Thai driving licences: So long as you have one arm or leg you're good to go!

rooster59

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, brokenbone said:

agree on your assessment except for color blind,

there is a lot that goes into it even if you somehow

invented a traffic light system that a color blind can

understand, like breaking lights, signal left/right

Hmmm true, I did not consider breaking lights. I guess I'd need to actually be colorblind to experience it, currently my understanding is they can see "a color" just fine, being it green and/or red appearing to be yellow, but I wouldn't know if they also have problems interpreting the intensity of said color as well. Signal/Emeergency signal can be understood from context of the situation I'd believe, breaking light (intensity) I'd would be the only thing left, or am I missing something else?

Who is (whichever) colorblind and can chime in? ????

9 hours ago, Ceruhe said:

Hmmm true, I did not consider breaking lights. I guess I'd need to actually be colorblind to experience it, currently my understanding is they can see "a color" just fine, being it green and/or red appearing to be yellow, but I wouldn't know if they also have problems interpreting the intensity of said color as well. Signal/Emeergency signal can be understood from context of the situation I'd believe, breaking light (intensity) I'd would be the only thing left, or am I missing something else?

Who is (whichever) colorblind and can chime in? ????

The most common form of colour blindness, for men, is red/green. This does not mean they cannot distinguish between red and green, but rather in certain circumstances they can have an issue. A good way to visualise this is to image a red golf tee being placed on the green grass of the tee off area. They may have a problem seeing the small red object against a large green background.

It is very rare for people not to be able to recognise the colours in isolation, say traffic lights, and even rarer for anyone to be blind to colours, unless of course they are in fact blind. The changes to electrical wiring colours is a case in point. Pretty well every electrician could see the red, black and green wires when presented in isolation, but may have problems when working in a switchboard with hundreds of wires.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:42 AM, BestB said:

No they do not. in 20 years i was never tested nor saw or heard of anyone else being tested for eyesight besides color blind test

In 30 years I have known they have always done a colour blindness test, reaction test (with green to red light) and depth perception test.

Done the tests in Bangkok (two different Land Transport Depts., Chonburi and upcountry).

1 minute ago, Yadon Toploy said:

In 30 years I have known they have always done a colour blindness test, reaction test (with green to red light) and depth perception test.

Done the tests in Bangkok (two different Land Transport Depts., Chonburi and upcountry).

when I got my license 2 years ago I was not given any kind of test hopefully when I go back next month it will be the same

Archived