Heading towards Rayong from North Pattaya?

jacko45k

Just a heads up, the slip road off Sukhumvit South bound (into Pattaya), that filters onto Hwy 36 (towards Rayong) was closed last night. This is usually pretty busy on a Friday evening with a lot of HGV traffic. The work started Friday morning and looked to be set in for the night to get it done. No idea how long the lane closure will be in effect, but expect delays. Imagine the heavy traffic has to continue up over the flyover, then make a U-Turn on Sukhumvit to head back Northbound, which was still open to traffic onto Hwy36. 

Anyone familiar with the area should be well aware of the mess Hwy 36 has been for a year now, and may already be avoiding the area... 

• 2 weeks later...

Things have changed. Traffic can now enter Hwy 36 from Sukhumvit South Bound.... but since Hwy 36 is a mass of road works I wonder why you should want to! Perhaps if you wish to turn left soon into Nong Plalai or Nong Khet Noi.  But, and there is always a but. Traffic can no longer enter Sukhumvit Northbound from Hwy 36 NW  bound, nor make the U-Turn at the end of Hwy36. I would expect North bound (towards Laem Chabang and Sri Racha from Pattaya), cannot access Hwy 36 at this junction. (Kah-ting-lai it is called, or something like that). 

Caught me out today.....

Archived