What not to do in Isaan

Nyezhov

I'm such an idiot sometimes I forget all of the lessons that I learned from reading this board and my many trips to Thailand. It's like you get screwed once, you think that you would remember it and avoid it in the future? Nah, I probably smoke too much weed and my brain is fried. So here I am in a Lovely hotel in Buriram with flames shooting out my **s because at the local, non farang absolutely packed restaurant I ate in last night I told the waitress that "spicy same ok" pointing to other customers.

Dude remember, you're not in Bangkok anymore. This is the manly spice country. And to be honest with you, although I am suffering right now it was probably some of the best Thai food I have had in a long time. But, sure tastes better going in than it does coming out.

Thank God for those little foil packets I have buried in every nook and corner of my pack that read "preparation h".

Enjoy your brekkie, mates!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

Too much information. 

No, too much information would have included colour and texture.

Or a selfie.

Consider yourself fortunate that I have class.

Here was I thinking you were so Bangkok-centric the rest of Thailand was a no-go zone. And there you are sampling Issan cuisine, and no doubt wondering if the darker-skinned Issan ladies of the night would be amenable to cash negotiations based on seconds rather than hours. You may be a revolutionary, introducing them to a new definition of short-time.

Does Chiang Mai beckon, or does the thought of being mobbed at the airport by hordes of wrinkled, bald expats with false teeth and big bellies repel you?

9 hours ago, amykat said:

This might be the first time he actually ate Thai food because there were not so many attractive other options around ....

Well that's so silly. I'm eating Thai food in Thailand for 25 years, how about you? And I will say, that the steak I had last night was probably one of the finest steaks I've had anywhere in the world.... stupidly cheap price compared to Vegas, Paris or New York. Not that you would put buriram in the same class....

I'm still looking for adult entertainment though... Only one night left to cross that off my bucket list

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Here was I thinking you were so Bangkok-centric the rest of Thailand was a no-go zone. And there you are sampling Issan cuisine, and no doubt wondering if the darker-skinned Issan ladies of the night would be amenable to cash negotiations based on seconds rather than hours. You may be a revolutionary, introducing them to a new definition of short-time.

Does Chiang Mai beckon, or does the thought of being mobbed at the airport by hordes of wrinkled, bald expats with false teeth and big bellies repel you?

dude can you see that scene? Me arriving at the airport, with all these old guys inchang singlets smiling with their one tooth brightly polished....everybody iswearing like turbans with a feather, so that when I get off the plane they all start doing the Bingo Jingo dance from Pardon my Sarong ....Yezhov! Yezhov! Yezhovyezhovyezhovyezhov....then appears Laccessit, nicknamed Lackey, who precedes to do the welcoming speech which no English speaking person understands because of the fact that it's in Australian next time, bring a translator Lackey.....

And bring the sacrfices too.

33 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

dude can you see that scene? Me arriving at the airport, with all these old guys inchang singlets smiling with their one tooth brightly polished....everybody iswearing like turbans with a feather, so that when I get off the plane they all start doing the Bingo Jingo dance from Pardon my Sarong ....Yezhov! Yezhov! Yezhovyezhovyezhovyezhov....then appears Laccessit, nicknamed Lackey, who precedes to do the welcoming speech which no English speaking person understands because of the fact that it's in Australian next time, bring a translator Lackey.....

And bring the sacrfices too.

You are so unkind to my polished vowels and consonants, which are spoken without the adenoidal whine of your ilk. I forgive you, as preparation H has deleterious mental effects when applied orally.

Please do not set me Augean tasks. Finding virgins in CM is one of them.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I forgive you, as preparation H has deleterious mental effects when applied orally.

Dude it's a tissue shrinker. Bring a tube of it to your favorite lip service establishment and see.

I actually like eating a raw chili or two time to time. Healthy for ya! After eating spicy stuff for a few days the initial fire ass is reduced, I find.

But yeah, I bet that food where you ate was very spicy. The sweat just pours out of my pores when I eat such hot stuff! ????

Archived