Jump to content
BANGKOK
Creusaz

Emirates Fast Track at BKK

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Flying soon Business Class with Emirates and landing at BKK from Dubai just after noon (12h05; EK 384), can someone tell me if I will be given a Fast Track pass by the staff in the plane?

If not, what is the average waiting time to expect at the immigration at that time of the day?

Thanky in advance for your replies.

Regards.

Creusaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just go to the fast track and show your EK boarding pass.


Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last few times I've flown into Bangkok with Emirates and with Thai Airways (i.e. within the past couple of months) I have not been issued with a Premium Lane Pass.

 

Maybe they ran out or just never bothered to have the passes on those flights?

A couple of years ago when there were no passes and I asked the FA said they'd ran out, they also sometimes run out of TM6 cards.

 

 

Thai Elite take me through anyway, so its not an issue, however, if I didn't have Thai Elite to escort me, when holding a Business Class boarding pass I wouldn't hesitate to use the Premium Lane and show the Boarding Pass - I can't see an Immigration Officer taking issue with this. 

 

 

Edited by richard_smith237

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The last few times I've flown into Bangkok with Emirates and with Thai Airways (i.e. within the past couple of months) I have not been issued with a Premium Lane Pass.

 

Maybe they ran out or just never bothered to have the passes on those flights?

A couple of years ago when there were no passes and I asked the FA said they'd ran out, they also sometimes run out of TM6 cards.

 

 

Thai Elite take me through anyway, so its not an issue, however, if I didn't have Thai Elite to escort me, when holding a Business Class boarding pass I wouldn't hesitate to use the Premium Lane and show the Boarding Pass - I can't see an Immigration Officer taking issue with this. 

 

 

As far as I know, the possession of a business class ticket as such is - formally - not enough for the use of the premium/priority lane. 
Airlines have to pay into the system and in return they can hand out access cards to their passengers. Not all airlines participate though, so having a business class ticket would not automatically mean access. As this is Thailand, it could well be different in practice, depending on the security staff that controle entry to the lane.

Edited by damascase
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Last Few Times I have flown into BKK (Withing the Last Month or So, Never Before) I have not been given a Fast track Coupon Either, But when i asked for it the Airline staff said just show Boarding Pass (Also confirmed by the Representative that greets the Aircraft and takes the Paperwork, Who also used to hand out the cards on occasions) so along i trot to Fast Track and No Questions Asked

Edit: Business Class Flight

Edited by pattayapip
Clarified Ticket
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 5:05 AM, damascase said:

As this is Thailand, it could well be different in practice, depending on the security staff that controle entry to the lane.

Upon Arrivals there is no 'security staff' at the entrance to the Premium Lane... You just enter and take your chances with the Immigration Officer. 

 

(There is 'security staff' checking your Passport, Ticket Class etc upon entrance to the Premium Lane on Departures - they seem quite strict).

 

 

There was also recently a thread running about the 'scam' run by Immigration Airport Staff and the selling of Premium Lane Passes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast track passes were discontinued months ago.  Boarding pass for Business Class or above is now required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, treetops said:

Fast track passes were discontinued months ago.  Boarding pass for Business Class or above is now required.

Really? Emirates handed me a FT when I travelled in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...