Brexit on a knife edge as PM Johnson stakes all on 'Super Saturday' vote

snoop1130

I am not expecting an answer about the corporate taxes.

Yet I will answer you about the NHS.

If you like the NHS system, you will have to pay taxes for it. Not only taxes from those who are insured, but also corporate taxes.

No corporate taxes (as you advocate) = not enough funding for NHS = you do not like the NHS system

Or wait.... yes, you could fund the NHS by not paying EU contributions.... how could I forget the red bus????

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What it comes down to is that people who don't understand economics think that they can pick and choose whatever pleases them.

Be a neo liberal (Friedman) and abolish corporate taxes, hoping that the free market will resolve all problems.

AND AT THE SAME TIME

Be a social democrat (Keynes) and have tax funded services, hoping that will work out for the best.

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

How about you first answer my critisism of "zero corporate taxes will create jobs"?

You have no idea about what you are saying about corporate taxes.

No , you give your reasons why you stated that I dont like the NHS .

What was that based on ?

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I am not expecting an answer about the corporate taxes.

Yet I will answer you about the NHS.

If you like the NHS system, you will have to pay taxes for it. Not only taxes from those who are insured, but also corporate taxes.

No corporate taxes (as you advocate) = not enough funding for NHS = you do not like the NHS system

Or wait.... yes, you could fund the NHS by not paying EU contributions.... how could I forget the red bus????

Foreign  companies  , like Nissan , were given incentives, tax breaks for them to agree to producing their cars in the UK , otherwise they would build their cars elsewhere .

This employs thousands of people and stimulates the economy , thus generating  income for the government through wages and imports and numerous other means of income .

No tax incentives and they would build their cars elsewhere and thousands of Brits would remain unemployed

On 10/19/2019 at 2:27 AM, Orton Rd said:

Looks like the remainers will be crying by Sunday

No. According to CNN they voted against the deal.

Boris's options- he could do nothing and a no deal Brexit would happen, or he could try to negotiate a deal to extend with Euro in a way they would be guaranteed to not agree, a no deal Brexit happens and he has complied with the law.

OR

he could resign and say "a plague on all your houses" as he departs, leaving them to the chaos that would eventuate.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No. According to CNN they voted against the deal.

Boris's options- he could do nothing and a no deal Brexit would happen, or he could try to negotiate a deal to extend with Euro in a way they would be guaranteed to not agree, a no deal Brexit happens and he has complied with the law.

OR

he could resign and say "a plague on all your houses" as he departs, leaving them to the chaos that would eventuate.

or he could send the letter unsigned.....:cheesy:

can't say I can blame him really. 

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

What a day !

What a March !

What a result ! Just back after a wonderful day with a million others. Now onwards to the People's Vote !

You have not given losers consent after taking a beating in 2106. You have not respected a democratic "once in a lifetime only" referendum. You refuse to allow the electorate a general election. You mock and jeer the rightful winners you are holding back. The only thing you are marching onwards to is a civil war. 

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

wrong again! the fat lady is still singing and it looks like its a very long song.

Such a cross section of ages  , people , nationalities all peaceful and singing with hope in their hearts. The snarling often tattooed drinking foul mouthed leavers who were engaged peacefully but left alone was a stark difference between the two camps. 

7 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You have not given losers consent after taking a beating in 2106. You have not respected a democratic "once in a lifetime only" referendum. You refuse to allow the electorate a general election. You mock and jeer the rightful winners you are holding back. The only thing you are marching onwards to is a civil war. 

Our wonderful police who were a real credit to the nation today will nip that sort of violence in the bud thankfully. Oh and they made it quite clear on a personal level it is the snarling foul mouthed often hooligan leavers on demos that give them the most grief and concern. Proud to be British and European today.  Long Live and Love Oliver Letwin - how we cheered when the result came through in the rain. Onward and upwards to Remain. We are taking our country back. 

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Such a cross section of ages  , people , nationalities all peaceful and singing with hope in their hearts. The snarling often tattooed drinking foul mouthed leavers who were engaged peacefully but left alone was a stark difference between the two camps. 

How terrible those righties , drinking alcohol , tattoos and  swearing , very unlike those nice lefties . They never drink, never swear are never get tattos  done

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

How terrible those righties , drinking alcohol , tattoos and  swearing , very unlike those nice lefties . They never drink, never swear are never get tattos  done

I was drinking and behaving responsibly in fact a kind policeman dealing with a leave mob at Spoonies in Whitehall suggested I take my drink elsewhere as they were about to enforce street drinking rules to get them out of there.Was happy to oblige. Patrick Stewart was wonderful - the Federation supports Remain ! 

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I was drinking and behaving responsibly in fact a kind policeman dealing with a leave mob at Spoonies in Whitehall suggested I take my drink elsewhere as they were about to enforce street drinking rules to get them out of there.Was happy to oblige. Patrick Stewart was wonderful - the Federation supports Remain ! 

I wasnt talking about you personally , you are are nice and decent person   

35 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Stewart is a Klingon plant.

8 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Those corporations do not employ many workers, they are "tax seats" that employ workers in poor countries.

While true in many cases, not entirely so.

Amazon for example pay next to zero tax in the UK while raking in billions of profit and using their near zero tax advantage to drive brick and mortar businesses out of the market.

The outcome is shop closures, job losses, local communities loosing services, local communities loosing trade and income.

Likewise other online businesses, but also Starbucks and other multinationals.

The EU’s CCCTB deals with the tax dodging practices of these corporations, puts them on a more level ‘tax’ playing field with local businesses and puts taxes from these businesses into the coffers of EU member governments.

A very specific condition on any future UK/US trade agreement Trump raised when meeting Johnson was such a trade agreement will be contingent on the UK reversing CCCTB tax plans on US Online businesses.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Over the years Boris made sure that by now everybody knows you can't trust him.

And parliament did not trust him. He can only blame himself.

And then that stupid stunt with that unsigned letter. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is racing to the bottom and he drags the whole UK with him. Sad

57 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Yes, I see that your sentiments are not shared by all:

But no surprise there.

Twitter post by @andrealeadsom: Thank goodness for our superb police. Just walked home safely from HoC with their protection - why do the so called ‘People’s Vote’ protesters think it’s ok to abuse, intimidate and scream in the face of someone they don’t agree with? So frightening, and so grateful to the police

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Over the years Boris made sure that by now everybody knows you can't trust him.

And parliament did not trust him. He can only blame himself.

And then that stupid stunt with that unsigned letter. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson is racing to the bottom and he drags the whole UK with him. Sad

The majority of the house maggot remainers have actually been trailblazing ahead of Bojo for years.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

Foreign  companies  , like Nissan , were given incentives, tax breaks for them to agree to producing their cars in the UK , otherwise they would build their cars elsewhere .

This employs thousands of people and stimulates the economy , thus generating  income for the government through wages and imports and numerous other means of income .

No tax incentives and they would build their cars elsewhere and thousands of Brits would remain unemployed

Actually market access is the issue.

The tax breaks and EU development funds they received were to assist with set up and commissioning costs to encourage Nissan to build cars in a deprived area.

To continue building cars they need market access.

Archived