TM30 Question

Hi Guys,

I am due to renew my Non O visa this week and have a worry regarding TM30

I spent the odd night in BK in a hotel which my wife does not know about, and I want to know whether this will be flagged up when we are sitting in immigration and all the <deleted> hits the fan.

We live in Nonthaburi, so I am guessing that counts as a separate province. The time spent each time in hotel was only one night per time.

Anybody have experience of this?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, berybert said:

This province thing doesn't matter. If you live in Bangkok and spend a night in a Bangkok hotel you are meant to do a TM30 when you return home. 

If you want to play around behind the Mrs back it's getting harder. (ohh errr)

Do short time rooms do a TM30 report ?

2 hours ago, Blue flare said:

I am due to renew my Non O visa this week and have a worry regarding TM30

It´s totally possible for you to do the TM30 all by yourself, if you have the paperwork. If you worry too much, do it before and pay the possible fine and then it will be out of your hair.

As a reminder, though. You are probably not worried about your TM30 and have questions about that. To me it seems that worry more about how to keep your wife in the dark, and are afraid that she might think that you are cheating on her. Absolutely nothing that I would think, as everybody need a room to sleep when they are tired. ????

Thanks for the advice guys.

Ok, it was not short time, it was a regular hotel room which I booked via Agoda and showed my passport there. 

The wife as house owner has done nothing to register for TM30 so thats why I am afraid it may come up when we visit immigration.

Has anybody been picked up regarding TM30 at the time of visa renewal?

1 hour ago, Blue flare said:

Thanks for the advice guys.

Ok, it was not short time, it was a regular hotel room which I booked via Agoda and showed my passport there. 

The wife as house owner has done nothing to register for TM30 so thats why I am afraid it may come up when we visit immigration.

Has anybody been picked up regarding TM30 at the time of visa renewal?

If you're renewing a non o extension in bangkok, you will absolutely get pulled up and fined if your current TM30 (presumably submitted by the hotel) does not match your 90 day reporting or the address your trying to use to make the extension. Use the app to register the address now , then use the app to submit you stay. The alternative is to get all your wifes paperwork for house registration etc... and go to immigration yourself and file the TM30 (and extension) alone.

You and your wife "COULD" go stay in a hotel together now ... that would obfuscate the current TM30 altogether ???? ... you would still be fined for a TM30 that doesant match 90 reporting address and the address you're using to make the extension, but it would at least reflect your hotel stay with your wife

Edited by lupin
correction

Lupin, Thanks.

I am confused, I had around 6 hotel stays during the last six months with nothing being filed, because back then I knew nothing about TM30.

Are you saying if the wife and I stay at a hotel in the next few days then file a TM30 that wipes out all the previous?

If that is the case does it mean I will only be picked up on only my last hotel visit that I do not want my wife to know about?

6 minutes ago, Blue flare said:

Lupin, Thanks.

I am confused, I had around 6 hotel stays during the last six months with nothing being filed, because back then I knew nothing about TM30.

Are you saying if the wife and I stay at a hotel in the next few days then file a TM30 that wipes out all the previous?

If that is the case does it mean I will only be picked up on only my last hotel visit that I do not want my wife to know about?

If your wife or you have never filed a TM30, the only one that matters is going to the last one you do.... since thats going to be a hotel that you are both staying in... it will also be in contradiction to what you put on the application for extension (or any 90 day reporting you've done)

At that point, the IO will get your wife to fillout and file another TM30 (because you cannot do the extension without a valid TM30 that matches the extension application)... with her ID card and house reg etc.. (make sure she takes them)... , you should also ask for a a login or an account to be created to do this yourself online for any future "excursions" so you can enter your details when you get back "home"

So, are you saying that my last hotel visit showed me residing there, and as no TM30 was filed showing me returning home, then that will be the issue?

So could I file a TM30 for that visit now?

When I did my last 90 day report about six weeks ago nothing was said then, it showed my home address....

You are helping Lupin, but boy I am still confused about all this!

13 minutes ago, Blue flare said:

So, are you saying that my last hotel visit showed me residing there, and as no TM30 was filed showing me returning home, then that will be the issue?

So could I file a TM30 for that visit now?

When I did my last 90 day report about six weeks ago nothing was said then, it showed my home address....

You are helping Lupin, but boy I am still confused about all this!

To answer your initial question... yes, you could go and file the TM30 now with all the needed docs (but this all requires your wifes house reg/her ID card etc... which means you'll need to get all that from her to do it yourself... otherwise your back as square one if she goes with you)

The alternative is to register the address online with the docs and file the TM30 online before going to do your extension....

If you DO go to immigration with the wife though...

At Bangkok immigration, when you do an extension, you need a valid TM30 and 90 day report that matches your existing address (the address you're using to make the extension)

(Bangkok immigration dont currently require you to have a matching TM30 when doing 90 day reporting, which is why you were not pulled up for it 6 weeks ago when you went to do your 90 day report.... you will most certainly be pulled up for it when you do your extension of a non o)

To get your extension, you are going to need to have a valid TM30 on file that has your current address (the same one as the application for extension) ... since you dont have that, your wife will be asked to submit house reg/ thai ID card etc.. to register the address and file your TM30

So right now, you have a TM30 on file from a hotel that you dont want to risk becoming known to your wife.... so if you wife is going to need to register your current address to do the TM30, the easiest way to negate the fallout of the immigration officer saying, "oh I see you already have a TM30 on file from  - girls do me happy-time hotel -"  is for you and your wife to go to a hotel (one that submits a TM30) so the immigration officer instead says "oh I see you already have a TM30 on file from - nothing going on here coz I'm with my wife hotel- "

You'll then have TM30 filed with your address that your wife has registered... at the same time I would ask the IO to create a login with those house reg details so YOU can then file any TM30s when you get back from any other hotel visits in future.

Edited by lupin
correction

Lupin great thanks,

I just need to now think of an excuse for us to visit a hotel and delay my extension visit to IO because it runs out next Wednesday!

I seem to remember being a few days overdue a couple of years back and got fined, but it will be worth it!

Lupin great thanks,

I just need to now think of an excuse for us to visit a hotel and delay my extension visit to IO because it runs out next Wednesday!

I seem to remember being a few days overdue a couple of years back and got fined, but it will be worth it!

Trying to get your wife to stay with you in a hotel in BKK could well raise suspicions unless it follows a sumptuous 5 star buffet in any of the 5star hotels in Bkk.

Cheaper would be to take a short break in Hua Hin or Jomtien or Bang Saen. Use “cheap seafood “ as an excuse, unless either of you don’t like seafood.

Alternatively, from Nonthaburi, there are good river prawns restaurant north, in Saraburi, Ayuthaya etc

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue flare said:

Lupin great thanks,

Do not under any circumstances let the extension run out... do whatever you need to do to get it done in time. Otherwise you risk not having a valid permitted to stay stamp to extend... ???? 

The "oh wow I just won a 2 night stay at the blah blah hotel for this monday/tuesday" .. can sell it as "oh look and its close to immigration, lets stay there monday/tuesday so we can go do immigration next day"

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Blue flare said:

Lupin, it gets worse, I just checked my visa, looks like I read the badly smudged date wrong, it's 21st, this Monday....

hotel tomorrow night... with a trip to immigration monday?

Otherwise have to bite the bullet and see where the wind blows.

What you cant afford to do is get the extension wrong... you're gonna need the docs with your wife to get the TM30 filed on the same day (Monday) because you have no time to come back next day if the IO says you dont have matching TM30.

Edited by lupin
speeeeeling

Since when is this law enforced? I never heard of this BS, my last SETV extension was on 14 May 2019 in Rayong. I was never registered, arrived in BKK Suvarnabhumi was picked up by my GF stayed in her room for 2 months, never used a hotel or anything like that or showed my passport anywhere. My extension was done w/o any problems. I did only use hotels after extensions and they did never ask for anything. In Rayong.. I dont think any hotel even reports it, i saw like 6 foreigners total in 3 months there in the city!

Hi Guys

I promised an update. I cannot add any further info regarding the TM30 discussion as I never reached that point in the application.

My application was thrown out due to a couple of errors in the paperwork (which had been fine others years) so I have been given an extension for a short time, then have to apply again.

A couple of other expats I spoke to there had not even heard of the latest TM30 problems and submitted their TM30 form exactly as previous years, just showing their arrival into TH.

So on it goes....