vegan food in on nut bkk

parafareno

i stayed in ramkhamhaeng market before and it was this guy with stall who has wonder ful vegan food each day....it was amazing....fake meat etc...soups

i hope in on nut there is something similar.....so you say under the on nut bts station where the hair saloonw and market previous were, there is a vegan stall?

i ust checked century plaza on google....seems to me this is a new shopping center that was not there 7 years ago ....damn BKK is growing fast

I remember only this market with stalls, bars and food 7 years ago and tesco mall on the other side of the street.....is this century new?

On 10/18/2019 at 4:46 PM, parafareno said:

i ust checked century plaza on google....seems to me this is a new shopping center that was not there 7 years ago ....damn BKK is growing fast

I remember only this market with stalls, bars and food 7 years ago and tesco mall on the other side of the street.....is this century new?

Yes new...less than 2 years. Bottom floor in the middle between Topps and Power Buy is "So Vegan". Big place...bright yellow...can't miss it. 

You need to get the Happy Cow app. For a vegan it is essential and pretty awesome! Also Trip Advisor. 

On 10/18/2019 at 2:49 PM, tyler28 said:

There's a stall called "So Vegan" in Century Plaza, below BTS On Nut.

It's pretty popular, many Thais buy from there (often for take home) and I highly doubt they're vegan. I eat there too regularly if the selection is right and I'm also not vegan. Good value, 60 baht for three dishes on top of brown rice. 

I'm not in LOS right now, is it still "Buddhist Lent" time?  (Sorry, can't recall Thai name, or is it only in the south of the country?)

At that time of year vegetarian pop-up cafes restaurants appear, usually run by professional vegetarian cooks.  Gotta keep an eye out for them, and they will be gone by Loy Krathong.  Amazing what they do to simulate the textures of meat.  Probably not vegan, though.

9 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I'm not in LOS right now, is it still "Buddhist Lent" time?  (Sorry, can't recall Thai name, or is it only in the south of the country?)

It's nationwide, though the vegetarian festival finished on 7th October. End of Buddhist Lent (ork pansa) was on 13th.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:40 AM, Skeptic7 said:

Yes new...less than 2 years. Bottom floor in the middle between Topps and Power Buy is "So Vegan". Big place...bright yellow...can't miss it. 

You need to get the Happy Cow app. For a vegan it is essential and pretty awesome! Also Trip Advisor. 

I was just waling there today and did not find it....

The best vegan place was in Ramkhamhaeng market...where one dude and his wife were selling vegan stuff, fake meats, tofu etc....

What abut 7/11 I could not find many vegan stuff, even fruit juice 100% i could not find......

On 10/20/2019 at 1:34 AM, Skeptic7 said:

In addition to the 2 Tyler mentioned...there are (or were anyway) 2 "Jey" food stalls (among the many others) in On Nut Market  directly across from Big C. The market is just behind the stores on On Nut Soi 1.

you say jay mai pla and they will know?

I was eating sub today in new shopping mall, really good....with potatoe crockets.....

7 hours ago, parafareno said:

you say jay mai pla and they will know?

I was eating sub today in new shopping mall, really good....with potatoe crockets.....

Yes...they don't use Nam pla, but rather soi sauce. The only thing some of the veg shops use is egg, but that is easily spotted in the dishes before choosing and you can tell them 'mai sai kai'. The veg shop in the food court, 5th floor Terminal 21 sometimes has 1 or 2 dishes w/egg. ????

8 hours ago, parafareno said:

I was just waling there today and did not find it....

Haven't been in there for a couple months, but was there then. No way it could be missed, so from what you say, guess they've closed. 

So Vegan

Century สุขุมวิท ชั้นใต้ดิน พระโขนงเหนือ วัฒนา Bangkok 10260, Thailand
+66 96 965 6961

https://g.co/kgs/vd3wHP

On 10/21/2019 at 5:50 AM, justin case said:

vegan food, lol

cooked with soy bean oil or other rancid fat they hardly change as in the west

because new oil every day = less profit

don't forget you are in the land of scams, greed and fake smiles

cook yourself

I'm not a huge fan of the food at So Vegan, but the chain is run by a very nice Thai family who also run some other nearby vegan options (such as the one at the Phyll shopping center at Sukhumvit 54) and who don't have any record of scamming or poisoning anyone. The So Vegan branch at Century Plaza has (or had) a sign saying they cook with rice bran oil.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived