Line

Negita43

Are therERe any line experts out there?

My Thai gf (who is IT illiterate but otherwise intelligent) has line and has at least two issues with it.

1. Line Today keeps appearing when she clicks on Line - it full of news and junk how do we get rid of it Permenantly!

2. She has many people/businesses appearing in her chat area as friends she doesn't want. I am reasonable IT savvy so I blocked then deleted them. Within 24 hours they were all back with a vengance! (maybe I should have just blocked them?). Many of them are trying to sell something.

As I said my g/f is not IT savvy and I suspect that most of this is down to her not having the correct settings from the start. I have Line so we can chat when apart and the first thing I did after install was switch everyting "social" off - I have one friend - her - and make my self invisible to everyone else.

I HAVE TRIED TO FIND THESE SETTING IN HER VERSION OF LINE BUT SO FAR i HAVE FAILED. Any pointers/help appreciated

7 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

She has many people/businesses appearing in her chat area as friends she doesn't want. I am reasonable IT savvy so I blocked then deleted them. Within 24 hours they were all back with a vengance! (maybe I should have just blocked them?).

she probably wants them but yes you should have blocked them

Go to the settings and here to privacy and uncheck

allow others to add me by id

Unter privacy you find also the ad settings. Uncheck everything there. 

Then go to friends in settings and uncheck

allow others to add me. 

Then block all users you don't want. 

LINE has two main options to add contacts:

By phone number

By LINE ID, she has to set a unique name like "SmartGirl123" or whatever.

If she allows others to find her by her phone number then anybody who knows her number will be able to contact her.

If she allows only contact by LINE-ID then only people who know her LINE-ID will be able to contact her. That means only people who she gives her LINE-IT will be able to contact her.

Obviously LINE-IT is good for privacy. But it might make it difficult for her friends to contact her if they don't have her LINE-ID.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived