90 Day Reporting / New Address

I came back to Thailand in address "1" which I wrote on arrival card.

Then I moved to address "2" and went with my landlord to immigration, to register my movement.

Later I went online to do my 90 day reporting and wrote in the address "2".

But the application got rejected because it said the address was wrong!

It said to: go visit the immigration office. It won't let me resubmit online (with the right or wrong address).

What? I am surprised they didn't see it registered in the system and approve my 90 day check! What to do now? I suppose I need to spend half a business day sorting this out in person due to their mistake?

Edited by JakeR

10 minutes ago, JakeR said:

I suppose I need to spend half a business day sorting this out in person due to their mistake?

Q. When you came back to Thailand and put address 1 on the card; did you go and report at the office as well?

Once you receive a "report to office" msg, trying to input other data is useless; as you have already been breached/ locked out of the system.

Until the data matches up on the system you cannot do online. 

Just go to to the nearest office and rectify the lost/misplaced/incorrect data entry for your TM 30.

Yes there was is some mistake; but to suggest it is "their" mistake would be drawing quite a long bow.

Okay thanks for the info. I will go and sort it out in person.

I had been registered at address 1 and also noted address 1 on the entry card. So I didnt see any need to go report to immigration since my address was still the same. They knew exactly where I was.

Maybe that is where I got confused, because they want us to report in person at both the airport and also the immigration office? Weird!

But I still dont see why it wasnt updated to address 2 in their system, when my landlord went it and did that... Oh well I will try to go sort it out for a few hours (when I should be working instead)!

So much for productivity.... TIT.

• Like 1

It appears you failed to change your address for 90 day reporting at your local office. 

Submitting a TM30 form does not mean they changed the address they have in their locally maintained records for 90 day reporting. When they received your 90 day report application it did not show the same address they had in their records so they disapproved it.

• Like 1

Wow, they actually keep a separate address record for 90 day reports as compared to address notifications and arrival cards! Or something like that, sounds illogical but TIT.

I wonder whose the big boss that came up with that idea! 

In other words, the various systems and processes are not talking to each other, at all.

However when I went into the drive through window here in Phuket, they were able to sort it out and approve it in 2 minutes! No questions asked!

Stuff like this, is why nobody believes an APP will make things easier. If the WEBSITE doesn't work well by integrating different systems and processes smoothly and information on different levels/jurisdictions, what makes anyone think an app will work well? For better or worse, TIT.

Thanks for "clarification" guys!

10 hours ago, JakeR said:

Wow, they actually keep a separate address record for 90 day reports as compared to address notifications and arrival cards! Or something like that, sounds illogical but TIT.

They set up the local office computerized system for 90 day reports long before the online 90 day reporting system. Much better since they could just scan your previous report slip or enter your passport number to do the new report and print out the receipt. Before that they were all hand written. Also before that if you lost the receipt for your previous report it would require going to the files to find your previous report.

It was not a problem with systems not being linked. The problem was that the officer processing your online application did not bother to check to see if you had done a TM30 report to change your address.