Try this

tgeezer

They prosper who burn in the morning the letters they wrote overnight.
 In this age of Vlogs and Facebook etc. I think that there is a good chance that a translation of this might be appreciated. There must be Thai sayings for “decisions are best slept on” or “act in haste repent at leisure” etc.  but novel ways of expression are always appreciated.   Is anyone interested In helping me translate it? 

Those who prosper could be the subject I think.  ใครเจริณ = คนใดที่เจริณคนนั้น..,  ? or perhaps Those who burn letters is the subject- คนที่เผาจดหมาย... 
ใครทีเจริณจะเผาในตอนเช้า จกหมายที่เขาได้เขียนในตอนเย็น. 

I will leave it there in case there are no takers. 

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

There's a saying that counters those you have mentioned and more reflects the mindset, I can only write it in karaoke Thai. "Arai ja girt, go hi mun girt" What will be, will be!

Thanks for replying. It is a different perspective but I can not see the connection.  อะไรจะเกิดก็(...)มันเกิด

I don’t know ‘hi’ .  
What will happen will happen. อะไรจะเกิดก็จะเกิด 

Soon after posting I tried my Translation with my host and was shot down in flames. Then later, a few other people turned up at the house, and an entertaining discussion ensued.  
Interestingly, ช้าช้า ได้ฟร้าเล่มงาม cha cha dy praa ngarm - slowly slowly makes a beautiful sword was offered as equivalent in meaning. 
The RID has ช้าช้าได้ฟร้าสองเล่มงาม ‘two swords’ . So the significance if ’two swords ’ has been lost, probably because nobody today is familiar with black smithing. 

This is how language changes and we can not say that there won’t be a time when English is better understood, that my syntax will be acceptable. 

In wittering away like this to Thais, I learn, i am attempting to see if I can learn by doing that here. 

There is a saying, if you throw enough sh*t at the wall some of it will stick. I will not attempt that one. 
One thing leads to another; New over the counter cures for sore throats and another for colds, acquired whilst I was in UK, were being shown me and I explained that being old those things seldom trouble me.  

Are people familiar with these? 

คนสูงอายุ  

ไม่ค่อยถูกคอเสพ หรือหวัด เพราะมีภูมิค้มกัน 

อย่ประคบประหงมลูกมากเกินไป ลูกจะได้มีภูมิคุ้มกัน 

29 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Interestingly, ช้าช้า ได้ฟร้าเล่มงาม cha cha dy praa ngarm - slowly slowly makes a beautiful sword was offered as equivalent in meaning. 

I read cha cha dy fra laim ngam

You've changed a 'f' to a 'p' and missed out 'laim' in your transliteration.

Can you read Thai script?

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

Thanks for replying. It is a different perspective but I can not see the connection.  อะไรจะเกิดก็(...)มันเกิด

I don’t know ‘hi’ .

Probably อะไรจะเกิดก็ไห้มันเกิด, echoing the Spanish que será, será

Sword should be พร้า not as I have it ฟร้า I will get a keyboard and touch type soon. I distinctly remember hitting the key to the left of ห thinking that I had พ ! 

Oh, I tried phonetics only because patOngo doesn’t appear to know Thai script, I don’t normally use it. But at least I was thinking พร้า when I wrote ฟร้า 

6 hours ago, Exploring Thailand said:

Probably อะไรจะเกิดก็ไห้มันเกิด, echoing the Spanish que será, será

You are right, funny I didn’t see hi as ให้ I read it as หี ! I think that hy is better when หัย is the sound wanted. 

7 hours ago, tgeezer said:

อย่ประคบประหงมลูกมากเกินไป ลูกจะได้มีภูมิคุ้มกัน 

This should read อย่าประคบประหงม... I expect that most people realise that but there is always one! 

Archived