Selling my House.

On 10/25/2019 at 1:56 PM, VYCM said:

Dont be so disappointed, they all do it.

Most Agents here have no background in Real Estate, I reckon they do it as a hobby.

And they focus only on big pricing for the commission and regardless of whether they are 'active' buyers etc.

I recall an English guy who ran a very successful agency in LOS until he died, he had 3 Thai and 3 farang agents, every day they all had to prove to the boss they were active in every price / every market cut up, that was the key to his great success, and also meant his agents were also successsful in terms of regular commissions.

1 hour ago, mlkik said:
On 10/25/2019 at 8:44 AM, scorecard said:

All true but there's another point, Thai people don't buy second hand houses:

Well the house next door to us sold again recently to a Thai couple.

Generally speaking........they do choose to buy new houses.

If you thought Thai people DON'T buy second hand houses in Thailand you'd have to be missing a few marbles.

23 minutes ago, VYCM said:

I the village that I live in they choose to build a house and it can take many many years to complete due to them only having enough money to build the shell first and then over the years adding  to it until finished.

These people struggle to borrow money from the bank.

People with regular income can get a mortgage and will buy a new house or the cheaper option of the second hand house.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:09 AM, chrisandsu said:

Sorry but that’s simply not true . I have sold 3 houses and all have been to Thais . Maybe out  in the superstitious boonies that may be true . But Thais are not that fussy when the location and price is right . 

I think you hit the nail on the head, "when the price is right". When we bought our condo in Bangkok we paid 3.2 Million less than the person 5 levels down, who had an identical sized and decorated condo with the same orientation and outlook, both were brand new. The only reason we bought was because the developer was willing to drop the asking price to move the condo. But even now we realize that when we sell then we will be lucky to sell for our original purchase price in the current market and will have to meet market expectations.

On 11/1/2019 at 3:30 PM, VYCM said:

If you thought Thai people DON'T buy second hand houses in Thailand you'd have to be missing a few marbles.

absolutely, my thai friends pretty much all have more than one house/condo, many for living in during the week for convenience of traveling to work and one for the weekends. some have more than two properties, bought as investments - with varying degrees of financial success...

Archived