Nationwide: Immigration fines property owners/foreigners for not reporting whereabouts within 24 hours

webfact

On 10/18/2019 at 12:27 PM, Just1Voice said:

So let me get this straight. If I take one of my bike trips from CM to, say KK for a couple of days, when I come home, my wife has to file a TM 30, even though we have been living here for over 10 years? 

Not necessary, depending on the IO, both the Phichit and Petchabun ones only want a TM30 report if you leave the country, not the province.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I read that GPS tracking devices are coming down the pike. Would you count that as the last straw or would you bend over.

I would protest with the last fiber of my being. Take me to prison. I will not wear that thing. Get out of my face, you hapless, incompetent fools. 

my condo has twisted this around, posting notices that foreigners staying in the building will face huge fines if we dont register at the front desk.

signs say its illegal to not report, suggesting not registering can be reported and is a criminal act.

they also charge 100 baht for the immigration registration.

my current understanding is that its the condo building or landlord which faces the fine, not me, since i have no need to visit immigration.

if they were to report me to immigration is there a possibility of me being detained if it was alleged i refused to report either at the condo or at immigration myself?

please let me know if im misinformed here.

i did finally register at the condo after the landlord told me it was illegal not to, but i did not want to and did not want to pay the 100 baht. just curious what could happen had i refused.

did hitler do this to the jews before the final solution?

On 10/18/2019 at 11:38 AM, MRToMRT said:

Glad I took the decision to sell up. My next door neighbor hates me and no doubt will have the number on her phone and her curtains will be twitching daily.

There's thousands who would like to do the same but are caught in a pincer of strong baht and over supply of properties.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:45 AM, fhickson said:

my condo has twisted this around, posting notices that foreigners staying in the building will face huge fines if we dont register at the front desk.

signs say its illegal to not report, suggesting not registering can be reported and is a criminal act.

they also charge 100 baht for the immigration registration.

my current understanding is that its the condo building or landlord which faces the fine, not me, since i have no need to visit immigration.

if they were to report me to immigration is there a possibility of me being detained if it was alleged i refused to report either at the condo or at immigration myself?

please let me know if im misinformed here.

i did finally register at the condo after the landlord told me it was illegal not to, but i did not want to and did not want to pay the 100 baht. just curious what could happen had i refused.

did hitler do this to the jews before the final solution?

Your condo management are crooks. It costs them nothing to do it.

It is illegal for them not to report that you have returned after an absence. They can be fined for it.

45 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you have a smartphone you are already being tracked 24/7. even if you turn it off.

Only if the authorities have the intelligence to even be able to employ a tracking system. I do not give them that much credit. 

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your condo management are crooks. It costs them nothing to do it.

It is illegal for them not to report that you have returned after an absence. They can be fined for it.

Not exactly correct, since by definition a condo room has an individual owner and that person is responsible for TM30 reports as well as the person that signed a lease. The condo juristic person is not responsible unless contracted to make reports for the owners. My tenants deduct any TM30 charges from their rent payments (including any fines) but they all have the necessary documentation attached to their lease agreements that is needed to make their own TM30 report.

On 10/18/2019 at 12:57 PM, EricTh said:

Arrghhh.... police state ....

Just accept the fact that you are under house arrest. Once you come to terms with that fact, moving to another country becomes a real option unless you have deep roots here.

11 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Just accept the fact that you are under house arrest. Once you come to terms with that fact, moving to another country becomes a real option unless you have deep roots here.

We farlangs are on probation in Thailand , report every 90 days ...

On 10/19/2019 at 5:14 PM, EVENKEEL said:

I read that GPS tracking devices are coming down the pike. Would you count that as the last straw or would you bend over.

Add your ATM  activity , and your smart phone location.  They know , you know...

I foresee Thailand becoming the hub of ankle bracelets.

It'll eliminate the need for 90 day reporting, then you just get a new one every year at the meeting with your probation officer, sorry I mean immigration officer during your extension application.

Problem solved!

Archived