BANGKOK
snoop1130

Phuket Immigration confirms bank balance, income ‘combo’ for O-A permit to stay still available

Phuket Immigration confirms bank balance, income ‘combo’ for O-A permit to stay still available

By The Phuket News

1571389688_1-org.jpg

Foreigners applying for permits to stay under O-A 'visa' requirements were urged to consult officers in Room 103 only. Photo: Phuket Immigration

PHUKET: Phuket Immigration today confirmed that foreigners applying for a 12-month permit to stay on a Non-Immigrant O-A visa – often referred to as the “retirement visa” – can still use the option of combining a bank balance with a monthly income in order to satisfy the financial requirement for the application.

The news follows complaints to The Phuket News that foreigners presenting themselves Phuket Immigration were being told that the “combo” option was no longer available.

Maj Direk Yasanop, the officer at the Phuket Immigration Office in Phuket Town responsible for processing receiving such “visa extension” applications, told The Phuket News today (Oct 18), “The combination of the two main financial categories for O-A applicants is still allowed. I am sure that other two officials who work in same department (in receiving “retirement visa extension applications”) understand the same thing. I will speak with them again about this to make sure.”

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-confirms-bank-balance-income-combo-for-o-a-permit-to-stay-still-available-73280.php#bmmAZIgfLywMbZUQ.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-18

46 minutes ago, thequietman said:

No, cannot, cannot, new rule, new rule!

"CANNOT", most common word in Thailand!

• Thanks 1

This article would be so much better if the writer didn't start with 'applying for a 12 month permit too stay on a non immigrant O-A visa', but the correct terminology.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gee... if they cant get two officers to process applications in the same office to the same policy how are they ever going to apply the scheme nationally. Muppets!

• Like 2

maybe a little irrelevant here but for those getting O-spouse from Aus you now need 8k (aud) funds in an Aus bank account. Not a major amount but never been required before!!!!

i always show an aus account i use in Thai and it never has very much in it so had to put more funds in last minute. I had always assumed the need was to show you have an Aus account like a form of identification or atleast thats how it was explained to me years ago but clearly not.

Also the visa costs gone up to $300aud

Just had my retirement extension approved 9/10 at Jomtien Immigration using the combo method, money in bank plus pension income no questions asked,  had letter from Australian Government confirming pension income.

No one asked for TM30 form and I didn't mention it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether the rules on bank verification of funds lends to this story, the bottom line is this: People are leaving for many reasons. I don't think that anyone in charge has an IQ to deal with that. Simple axiom: "You don't bite the hand that feeds you". And until someone with half -a- brain understands economics, then the people will suffer. Lower the <deleted> baht- that may help:)

• Confused 1

Ahhhh - that Chiang Mai should be equally blessed!

*clasps hands and bows head*

3 hours ago, a977 said:

Just had my retirement extension approved 9/10 at Jomtien Immigration using the combo method, money in bank plus pension income no questions asked,  had letter from Australian Government confirming pension income.

No one asked for TM30 form and I didn't mention it

Did you show letter from center link or get some other letter. If other letter  how did you get it?

On October 18, 2019 at 10:29 PM, stevenl said:

This article would be so much better if the writer didn't start with 'applying for a 12 month permit too stay on a non immigrant O-A visa', but the correct terminology.

Yes, the way it's written makesit sound as if this applies only to people currently on a permission to stay obtained when entering on an O-A visa rather than anyone who already has an extension that he wants to renew for another year or anyone who began the process on a permission to stay on a non Imm O.

Although some will claim "everyone knows what he means" it would be more reassuring if it were reported using the correct terms, inclusively.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, a977 said:

had letter from Australian Government confirming pension income.

I assume the letter was from some government office and not the Australian embassy in Bangkok ??