Retirement extension, wife on dependent extension won't be in country at that time

When I renew my retirement extension in CM in a couple of months, my wife, who is on an extension as my dependent, will most likely be out of the country.

She will be back a couple of months later. Can anyone tell me the process for something like that? Can she come in on a Visa Exempt and we head down to Immi and add her? Or will it be an ordeal?

Many thanks

She will need to get a single entry non-o visa prior to entering the country to apply for the extension.

Immigration does not issue non immigrant visas (category O) for family members of persons on extension of stay based upon retirement.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

She will need to get a single entry non-o visa prior to entering the country to apply for the extension.

Immigration does not issue non immigrant visas (category O) for family members of persons on extension of stay based upon retirement.

Won't his wife lose dependent status if she is not here when he does his extension?

50 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Won't his wife lose dependent status if she is not here when he does his extension?

Her extension will end when he applies for his extension. If she is not here to apply  for new one it will certainly end.

That is why I wrote she would need a non-o visa so she could apply for an extension that will end when his new one ends.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Her extension will end when he applies for his extension. If she is not here to apply  for new one it will certainly end.

That is why I wrote she would need a non-o visa so she could apply for an extension that will end when his new one ends.

Okay... just to be clear... my wife will need to obtain a new Non-O from a Thai embassy or consulate before she comes back to Thailand, and with this non-o she may be granted an extension based on being my dependent valid to the date my extension ends? At that point we can both apply for another extension as we have been doing for the past 6 years? May I ask what she will need as documents to be able to obtain a new Non-O? Thank you.

9 minutes ago, kilt said:

Okay... just to be clear... my wife will need to obtain a new Non-O from a Thai embassy or consulate before she comes back to Thailand, and with this non-o she may be granted an extension based on being my dependent valid to the date my extension ends? At that point we can both apply for another extension as we have been doing for the past 6 years? May I ask what she will need as documents to be able to obtain a new Non-O? Thank you.

Yes she must have a non-o visa when she enters the country.  If not she would need to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to get one after arriving.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa she would apply for her extension. It will be valid to the date your new extension you got while she is out of the country. Then she would apply for new one when your do your next extension.

For the non-o visa application she will need your marriage certificate  plus copies of your passport photo page and your new extension of stay stamp signed by you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes she must have a non-o visa when she enters the country.  If not she would need to go to a nearby embassy or consulate to get one after arriving.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the non-o visa she would apply for her extension. It will be valid to the date your new extension you got while she is out of the country. Then she would apply for new one when your do your next extension.

For the non-o visa application she will need your marriage certificate  plus copies of your passport photo page and your new extension of stay stamp signed by you.

Thank you very much.

Last questions: She will be in her home country (Canada). Can she apply for the Non-O at an honorary consulate? The stated reason for the application would be to visit husband... or what? 

10 minutes ago, kilt said:

Last questions: She will be in her home country (Canada). Can she apply for the Non-O at an honorary consulate?

Yes

10 minutes ago, kilt said:

The stated reason for the application would be to visit husband... or what? 

That would be ok or to stay with family as it says on some websites.

I was in a similar situation last year. My wife applied for a 90 day Non O visa at the Thai Embassy in her home country. They said they can't issue her with a Non O visa she must apply at her local Immigration office in Thailand.

Jomtien said they could issue a 90 day Non O but she would need 800,000 THB in her bank account 2 months prior to applying for a ! year extension of stay based on retirement.

11 hours ago, eddi said:

They said they can't issue her with a Non O visa she must apply at her local Immigration office in Thailand.

They were certainly wrong and should of issued her the visa. Immigration does not issue non immigrant visas on that basis.

Did you go out to a nearby embassy or consulate to get one for her?

No. She applied for a 90 day Non O in Jomtien and received it.

I had previously gone the same route when my 1 year extension expired.

Note:

We had both returned to Thailand after the expiry date of our 1 year extn. of stay based on retirement but I was the first to return so we both had to start again from scratch.

Correct.

Last year they would not let her piggyback on my extension so she had to apply independently for a 1 year extension.

Her 1 year extension expires in February 2020 but this week we jointly applied for a 1 year  extension and they let her piggyback on mine once again with the same expiry date of November 2020.