Survey: Thais are short of money - and it's worse than Indonesia!

rooster59

On 10/19/2019 at 1:09 PM, EricTh said:

Thailand need more Chinese tourists and not cheap charlies

In that case they will need to have more toilets, and not just in shopping malls and service stations.

Imagine lots of Chinese on the MRT stations.:cheesy:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/19/2019 at 9:52 PM, HuskerDo said:

And as a business they are running it to make a profit. If they are overly concerned with the customers they'd be a charity. Banks are like any other business and yes that does mean they look to make profits.  

There is businesses making profit and there is greed. The banks come into the latter category.

18 hours ago, Vacuum said:

In short , they can't.

Well I've bought land/property here and under Thai law I'm legally entitled to half of it just like the same in most countries as I am married.

i also have a usufruct lifetime lease and can throw my wife out and she can't do nothing about it.my name is on the chanote papers.

so you can buy land as I said in my first comment but I didn't mention anything about ownership of the land.

It's a pity that it's said you can't own land by many people but they just repeat hearsay and wouldn't have a clue about protecting their investment in a legal way.

IMG_3034.PNG

58 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Well I've bought land/property here and under Thai law I'm legally entitled to half of it just like the same in most countries as I am married.

i also have a usufruct lifetime lease and can throw my wife out and she can't do nothing about it.my name is on the chanote papers.

so you can buy land as I said in my first comment but I didn't mention anything about ownership of the land.

It's a pity that it's said you can't own land by many people but they just repeat hearsay and wouldn't have a clue about protecting their investment in a legal way.

IMG_3034.PNG

....but you don't own the land.

On 10/20/2019 at 12:43 PM, Ireland32 said:

Same as China’s Debt Traps, operate the same and collect properties 

So true. Eventually all the chanotes the  Banks hold over credit will need to be sold off.

Will rural Thailand communities end up being serfs in whole areas and villages owned  by and at the mercy of the rich elite or corporate overlords in a reverse turn of the  wheel back to the conditions  of the 10th  century?

1 hour ago, Bkkthebest said:

foreigners are not allowed to buy land in Thailand. Are you bull.....shi..ing me?

Ok let's reword it.i as a farang bought land through my wife.i gave her the money and she paid for it.as I've pointed out in later replies.im married so legally entitled to half of it.also I have a lifetime usufruct which I have full rights to use and profit from the property as I have 4 rentals and the money goes in my pocket.

as it stands I have more rights on the property here than I would with a wife in my homeland.my name is on the deeds and I have the right to kick her out but she can't kick me out.

when we went to view the property I said I'm going to buy this one.she didn't say to me she was going to buy it.so I hope that's cleared the matter up.

On 10/19/2019 at 11:41 AM, Lemonltr said:

And the poorer workers have to pay 30 baht to sent 1.000 baht to parents because of a fictitious Chang Wat digital border. 

this makes no sense.  the poor worker should be able to transfer to the parents bank account without any fees, even if to different banks.  I do it quite frequently with my own accounts.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:58 AM, PatOngo said:

The wealthiest 1% said they had absolutely no problem as they are sitting on 66% of the countries wealth!

And that 66% is the declared income. Have to wonder what the number would be if you include everything the top 1%  suck out of the economy.

2 hours ago, Vacuum said:

....but you don't own the land.

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Your original and subsequent posts are confusing, so don't blame others for not following your point.

As for your point, I believe it is as simple as this (assuming I'm able to read though your somewhat convoluted prose):

1.  Foreigner pays for land held in the name of his Thai wife.  He is not, however, listed as an owner of the land.

2.  Foreigner receives a usufruct over the land for his lifetime (this is not a "lease" by the way, but similar).

3.  His name is on the "chanote papers" as a holder of a usufruct.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:43 PM, Ireland32 said:

Same as China’s Debt Traps, operate the same and collect properties 

The truth about Sri Lanka’s Hambantota port, Chinese ‘debt traps’ and ‘asset seizures’

The Hambantota port lease was not a result of any inability to service the loans, nor was it a debt-for-equity swap — the Sri Lankan government still owns the port. And funds received for the lease were not used to repay port-related debt, but to pay off more expensive loans, generally to Western entities.

Archived