What one month’s rent in London’s most expensive properties could get you

rooster59

What one month’s rent in London’s most expensive properties could get you

David Buckley

cropped-Park_Lane.jpg

Just one month’s rent in a Mayfair penthouse could sail two people around the world on a 112-night cruise

We all know how pricey London can be – after all, it’s one of the most expensive cities in the world. But just how much money do renters in the capital’s poshest areas actually spend on their properties? 

Property experts FastSaleHomes.co.uk have surveyed London rental properties to get an idea of what a person could buy if they moved outside the UK’s capital. The research shows what could be bought with the money one would have to spend on renting these properties for a year.

I find the figures quite frightening. If, like me, you find the sums a little difficult to comprehend (or believe) click on the links.

Four-bedroom Mayfair Penthouse – £260,000 monthly rent

With the £260,000 you would have to pay every month to rent a four-bedroom penthouse in Park Lane (main picture), you could BUY a three-bedroom house in Southampton. With the roughly £3 million in rent payments for the next 11 months you could invest in a four bedroom, four bathroom house in Florida. Or with just one year’s rent, you could buy around 16 properties in the East Midlands*.

Full story: https://londoninspire.co.uk/what-one-months-rent-in-londons-most-expensive-properties-could-get-you/

1RHcVpx.jpg

-- © Copyright London Inspire in Thailand

Follow London Inspire on Facebook

Just now, PatOngo said:

Sounds like a good time for hiso Thai's to invest more in the London real estate market!

Sounds like an even better time to make reciprocal laws concerning Thais buying UK houses and land and Brits buying Thai houses and land. I imagine when the Thai hiso's are forced to give 51% of their UK properties to their British maid or gardener it would raise some eyebrows, and potentially could force Thai law to modernize quick-smart.

I would suggest if someone can afford that sort of payment, then they are in a position where money doesnt feature in any aspect of the decision.

As I believe someone once said "Its nice to be able to live where your decisions are not based on your finances"

7 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Sounds like an even better time to make reciprocal laws concerning Thais buying UK houses and land and Brits buying Thai houses and land. I imagine when the Thai hiso's are forced to give 51% of their UK properties to their British maid or gardener it would raise some eyebrows, and potentially could force Thai law to modernize quick-smart.

In a post Brexit world all the world's money is welcome in this Free State to invest in what they wish. Expect a house price boom in the SE of England one which I expect to benefit from before my final move back home to cheap as chips North where I will re-invent myself as a Brexit loving northerner returned to my roots and pretend to be poorish. 

Archived