POTY 2019: Format Ideas

geronimo

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/19/2019 at 1:20 PM, CharlieH said:

You could open a "runners topic" those who wish to run can post there manifesto in that topic, those that support put a "like" and only a "like", nothing negative.

The most likes at the end is the winner, but remember likes can be removed at anytime too ! 

Just a suggestion, might work better than a poll and give the runners a platform to promote and gather support.

??

2 minutes ago, sipi said:

Looks like you're it Geronimo.

Unless you don't want to be commentator and POTY nominee all in one.

There's a conflict of interest, and in the highly unlikely event I crossed the line first, there would be howls of corruption and fixed! We could always ask a previous winner, after all, they cannot enter the race. I wonder if Colin would be available?

Nominations:

Bluesofa - consistently funny, incisive & accurate.

Will27 - contributions to "What Movies".

Nyezhov - great stories, well written, & very funny.

Geronimo - again, great stories.

NCC 1701A - for his outstanding work!!!

Could we also have a BSOTY - or are there too many?

Having just read the small print in my contract, it appears I can commentate right up to the starting gun being fired. I shall compile a list of nominated POTY runners in due course, and generally do what I can to raise a few titters as we prepare for what will hopefully be a classic contest!!!!

33 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Having just read the small print in my contract, it appears I can commentate right up to the starting gun being fired. I shall compile a list of nominated POTY runners in due course, and generally do what I can to raise a few titters as we prepare for what will hopefully be a classic contest!!!!

I'd like to volunteer as a 'titter' please.

Just now, sunnyboy2018 said:

Ah. I would like to nominate Sanemax and Henrik. I just cant say how much I enjoy their contributions.

Both names have gone into the hat, and if you could say how much you enjoyed their contributions, it might give them a fighting chance! Two worthy contestants for sure!

The champagne gala dinner is really the highlight of the event, when pomp and ceremony are the order of the day. Last year, Trans had to be wheeled out in a chair, and if you think that's odd, this year's winner will also be leaving on wheels ????????????

Archived