What douments for 1st class insurance.

Don Mega

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Did ours online after choosing the cover we wanted, paid with my visa, truck insured in Mrs name, changed insurance company so they wanted copy of previous company schedule, copy of blue book.  

Thanks, does it matter if bluebook is not in my name ?

6 hours ago, stubuzz said:

They will issue the policy in the name of the owner in blue book. Make sure the policy covers everyone and not just a named driver.

We use Tokyo Marine for years.

They wanted a copy of the book, while car was on finance, so not in our name.

Insurance policy was in our name.

They just wanted a copy of the blue book for the details of the vehicle, VIN, color, MY, ...

So not a concern if the book not in the insured name

1 hour ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Just did my insurance with Roojia. They were very helpfull.. did everything on line plus saved 40%.. 

I did well too. Though, I have just changed the car plate number, so I sent them and email, then two more to tell them, in case a claim problem, asked them to let me know they received the mail, had an automated reply with nothing on it after a week from the third email.. Looks like a phone call is required...☹️

24 minutes ago, SiamSully said:

Has anyone heard anything about Thaivivat insurance? Buy insurance for a specified time (600 hours) - turn it on with a phone app when you use the vehicle and off when you park it. 

I'd forget to turn it on !!

If the insurance has lapsed they would insist that someone come over and take a picture of your cars and any damages prior to renewal, and they won't cover those damages onwards. Some company would let you take the pictures of all the sides and send it to them even

9 minutes ago, digbeth said:

If the insurance has lapsed they would insist that someone come over and take a picture of your cars and any damages prior to renewal, and they won't cover those damages onwards. Some company would let you take the pictures of all the sides and send it to them even

Roojai did ours via iphone, a lady in BKK gave Mrs.Trans instructions whilst she walked around the car to look at all the panels..High tech stuff, all done in a few minutes with no home visit...

59 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Mine was not lapsed.

Insurance broker wanted pictures with date stamp visible.

51 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Mine was not lapsed.

Insurance broker wanted pictures with date stamp visible.

Did you change agents/company? normally with continuing cover, they would assume that should you have any damages, you'd already made a claim and repaired with the then current insurance company, and can consider your car damage-free and start a new cover without need of proof of no previous damage.

Sometime they suggest that you make a claim with previous company before renewing for next year if they see something they don't like. 

4 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Did you change agents/company? normally with continuing cover, they would assume that should you have any damages, you'd already made a claim and repaired with the then current insurance company, and can consider your car damage-free and start a new cover without need of proof of no previous damage.

Sometime they suggest that you make a claim with previous company before renewing for next year if they see something they don't like. 

Its a vehicle I recently purchased, hence my query about the book not in my name.

I have changed insurer.

Archived