BANGKOK
MisterBleach

PLEASE TELL ME: Why, Oh, Why...Do I have ZERO Complaints about Living in Chiang Mai?

Why, Oh, Why...Do I have ZERO Complaints about Living in Chiang Mai?

sounds like a complaint to me...

• Haha 1

I am so glad you are happy in Chiang Mai. You obviously do not treasure the joy of driving like I do. Different strokes for different folks.

On 10/20/2019 at 10:00 AM, ThaiPauly said:

That's exactly how I felt 15 years ago, I really hope that in 15 years time you are still "in love" with Chiang Mai

Time and experience does tend to temper one's enthusiasm.

• Like 2

Are you trying to convince yourself that CM is the final destination for you by this post ? It’s fine with me, but please don’t try to show it real beautiful, because it is not. In fact it’s very ugly. 

Don't get me wrong. I have lived in CM for a year lately and regardless of burning season the air pollution is high all year long not only by rice field burners, but also by trash burners and too many diesel cars (songthaews). I was really tired of washing my balcony everyday and seeing black water running down the drain. I felt it in my longs as well. Perhaps it was only my problem since I lived near by Maya, but I’m happy now since I don’t see too many Chinese everyday, everywhere. 

Wish you beautiful lovely unforgettable moments in CM. 

They must have some phenomenal weed there, or you found a huge batch of very potent shrooms.  Seriously...how high are you right now?

• Haha 1

Yes we have contemplated living there but the pollution is too much and only going to get worse ,paradise it’s not unfortunately .

CM once was very nice, today it certainly isn't with all the months of smog and the traffic being hell. Even BKK is easier on a motorbike than CM nowadays.
I still like it during the high season, as of the weather and beautiful nature. However, Chinese ruined that too with all the big tour busses in the mountains. 

The OP is clearly brand new or lying hehe, I do wish there was a pill to forget everything, to then experience that feeling again for a while. Heavenly it was.
I suppose it is still much better than many places on earth, maybe you come from a hell hole, in that case I understand too.

Edited by tabarin

On 10/19/2019 at 2:23 AM, MisterBleach said:

What, dares the slave

Come hither, cover'd with an antic face,

To fleer and scorn at our solemnity?

Like anyone talks like this at all, ever, in this day and age.  And the <deleted> like, "one should look at i oneself and ponder what oneth shalt do about pigeons frolicking to and fro.  There is a solution for evermore!  Behold, this wonderful city!"  Then a recipe for pigeons.  Dude, you live in CM. It's basically a slum in a third world country.  

On 10/19/2019 at 5:23 AM, MisterBleach said:

What, dares the slave

Come hither, cover'd with an antic face,

To fleer and scorn at our solemnity?

Ahh good ol Billy S 🙂

Been working here on and off for thirty years as well as many other major and minor places in the world. I'm Australian and it is a pretty good place to live too. But Chiang mai suits me. Its all a matter of how you see it.

I live here by choice (7 years now). The few things I don't like are unimportant compared to things I do like.

That's why I stay. I'm not forced by circumstances to go or stay.

If it doesn't suit you then that's fine too. No point whingeing or making a list of bad points - that doesn't matter to me. If you don't like  it here then the airport is right near the town with a regular bus service so either go or get over it.  We wont mind. If another place suits you more then why are you here?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/19/2019 at 3:58 AM, MisterBleach said:

Chiang Mai is a city

Chiang Mai is a province.🧐

• Like 1

Wow ! so Chiang Mai is not a city ?

Quick - alert Google, OSM, Wiki, all the dictionaries, all the map makers ...

They all have it wrong

Why the respondents to the OP deny him his feelings: We are not happy so how can he be?

He knows about the pollution and the traffic and Immigration and a host of other matters affecting many on this forum but they don't affect his general state of mind.

Paradise, happiness and contentment are a state of mind, not of situation. 

Being positive is not about believing something is good when it is obviously bad but more about how you perceive and deal with it.

• Like 1