Peera Pharmacy - Testosterone in stock now?

WaveHunter

Can anybody comment on whether Peera is now stocked with 10-ampule boxes of Testosterone (Bayer or RotexMedica)?  If you know price, that would be nice to know.  I'm moving to CM next month.  It's readily available down here in Pattaya (RotexMedica), so I'm wondering if I should buy here before I leave or not.  I use it for legitimate TRT overseen by my MD, so no nasty troll remarks or flames please.  

Edited by WaveHunter

2 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

You can get caps here easily not sure about ampules.

60caps 900bht.

1 a day will help heaps.

I hope you're not talking about anything but undecanoate (i.e.: Claris Jatenzo) since there are many "testosterone" capsules on the market that are simply scams.  Only undecanoate has been approved by FDA as an oral form of testosterone for TRT. 

Personally, I'm not really into oral delivery since it can have possible negative effects on the liver in the long term.  Further, it has to be taken three times daily in order to be effective, and even then it has an uncertain absorption pattern which results in peaks and valleys of serum testosterone levels throughout the day. 

Just my humble opinion but injection of enanthate or cypionate forms seems much more effective and safer.  Just something to consider.

Edited by WaveHunter

There is a US scientific school of thought who consider that the first sign of underlying male health problems emanate through a hormonal imbalance, such as testosterone levels. Doctors treat symptoms, not prevention of possible diseases - basically because they're not proficient in nutrition science. 

The same school consider that a lack of critical/essential dietary nutrition could be one cause - and not the reasoning it's just 'old-age' creeping up. While I appreciate your mostly healthy lifestyle, WH, this IS a yellow light that's been flagged. I suggest (for peace of mind) taking a PHI blood test if you haven't done so already - it's a comprehensive prostate health Index, much more accurate than a PSA lone. 

7 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

There is a US scientific school of thought who consider that the first sign of underlying male health problems emanate through a hormonal imbalance, such as testosterone levels. Doctors treat symptoms, not prevention of possible diseases - basically because they're not proficient in nutrition science. 

The same school consider that a lack of critical/essential dietary nutrition could be one cause - and not the reasoning it's just 'old-age' creeping up. While I appreciate your mostly healthy lifestyle, WH, this IS a yellow light that's been flagged. I suggest (for peace of mind) taking a PHI blood test if you haven't done so already - it's a comprehensive prostate health Index, much more accurate than a PSA lone. 

We're kind of getting off-topic (which I expected would happen with this thread) but that's OK.  Totally agree with you that most MD's treat symptoms not causes, and more importantly, very few of them look to nutritional practices as a root cause of many illnesses.  Luckily for me, I have an outstanding doctor who is guilty of none of these things.  I think the most important thing a person can do when it comes to considering possible TRT is to have an outstanding doctor to advise you.

That said, my own TRT is only a small part of my overall health lifestyle strategy.  I am aware of the The Prostate Health Index but never had it done.  It's really just a formula that combines all three test forms (total PSA, free PSA and p2PSA) into a single score.  My doctor never suggested it but my PSA is tested every time I get panels and it's always been spot on.  All in all, I take TRT very seriously even though my prescribed dosages are very low (125mg/week).  I place greater emphasis on nutrition than anything else as far as staying healthy, and I think that's the real key for anyone wishing to have a healthy and productive life.

16 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

If that is the case why didn’t you say so in the beginning? It is a different question.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Obviously, by the way the post was titled, it was directed at people who use Testosterone and purchase it from Peera.  Anyone who uses it is well aware that a shortage has existed since last October, thus no need to state the obvious! 

Obviously you do not use testosterone or you would have understood this.  You added nothing helpful in your original reply, or in this second reply, so I have to wonder, why are you even wasting your time or mine here?

Edited by WaveHunter

2 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Hope your mother is coming with you like last time, she really is a fantastic lady.

LOL...I think you have me confused with somebody else, though my mother is indeed a fantastic lady ????

Edited by WaveHunter

56 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

I would stock up in Pattaya because - a: health security, and b: I would save a fair bit of cash.

I bet the elderly lady at 'Tim's' pharmacy would make a nice bulk deal.

If I was flying to CM, I would bring my doctor's prescription because some security officials have been known to seize improperly 'documented' medicines.

Peera was always very competitive on price and totally trustworthy in terms of only carrying pharma-grade.  "Elderly" lady?  C'mon, she's not that old ????  Actually she is one of the best pharmacists I've run into in Thailand; very knowledgeable and honest.  HOnestly, I don;t know of a better pharmacy in Chiang Mai, but if they are not stocking Testosterone yet, I'd be real interested in finding a trustworthy alternative pharmacy in town.  Anybody have suggestions??

Probably good advice to carry Rx when travelling (even though no Rx for Test is actually required in Thailand).  My doctor in Chiang Mai gave me one which I keep in my passport when I travel to USA.  I'm driving up to Chiang Mai, not flying, but still a good idea to have it with me I guess.  You never know if you'll run into a cop with a desire to supplement his retirement fund.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

Why not just phone Peera Pharmacy and ask?

17 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

LOL...I think you have me confused with somebody else, though my mother is indeed a fantastic lady ????

Weren't you the guy on about veg food, ed visas and combat schools?  Why do I recall your mother being with you and helping you with all that?

Peera Pharmacy is just starting on an expansion into the open shop next door and may very well be closed next month when the OP arrives.  The excellent pharmacist who runs the place recommended that we purchase a three month supply of our meds to be certain to have everything we need during the remodeling.  The expansion is suppose to take just a couple months, at most, but we all know how these projects have a way of dragging on in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

Peera Pharmacy is just starting on an expansion into the open shop next door and may very well be closed next month when the OP arrives.  The excellent pharmacist who runs the place recommended that we purchase a three month supply of our meds to be certain to have everything we need during the remodeling.  The expansion is suppose to take just a couple months, at most, but we all know how these projects have a way of dragging on in Thailand.

Thanks Nancy but is the pharmacist old or not and did you get your testosterone?

Enjoy your Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Thanks for the heads-up Nancy!

On 10/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, WaveHunter said:

I hope you're not talking about anything but undecanoate (i.e.: Claris Jatenzo) since there are many "testosterone" capsules on the market that are simply scams.  Only undecanoate has been approved by FDA as an oral form of testosterone for TRT. 

Personally, I'm not really into oral delivery since it can have possible negative effects on the liver in the long term.  Further, it has to be taken three times daily in order to be effective, and even then it has an uncertain absorption pattern which results in peaks and valleys of serum testosterone levels throughout the day. 

Just my humble opinion but injection of enanthate or cypionate forms seems much more effective and safer.  Just something to consider.

ur exactly right, my doctor in the US said there were three acceptable t treatments, that needed to be monitored and adjusted because of the potential side effects and an oral capsule was NOT among the options--the options were injection, gel-rubbed on, and small capsules embedded in the lower buttocks which are then absorbed into the body--the most popular are, of course, the injection and jel.

2 hours ago, SammyJ said:

ur exactly right, my doctor in the US said there were three acceptable t treatments, that needed to be monitored and adjusted because of the potential side effects and an oral capsule was NOT among the options--the options were injection, gel-rubbed on, and small capsules embedded in the lower buttocks which are then absorbed into the body--the most popular are, of course, the injection and jel.

Just to be accurate, oral Testosterone became a viable option earlier this year BUT only the FDA-approved undecanoate form (i.e.: Claris Jatenzo).  See https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/fda-clarus-jatenzo-testosterone-replacement-therapy-hypogonadism/ 

My opinion (and that of my doctor) is that the injectable route is still far superior to oral (and transdermal) for reasons I already outlined before. That's just my personal view.  Best to consult with a knowledgeable physician to help a person decide if TRT is even a good fit, and if it is, what form is best for a person's situation.  I underscore the word "knowledgeable" because many physicians are very poorly informed when it comes to TRT, or just out to make a buck.  I know that may sound cynical, but it's true.

Also, just want to add, for anyone considering self-medication...Even though no prescription is required here in Thailand, that would be a very unwise move no matter how well informed you think you might be.  Serious health issues can arise from improper TRT administration and monitoring, and some can have long-term irreversible consequences. 

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 5:24 PM, hyku1147 said:

'Tim's' Pharmacy, Which is owned by said "elderly lady", is in Pattaya, and it is the 'go to' place.

Identical 10 CC bottles of Test E are 1100 baht at Tims, and 1600 baht at the pharmacy a few shops down from Peera.

My mistake, I was thinking of the lady owner at Peera in Chiang Mai, but the lady at Tim's isn't that old either, certainly not elderly.  Furthermore, the owner is actually a family; there are at least 3 family member that run the place, and they are all very knowledgeable pharmacists, and very friendly people.  It's always been a pleasure doing business with them all.

I wasn't aware that Tim's or Peera sold bottled Test (vials with rubber tops); only one-use ampules (break off the glass top type).  Are you sure about that?  I've asked both on more than one occasion, and they both said they do not carry vials, only ampules.

If you got it, what was brand?

Edited by WaveHunter

19 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

I was shown an 1100 baht 10ML vial 11 days ago - at Tims. All I can say is that my gym bros have been buying 10ML test e vials from from Tims for years, and I have never heard them complain.

The Pharmacy that is a few doors down from Peera sells 10ML vials.

I am blessed with naturally high test, so I rarely supplement.

Cheers.

You do not know brand name?

Science turns me on.

There's a new book review in Nature (peer-reviewed):

clickee: Testosterone: An Unauthorized Biography Rebecca M. Jordan-Young, Katrina Karkazis Harvard University Press (2019)

Anthropologist Katrina Karkazis and sociomedical scientist Rebecca Jordan-Young did not write Testosterone to rehash familiar tales of wacky hormone experiments of yore, although this is one of a few that they include. Their contention is that many testosterone researchers — then and now, and intentionally or not — interpret data with blinkers on. When the facts do not fit the paradigm, the authors argue, findings are moulded into flawed dogma. Karkazis and Jordan-Young strive to comprehend how scientific practice around testosterone unfolds, and explore how the results “circulate and morph in the world”.

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2019 at 5:37 PM, hyku1147 said:

Medi Tech Test E.

Just to be clear, MediTech is an underground lab.  I'm not saying their products are good or bad but it is not a true medical-grade product made by a recognized pharmaceutical company .  It is marketed mainly to the bodybuilding community.  Worse, because it is one of the more popular underground brands, there are a lot of fakes on the market.  MediTech does have a website and they publish lab tests for all of their products but who's to say whether or not these tests are legitimate.  You can check them out at http://meditechpharmaceutical.net/index.php.  All I'm saying is "buyer beware".

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

For anyone curious, Peera has now re-opened in their vastly expanded storefront (same location), and no they still are not stocking testosterone unfortunately.  Not sure if this is helpful to anyone but pharma-grade testosterone is readily available in Pattaya pharmacies at reasonable cost (see posts on ThaiVisa for "Tim's Pharmacy" there. )

Edited by WaveHunter

On 1/21/2020 at 1:56 PM, WaveHunter said:

For anyone curious, Peera has now re-opened in their vastly expanded storefront (same location), and no they still are not stocking testosterone unfortunately.  Not sure if this is helpful to anyone but pharma-grade testosterone is readily available in Pattaya pharmacies at reasonable cost (see posts on ThaiVisa for "Tim's Pharmacy" there. )

I have driven around the entire metro chiang mai area, gone into all pharma choice branches and dozens of other pharmacies. It's always no have testoviron or anything else. nothing injectable.  I think pharmacy grade testosterone is over in chiang mai as of 2020.