed one and probably leave the home six or seven times a year to travel in Thailand and 3 times to travel abroad each year.

I usually don't do 90 days reports either because I am rarely in Thailand for 90 days consecutively. 

Does anyone know, when I come to renew whether they will demand a fine for each offense (about 10) or just for the last one?

I'm happy to pay the fine once or twice a year, not happy to pay every time....although coming back from Europe and then next day driving 2 hours to immigration, waiting in line  and driving two hours back in heavy traffic, it might be worth just paying the fine rather than killing a whole day. And no I can't use the internet, it simply never, ever works. I enter the data, then when I push the button to send, it tells me there is an error. And I have changed browser, it is still the same.

23 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The answer must be, in order to avoid being listed, either stay in a hovel or take a tent.

Oh, didn’t you hear:  All tents now have to be barcoded, GPS tracked and registered for TM30.  Bad news for Boy Scouts !

The essential problem with bureaucracy is that it gives otherwise inconsequential little people the power to make the lives of others as difficult as possible and don’t they just love it ?

Most country leaders in the world, would find imposing such a restrictive and idoitic requirement on their own citizens and foreigners living in Thailand repulsive.  Even North Korea and China raised their eyebrows over this one.  If you haven't noticed yet, western foreigners are still leaving Thailand every month for less restrictive countries to live in.        

15 hours ago, observer90210 said:
17 hours ago, atyclb said:

If I may make a comment, get a cheap laser printer. it will last years on stand by....and the toner is not all that expensive from Amazon. much better then the inKjet printer racket....

i also have an hp laser printer that also doesn't print anymore. likely needs new toner.

i already use an inkjet oem refillable tank model (epson l200) but universal inkjet problem is printhead drying and clogging.  

i will try a diy inkjet printhead cleaning machine i made using a fish tank water pump to constantly recirculate cleaning fluid through printhead over 1 or more days.

even if i buy new printhead the same thing will happen given little use and temp in thailand.

8 hours ago, gunderhill said:

I  think we  both know  what both hands are doing, I'm  just surprised that even with  both hands they can't find it down their trousers.

You are absolutely right in this !

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
18 hours ago, atyclb said:

A communist government, vs. a junta council, all dressed up as a (faux) democracy.

The Thai army is the worst thing to ever happen to this nation. Allowing them to amass so much power (for what legitimate reason one may ask?) is an enormous issue for the nation, and one that may take quite some time to resolve. The ONLY way the country will EVER move forward, is when they are forced to leave, and are no longer part of the political establishment. Until then, incompetent goons like Prayuth will continue holding the nation back, and insuring that the poor stay poor, and poorly educated. That is a large part of their agenda.

imo the vietnam communict government is more functional than the thai system. at a restaurant met a viet prosecutor that spoke english well, outgoing and personable. most viet society would be considered middle class

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The Thai army is the worst thing to ever happen to this nation. 

And yet , just after the coup the membership of this forum was split down the middle as to giving the junta the thumbs up or the thumbs down.

Those members who thought the Junta were a breath of fresh air have wilted under the reality of Junta rule. 

36 minutes ago, Denim said:

And yet , just after the coup the membership of this forum was split down the middle as to giving the junta the thumbs up or the thumbs down.

Those members who thought the Junta were a breath of fresh air have wilted under the reality of Junta rule. 

The very vocal Junta Huggers, I won't mention names, we all know who they were/are, have without exception faded away.

Either stopped posting entirely, or changed names, but all of them seem to have recognized that supine fawning after the 'last' coup was rather misplaced.

I lived through a few Thai coups, and I would venture to say this last one was probably the most destructive one I've experienced, at least for the long term fabric of the country  

On 10/18/2019 at 12:27 PM, Just1Voice said:

So let me get this straight. If I take one of my bike trips from CM to, say KK for a couple of days, when I come home, my wife has to file a TM 30, even though we have been living here for over 10 years? 

Yes, but it will depend on your office - some offices only enforce this for foreigners returning from overseas. They ignore domestic travel. So you have to check with your local immigration office. 

Archived