Update: Australian denies Bangkok exchange booth robbery but police say they have enough evidence

rooster59

Update: Australian denies Bangkok exchange booth robbery but police say they have enough evidence

aussie.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

The man who police claim robbed a Government Savings Bank exchange booth in the Soi 24 area of Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok on Wednesday has been named as a 57 year old Australian.

He denies all charges.

He was arrested the next day at the Le Siam Hotel in the Bang Rak area of the capital.

In the theft a man produced a knife and made off with 61,000 baht's worth of dollars, yen and yuan.

He escaped on a motorcycle taxi.

Police said they have plenty of evidence including witness statements from bank staff and a motorcycle taxi rider and a signature on a receipt.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-19

12 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Police said they have plenty of evidence including witness statements from bank staff and a motorcycle taxi rider and a signature on a receipt.

A signature on a receipt? He must have been pretty stupid if he used his own name.

when I sign my debit card slips I always sign them as Enid Blyton (a UK children's author), as not once in fifteen years have any shop staff ever compared my signature on the slip to the back of my card.

Twice I signed as Rumpelstiltskin - just because I can.

not sure about this story, either this guy is extremely stupid or he is being stitched up by staff at the booth, there is usually a glass panel separating customers from staff so what use would a knife be

and yes these booths have cctv I wonder if it was working throughout the transaction

surely he is still in possession of the proceeds

I'm not buying it

This was not a normal private bank exchange booth but a single booth at rear of Government Savings Bank automatic dispensers from other reports.  CCTV did indeed record plate of MC taxi he departed with but that likely was outside the booth/ATM area.  From news photo after capture he may have needed funds for Rogaine.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

made off with 61,000 baht's worth of dollars, yen and yuan

Should think himself lucky there was someone in there instead of some badly written handmade sign saying they've gone to stuff their face or have a pony & trap and will be back in 20 .. 

8 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Should think himself lucky there was someone in there instead of some badly written handmade sign saying they've gone to stuff their face or have a pony & trap and will be back in 20 .. 

As long as they didn't go to stuff their face with a pony & trap...

Fact is this habitual liar/thief/convicted felon did this same exact crime in Japan back in 2012  (albeit for a significantly higher sum of money) :

https://forum.gaijinpot.com/forum/community-center/latest-japan-news/95180-australian-loser-arrested-for-july-holdup-in-roppongi

and served hard time in Japan prison for nearly 4 years.

He rightfully gets banned from Japan (where he has left a naive Japanese wife and two innocent kids) and decides to come to Thailand of all places to commit more crime.

He will be in for shock as Japan prison is probably a walk in the park compared to what he is facing in a Thai jail.

I do not know if he is either mentally ill or just a total idiot fool (or maybe both).

I also know that he has deceived a few former friends and has a previous family that he tries to keep secret.

Another article here: https://www.thairath.co.th/news/crime/1684618

I hope after he serves his time in Thailand he gets banished back to his homeland and never be allowed to leave.

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

So the conclusion is that all Australians are criminals?

Not all Image result for australia penal colony  But some

In 1787, the British government shipped the first fleet of convicts to Australia’s east coast, identified by Captain James Cook as suitable for habitation in 1770. Hundreds of prisoners, guards and mariners landed at Port Jackson in January 1788, becoming the first Europeans to settle in Australia.

5 minutes ago, Thian said:

So the conclusion is that all Australians are criminals?

No. 

Just make point that every time thred mention “Indian” some caucasian member say they all bad. 

But themself perfect? Who cause more problem? 

Archived