POTY 2019: Format Ideas

geronimo

5 minutes ago, sipi said:

I'll nominate Geronimo. Just to stop him being MC again this year and nearly getting suspended again.

My name is also in the hat good Sir, thanks to your earlier nomination. I have mixed feelings about hanging up the microphone and entering the field of combat. Having commentated for so many years, I know more than most, some of the underhand tactics that have been used to derail popular candidates, and with my tomahawk at hand, I shall do my best to survive, never mind win!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Rumours are circulating that Time Magazine have an exclusive interview with Colin, as he nears the end of his tenure. Hopefully there'll be no behind the scenes revelations .......

Bit late for behind the scenes revelations, Rooster did that a few months ago, no more skeletons in the cupboard.????

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Almost time who should we nominate?

NCC1701A, gods gift to women.:cheesy:

Bluesofa, for the corniest jokes.????

Billd for only posting common sense.????

Worgordie for his northern wit.????

Justgrazing, sheep love him.????

Justweird, on occasions has been known to agree with me.????️‍♀️

i just want to say no matter how much money i have to spend to buy everyone's vote it is a honor to be included with these fine examples of of of of my fellow posters.  

After the first round, the top 8 scorers should (after they have agreed to participate), put forward a mission statement of at least  69 words.

The next cut is to 4 and then 2. The final two go head to head in a fantastic, nailbiting finale.

It must be the fair way.

Yinn will get 250 free vote. Because I am Yinn.

Nobody can promote themself. Only Yinn. If they do it, will be disappear for “attitude adjustment”. Secret place.

can not speak together.

The popular one have restricted, so can not have to many vote themself. 

Only Yinn can buy vote. Anyone other do it, will go to jail. 

Another 150 vote, will go to “up to Yinn”. The most popular will not get any of this votes. Only the friend of Yinn.

if someone look like will be very popular, they will be disqualified for share of travel magazine.

And other reason. Not sure yet. But have.

(But If Yinn friend, can sell heroin, be mafia boss, no problem)

if Yinn get 87 from the other 350/500 vote and someone else get more, must wait three month.

Then Yinn win.

If Yinn not win, Yinn can chose who Yinn want. Can chose Yinn. 

so 

250 free for Yinn.

150 up to Yinn.

350 up to voter. Maybe.

If I die before. I nominate villagefarang. Nice guy.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

goes anyone know where i can buy non latex condoms?

sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to ask that question.

Use Cling Film, aka Saran Wrap.

The benefit being, it's not flammable, & therefore is for the more erm... vigorous activity.

Failing that, use the pink tights from Trans.

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

It must be the fair way.

Yinn will get 250 free vote. Because I am Yinn.

Nobody can promote themself. Only Yinn. If they do it, will be disappear for “attitude adjustment”. Secret place.

can not speak together.

The popular one have restricted, so can not have to many vote themself. 

Only Yinn can buy vote. Anyone other do it, will go to jail. 

Another 150 vote, will go to “up to Yinn”. The most popular will not get any of this votes. Only the friend of Yinn.

if someone look like will be very popular, they will be disqualified for share of travel magazine.

And other reason. Not sure yet. But have.

(But If Yinn friend, can sell heroin, be mafia boss, no problem)

if Yinn get 87 from the other 350/500 vote and someone else get more, must wait three month.

Then Yinn win.

If Yinn not win, Yinn can chose who Yinn want. Can chose Yinn. 

so 

250 free for Yinn.

150 up to Yinn.

350 up to voter. Maybe.

If I die before. I nominate villagefarang. Nice guy.

The only way to win is to be very nice to your friend Charlie. He counts the votes...the Thai way. ????

10 hours ago, owl sees all said:

After the first round, the top 8 scorers should (after they have agreed to participate), put forward a mission statement of at least  69 words.

The next cut is to 4 and then 2. The final two go head to head in a fantastic, nailbiting finale.

I like 69, but what was that about missionary something?

17 hours ago, geronimo said:

Both names have gone into the hat, and if you could say how much you enjoyed their contributions, it might give them a fighting chance! Two worthy contestants for sure!

I enjoyed the contributions of Sanemax and Henrik because they examplify the expats who live in Thailand yet never allow their experience to change them even going so far as to never smoke pot, never buy a bar girl a drink,  never bother to learn any Thai so as to keep their minds clear. I cant say how much I respect such people. They also afford me and many others a great laugh. But their moral purity is an example to us all with their celebration of the misfortunes of 'druggies' and 'prostitutes'.

Archived