Thai MPs told not to discard garbage in the parliament chamber

webfact

14 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

It's the way their Mummy's taught them and you can't expect the poor darlings to become real men and do things properly now can you !

Perhaps they can pass a law to export their rubbish to a first world country for recycling.

Thai thing. I remember first time I went to a movie here, after the end I took the trash with me like always (back in farangland) only to look for a bin next to the exit door (as in back in farangland) in vain. Everybody else left their <deleted> right there. Lazy buggers.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps they can pass a law to export their rubbish to a first world country for recycling.

Everybody used to export to China where the poor "recycled" it in toxic villages full of waste. Now that it's been reduced, the mountains are piling up everywhere except where they have managed to spun up homegrown recycling industries. 

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/jul/16/plastic-poverty-pollution-china-recycling-dead-zone

He said he believed the MPs might not have intended to discard their leftover food, food containers and other trash in the chamber, but might have mistakenly thought of the chamber as a seminar room, where they may be used to such behaviour.

thaipbs.jpg&key=a7aa502f985c55bfae17898b2f2bce9e2b866f7194e63a71a5db681c6e46f548 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai PBS 2019-10-18 Follow Thaivisa on LINE for breaking Thailand news and visa info

What is he talking about?! I have been to hundreds of seminars in my life and have never seen one left with any litter after a seminar. What sort of animals are these MPs that they think it is ok to litter anywhere! I guess that as they are all the rich elite, they probably litter their houses and maids and butlers clean up after them!

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I remember being in a conference where they had sandwiches and coffee, etc available. After we finished, I collected my cup and sandwich box to put it in the bin. I was told to just leave it as the cleaner will put it in the bin. I told them I’d rather put my own rubbish in the bin. They looked at me like I was mad. 

As my old dear used to say to me as a kid, “Good habits”. 

27 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Thai thing. I remember first time I went to a movie here, after the end I took the trash with me like always (back in farangland) only to look for a bin next to the exit door (as in back in farangland) in vain. Everybody else left their <deleted> right there. Lazy buggers.

It's dead easy: The only rubbish bins I know will exist are outside a 7 Eleven.

Very true about lazy buggers. Having seen rural houses where they just throw their rubbish outside their own house, it's not surprising. Being a litterbug appears to be a natural Thai phenomenon.

An hour ago I happened to go out of the house. When I reached the pavement/sidewalk, there were five pieces of rubbish immediately outside our gate and wall. I picked them up and put them in the tessaban rubbish bin three metres away. The locals can't even be bothered to do that for themselves.

27 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I remember being in a conference where they had sandwiches and coffee, etc available. After we finished, I collected my cup and sandwich box to put it in the bin. I was told to just leave it as the cleaner will put it in the bin. I told them I’d rather put my own rubbish in the bin. They looked at me like I was mad. 

As my old dear used to say to me as a kid, “Good habits”. 

Yes, they obviously have no pride in their country to keep it clean.

Years ago when I was looking for a rubbish bin to put a sweet wrapper in, a girlfriend told me to throw it on the ground, as it kept people in employment cleaning up the rubbish...

20 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, this is what Thais do with leftovers and trash.

It will take a couple of generations before they'll change their behaviour.

It is normal behavior for my 15 year old son to put any trash in the bin, empty soft drink bottles go on the side for salvage. Any trash in the pickup goes in the trash bag there.

He does that because that is the way I brought him up.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Yes, they obviously have no pride in their country to keep it clean.

Years ago when I was looking for a rubbish bin to put a sweet wrapper in, a girlfriend told me to throw it on the ground, as it kept people in employment cleaning up the rubbish...

The first time I came here in 2006 my niece got all over me for throwing a lumyai seed ( don't think I spelled it right) from the back of the truck we were riding in

Good luck!!!

Teach Thai nations to respect both the environment and themselves?! Ya right!!!

For those who have had the misfotune of trying to teach Thai students, you will be fully aware of pig style classrooms...

Pigs are far from clean animals. Go to or near to a pig farm and take a deep breath, and look at how pigs live and eat. Filthy animals.

Thai are lazy... Don't give a damn about life, only care about money, fraud, extortion, greed and a stupid self impossed pride based on what? Coupled with an arrogant brash, racist, negative mind-set. 'I am so, I can do what the FK I like attitude. 

I think we pay a 1000 Baht per year to have our bins emptied and they come 2 or 3 times a week they do a good job dont leave half of it in the road, I can see other farang houses have a wheelie bins like me outside, 2 Thai families facing me dont have a bin one of them was filling up my bin one day I pulled up caught her red handed I told her to go to the office and pay like everyone else, that went in one hear and out the other like there was nothing in between

7 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Good luck!!!

For those who have had the misfotune of trying to teach Thai students, you will be fully aware of pig style classrooms...

Pigs are far from clean animals. Go to or near to a pig farm and take a deep breath, and look at how pigs live and eat. Filthy animals.

Thai are lazy... Don't give a damn about life, only care about money, fraud, extortion, greed and a stupid self impossed pride based on what? Coupled with an arrogant brash, racist, negative mind-set. 'I am so, I can do what the FK I like attitude. 

quote "Pigs are far from clean animals. Go to or near to a pig farm and take a deep breath, and look at how pigs live and eat. Filthy animals."

Go to any well run proper pig farm where the pigs are washed down 2 or 3 times a day, where all the muck is cleared at least once a day and see the difference. Pigs only wallow in filth if there carers are too lazy to do their job properly.

The filthy animals should refer to the keepers and NOT the animals.

Try doing a little research before you post.

https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/pig/

Despite their reputation, pigs are not dirty animals. They’re actually quite clean. The pig’s reputation as a filthy animal comes from its habit of rolling in mud to cool off. Pigs that live in cool, covered environments stay very clean.

Piglets weigh about 2.5 pounds (1.1 kilograms) at birth, and usually double their weight in one week. Fully grown, pigs can grow to between 300 and 700 pounds (140 and 300 kilograms), and sometimes much more. Pigs have poor eyesight, but a great sense of smell. The pig’s nostrils are on its leathery snout, which is very sensitive to touch. The pig uses the snout to search, or root, for food.

Pigs are among the smartest of all domesticated animals and are even smarter than dogs.

7 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Good luck!!!

Have you ever been anywhere near a pig farm?

Judging by your incorrect comments clearly you have not.

Pigs are very intelligent animals, a pig eats in 1 area, messes in another area, not like other animals.

I used to have a pig in this village which walked around with me, villagers stopped and stared, thought what a crazy farang.

It also took chocolate fingers from my mouth, but never touched me, my wife has photos of this happening, i will ask her to find them, then i will post them here.

24 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Pigs are very intelligent animals, a pig eats in 1 area, messes in another area, not like other animals.

I used to have a pig in this village which walked around with me, villagers stopped and stared, thought what a crazy farang.

It also took chocolate fingers from my mouth, but never touched me, my wife has photos of this happening, i will ask her to find them, then i will post them here.

I had a pig to - in Polynesia.

But don't you think there is a difference between a pig and an industrial  pig farm?

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

quote "Pigs are far from clean animals. Go to or near to a pig farm and take a deep breath, and look at how pigs live and eat. Filthy animals."

Go to any well run proper pig farm where the pigs are washed down 2 or 3 times a day, where all the muck is cleared at least once a day and see the difference. Pigs only wallow in filth if there carers are too lazy to do their job properly.

The filthy animals should refer to the keepers and NOT the animals.

Try doing a little research before you post.

https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/pig/

Despite their reputation, pigs are not dirty animals. They’re actually quite clean. The pig’s reputation as a filthy animal comes from its habit of rolling in mud to cool off. Pigs that live in cool, covered environments stay very clean.

Piglets weigh about 2.5 pounds (1.1 kilograms) at birth, and usually double their weight in one week. Fully grown, pigs can grow to between 300 and 700 pounds (140 and 300 kilograms), and sometimes much more. Pigs have poor eyesight, but a great sense of smell. The pig’s nostrils are on its leathery snout, which is very sensitive to touch. The pig uses the snout to search, or root, for food.

Pigs are among the smartest of all domesticated animals and are even smarter than dogs.

You left out that in a pen they will use one part to <deleted> in if the pen is big enough

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

I've seen some sows around here and they would probably take chocolate also

4 hours ago, Fred white said:

You left out that in a pen they will use one part to <deleted> in if the pen is big enough

Best keep the sow from the boar.

If you are simply fattening up the pigs for slaughter it is easier to buy in for the first few months before getting a boar and the really good ones are expensive.

I did a lot of prep work a few years ago on starting up and running a pig farm, but I was working offshore at the time and SWMBO didn't want to do it, so sadly it all fell through.

Archived