Brexit on a knife edge as PM Johnson stakes all on 'Super Saturday' vote

snoop1130

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The referendum was enabled by the European Union Referendum Act, 2015, which was passed by our sovereign parliament.

And that  sovereign parliament decided the referendum would be advisory only 

46 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Withdrawal was approved by the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Act 2017, passed by our sovereign parliament.

And equally that  sovereign parliament has the right to decide it made a mistake and change it's mind.

48 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The referendum result was for leave, both the high turnout and result shows that a vote was desired, well overdue and entirely necessary. Leavers still want to leave: after more than 3 years they have a democratic right to blame any party that attempts to obstruct this from happening. 

You do indeed have a democratic right to blame any party that attempts to obstruct this - please use it at the next election.

What you don't have a democratic right to do is force anyone to do anything. See my first point above .

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You are right that it’s up to the sovereign parliament to decide. The problem is that Brexiteers think it’s up to them and their corrupted opinion poll to decide. 

The European Union Referendum Act handed the decision to the people. One problem with remainers is that they now think the referendum was merely an opinion poll, which was also somehow corrupted.  

4 hours ago, tebee said:

And that  sovereign parliament decided the referendum would be advisory only 

And equally that  sovereign parliament has the right to decide it made a mistake and change it's mind.

You do indeed have a democratic right to blame any party that attempts to obstruct this - please use it at the next election.

What you don't have a democratic right to do is force anyone to do anything. See my first point above .

Very wiggerly, Tebee.

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The European Union Referendum Act handed the decision to the people.

no, it didn’t. Quite the opposite. Read the act. 

One problem with remainers is that they now think the referendum was merely an opinion poll,

It was. And not just merely. 

which was also somehow corrupted.  

It was. 

On 10/21/2019 at 3:59 PM, nauseus said:

Pot calling again. Self-righteous remainers, who lost, now call the referendum with the biggest vote in UK history an "opinion poll"! Then they try and get it overturned because it suits them. What a shower! 

I have decided that this is my opinion and the decision to form this opinion was made entirely by me, myself and Irene. Maybe we should have a referendum on whether to have a GE? But I suppose that would be ignored too.   

Didn,t Boris offer a  general election and the remainer s bottled it?

9 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

Unfortunately the right wing's use of the referendum has undermined parliament's sovereignty.

The British constitution is under pressure like possibly never before, all brought about by an unnecessary and corrupted referendum.

Brexiteers reap what they sew and have no one else to blame.

Corrupted referendum,?right on mate,totally agree the lies of project fear were an absolute disgrace.

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Strange. I mean all this fuss over a silly opinion poll. :cheesy:

Cameron abused his position for party reasons to create a dreadful situation in making that silly opinion poll.  The best thing to do would be to drop the whole nonsense at the open of business tomorrow, and then if the mood in the country really supports leaving the EU, do it again, but this time do it properly.

Archived