POTY 2019: Format Ideas

geronimo

Time stops for no man and we are approaching that time when saddles, bridles and whips are being readied for that annual bloodbath ordeal to find POTY. This thread is for constructive ideas on how we can make the contest more interesting. I will summarise and present the best of our ideas to the almighty one and hopefully, we can come up with something rivetting!

I'll start by suggesting that voters can change their vote right up to the finish line.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Why don't we have more than one catagory. e.g.
The most boring poster
The grumpiest poster
etc

in a bid to keep things positive, we could have "most informative", "funniest" or even "most way out' Besides, there would be far too many nominations for boring and grumpy posters!

31 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I'll start by suggesting that voters can change their vote right up to the finish line.

Sadly the forum software no longer allows poll voters to change their votes.

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Sadly the forum software no longer allows poll voters to change their votes.

So, how about each member having 3 votes? Then they could hold baack a couple for the final stretch.

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

So, how about each member having 3 votes? Then they could hold baack a couple for the final stretch.

The poll software allows 3 questions each with up to 20 answers. Unfortunately once you've voted you don't get another vote in the same poll.

We could do nominations then take the top 20 and then have three questions for 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice, but I don't see a way of stopping someone voting for the same victim in all three slots.

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

The poll software allows 3 questions each with up to 20 answers. Unfortunately once you've voted you don't get another vote in the same poll.

We could do nominations then take the top 20 and then have three questions for 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice, but I don't see a way of stopping someone voting for the same victim in all three slots.

then let them vote for the same person if that's what they want.

42 minutes ago, geronimo said:

and I see no reason why a member can't win it more than once!

I do, i saw the true side of some posters/ posers on here after i was P.O.T.Y.

The hatred/ bile, disgusting things a handful of jealous members posted were disgusting.

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

The hatred/ bile, disgusting things a handful of jealous members posted were disgusting.

well, you could remove yourself from the running if you choose.

20 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Colin..ahem..you never did send me a receipt for the 2,372 baht I spent on "contributions" towards getting you elected last year.????

Just now, Assurancetourix said:

If it's relative to the number of posts, it gives me some chances;:crazy:
and as a bonus does the fact of being Breton from France give me extra points? :cheesy:

No, I have not smoked :sorry:

Wow, you do have a very good likes to post ratio, are you intellectual by any chance?

46 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Well it wasn't me!

And not entirely surprisingly (i never said i was clever)

i have just worked out what POTY means

3 minutes ago, poohy said:

Well it wasn't me!

And not entirely surprisingly (i never said i was clever)

i have just worked out what POTY means

Poohy should be nominated this year! I can see it now, "Poohy for POTY"

You could open a "runners topic" those who wish to run can post there manifesto in that topic, those that support put a "like" and only a "like", nothing negative.

The most likes at the end is the winner, but remember likes can be removed at anytime too ! 

Just a suggestion, might work better than a poll and give the runners a platform to promote and gather support.

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

You could open a "runners topic" those who wish to run can post there manifesto in that topic, those that support put a "like" and only a "like", nothing negative.

The most likes at the end is the winner, but remember likes can be removed at anytime too ! 

Just a suggestion, might work better than a poll and give the runners a platform to promote and gather support.

Good idea!

10 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Because he lives in (PKK) Prachuap Khiri Khan :thumbsup:

I do indeed (someone has to )

Secondly  thats where the wife lives she would take a dim view of me moving elsewhere

Lastly and most importantly  i would miss the dogs!

1 minute ago, poohy said:

I do indeed (someone has to )

Secondly  thats where the wife lives she would take a dim view of me moving elsewhere

Lastly and most importantly  i would miss the dogs!

I'll nominate you this year Sir

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

This thread is for constructive ideas on how we can make the contest more interesting.

FIrst year living in thailand full time and posting profusely on here.

Seems the member with highest ratio of "likes", "haha", or "thanks" to their posts should win.

Where are the current contest rules? I looked at forum rules and did not see 

Archived