advice to stay a little longer

12 hours ago, lupin said:

It makes complete sense... this is Thailand Elites policy. It is part of the conditions of their program. It is spelled out in the email sent out to its members that the permission to stay/visa expires as soon as your membership expires. IO doing the stamping are more than likely unaware of this. Thailand elite send a list of expired memberships to immigration each month.... for someone getting a 6th year, its probably all fine until you need to do something at changwattana that year, at which point you run the risk of being pulled up for being on overstay.

I posted this already, but here once more, the official rules set by the minister of interior: http://web.krisdika.go.th/data/law/law2/%a402/%a402-2e-2556-a0005.htm

As we can see, a person with a valid membership will get a permission to stay for one year upon entry. Nothing about that it expires when the membership ends.

8 hours ago, lupin said:

Ayep... and I've had several very long conversions with different EPL staff at CW who have said exactly the same. I've not tried to make any recommendations at all, but I do think it is irresponsible to claim Thailand Elite (essentially TAT) dont know what they are talking about, or that they are lieing to sell more memberships and that it is fine to completely ignore them... which could potentially put you in overstay.

Obviously what they say is not in accordance with the official ministerial order, so the next time you have a talk with them you might ask them if this order is wrong or if they lie to people to sell more memberships.