A big bite of the Apple: long queues form for iPhone11

rooster59

A big bite of the Apple: long queues form for iPhone11

By The Nation

800_701691bfc4e1111.jpg

Iconsiam’s Facebook page today shared pictures of iPhone fans waiting in line to buy the brand new iPhone11 at the first official Apple store in Thailand.

73388549_1274860492694534_5934802955122245632_o.jpg

The queue started forming overnight as Apple fans tried to become first in line to get hold of the latest model. The iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 11 are exclusively available from today at the Apple store in IconSiam.

The first customer turned up at midnight and waited patiently to pick up the iPhone 11 Pro Max which he had booked online.

72430794_1274860659361184_2445051656715370496_o(1).jpg

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377518

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-19

Love the device(s), but could never justify waiting in line more than 5 minutes for it. Wait until the hype is over and get it a week later.

Here in Ubon the iPhones were available at the phone companies and no line.

11 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

this is exactly what he had in mind, all he cared about was selling gadgets and making huge profits, all the hippy rubbish was just for show

yes, this hippie rubbish most likely just cost him his life.

Every year, they post the same story, just changing what apple phone it is (iPhone "X"), perhaps updating the images but that's no guarantee. The same divided people come out and make the same derogatory responses (android vs iphone). We SOOOOOO need to get some hobbies!

18 hours ago, NiwPix said:

Love the device(s), but could never justify waiting in line more than 5 minutes for it. Wait until the hype is over and get it a week later.

Here in Ubon the iPhones were available at the phone companies and no line.

But they have to be cool NOW!

Never ceases to amaze me how gullible a lot of people are.  It's just a smart phone, just one of hundreds of equally functional devices by other manufacturers.  Some people, maybe a whole lot of people, clearly have more money than sense. 

"The first customer turned up at midnight and waited patiently to pick up the iPhone 11 Pro Max which he had booked online'' - so he ordered and paid for it online and then queued for hours to collect it, I'm sure that there was a very good reason why he couldn't wait a couple of days for it to be deliverd to his home for free.

15 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Never ceases to amaze me how gullible a lot of people are.  It's just a smart phone, just one of hundreds of equally functional devices by other manufacturers.  Some people, maybe a whole lot of people, clearly have more money than sense. 

But do they have more money than sense Pilotman or is it addiction. The money for addiction comes from many other cutbacks.  My 12 yo Nokia does all I want .  I wonder how many accidents were caused when folk were looking at their new gadgets on the way home.

I looked at these new iPhones the other day.

I got a perfect 7s n it’s great why the f would you wanna spend 2K on a phone that apart from extra lenses n tweeks in software is almost identical to mine? 
madness such madness ????

"The first customer turned up at midnight and waited patiently to pick up the iPhone 11 Pro Max which he had booked online'' - so he ordered and paid for it online and then queued for hours to collect it, I'm sure that there was a very good reason why he couldn't wait a couple of days for it to be deliverd to his home for free.
I am sure his reasons would seem quite mad to me.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

and some may not be able to afford a decent meal for the next 6 months just to buy a well overrated device.... media's fault, they make a big deal out of nothing. Never had and never will have one Apple device, it's all for the show off

35 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and some may not be able to afford a decent meal for the next 6 months just to buy a well overrated device.... media's fault, they make a big deal out of nothing. Never had and never will have one Apple device, it's all for the show off

I do like Apple products, but not at ridiculous prices.  My iPhone 6 is more than adequate for me, as is my 4 year old iPad Mini. I don't feel the need to upgrade for the sake of it.  

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

yes there is a good reason; he's a dick.  

#1. I simply don't do lines anymore. Not to sound too mortalistic, but I may only have between 250 and 350 more months to live, and that does not allow time for lines. Also, I am not a lemming. So, being the first guy to own an overpriced product is just not my thing. 

2. The iPhone is an over rated product. Been using one for years now. Compatible with my other Mac products. But sick of the lack of innovation and the horrible quality camera. Moving on to the Samsung galaxy soon. Way better phone. Faster, better graphics and the camera blows away apple. Time to move on. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The iPhone is an over rated product. Been using one for years now. Compatible with my other Mac products. But sick of the lack of innovation and the horrible quality camera. Moving on to the Samsung galaxy soon. Way better phone. Faster, better graphics and the camera blows away apple. Time to move on. 

Huawei is even better but Trump is giving them a headache right now. I own a Mate 20 X and bought the P20 pro to my wife. They will remain on Android but not sure about P30 pro that has even better camera. The price is hard to beat and the quality is impressive. 

4 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Huawei is even better but Trump is giving them a headache right now. I own a Mate 20 X and bought the P20 pro to my wife. They will remain on Android but not sure about P30 pro that has even better camera. The price is hard to beat and the quality is impressive. 

Totally agree. I got a Y9 last year for Bht 6.5k. Cannot fault it at all. Does everything it should, and looks good to me. I don't let anyone else see it!

Archived