Living here. When was the last time you went to WS?

bkk6060

Someone asked me to go the other day.

I realized I had not been for quite some time.

When I use to come on holiday or first moved here, yes.

I do not even think about it.  As a place to go hang out, eat, drink or meet girls any longer.

I have a steady list of girls I see do not need to hit the clubs for female company.

Not much into bars, got a little bored with the Gogo's, and the last 2 times I ate on WS I got food poisoning ( that was a few years back).

So, it may just be me.  Usually pretty earlier to sleep, early wakeup now got to make my tee time.

Anyway, I guess I could check it out just not motivated so have no idea if it has changed for the better or worse. 

Have a friend coming in February so will probably wait till then and find out.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Lungstib said:

Been living here 32 years and still never visited Pattaya let alone a certain street. Note; I had to read the other comments to find out what WS stood for. Have I missed anything?

Obviously you only came for the Temples, right?

Twice in the past 15 years, just to check the box.  Things and people change over time, of course, but I just didn't care for the vibe anymore.  We didn't stay long.

With the exception of restaurants and some shopping venues, I prefer hanging out over on the The Dark Side. :ph34r:

Not being a WS regular in the past when I lived there I always will remember the jacuzzi bar, also one upstairs bar that had a glass ceiling and they would lay foam down and the the girls would swim across...all very exciting.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I walked half way through 5 or 6 nights ago.. 

I walk home by way of walking street 3-4 times a month.  Early though 9-10

Fun to watch people and watch kids watching the Turkish ice cream guy do his show

Sometimes "talk" with girls outside the go go's trying to lure you in, usually one or two will be friendly.  Ladyboys in groups I avoid as can be "overly" friendly. 555 

Some good bands still play at few of the bars there.  

15 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Been living here 32 years and still never visited Pattaya let alone a certain street. Note; I had to read the other comments to find out what WS stood for. Have I missed anything?

I always say you can't experience anything reading about it. Doesn't suit everyone, others love it. People who waffle on about how awful the place is yet never go there are rather full of it.

I live fairly close so go quite often. In happy hours it is cheaper to drink there than in most bars. eg Jack/coke 80 baht. Plus there is some pleasant scenery to watch while you drink. Would not even think about paying the ridiculous prices for a lady there though.

19 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Me too, took me a while to figure out what/where 'WS' was. Clearly you and I are out of the loop on the latest Patts slang. When I realised, I lost interest in the post. 

7 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Me too, took me a while to figure out what/where 'WS' was. Clearly you and I are out of the loop on the latest Patts slang. When I realised, I lost interest in the post. 

Yep, me too ! 

Been here 14 yrs and only ever been there once to show the wife, I or we, had never been to Pattaya before, and wanted to see what goes on, made interesting people watching. Never been back there, but have visited other areas in Pattaya region.

20 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Not just me then.  I too wondered where on earth WS was , WA is on the left of Australia I know that.

21 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Have I missed anything?

Yes, your inability to offer anything of value re the topic of the thread; but still decided to post ... to show your self awarded moral superiority no doubt  :coffee1:

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Yep, me too ! 

Been here 14 yrs and only ever been there once to show the wife, I or we, had never been to Pattaya before, and wanted to see what goes on, made interesting people watching. Never been back there, but have visited other areas in Pattaya region.

Every foreigner with a Thai wife should take their missus to Pattaya one time.

She needs to see her competition.  ????

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Every foreigner with a Thai wife should take their missus to Pattaya one time.

She needs to see the competition.  ????

If that was required just look around in any bank, office, or shopping mall !

Attractive Thai females everywhere, but beauty is often just skin deep and the real beauty lies within.Judging a book by the cover springs to mind. ????

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

If that was required just look around in any bank, office, or shopping mall !

Attractive Thai females everywhere, but beauty is often just skin deep and the real beauty lies within.Judging a book by the cover springs to mind. ????

True, often the cover is really attractive,  but the book turns out to be very boring?  Mind you, I have come across some 'books' with dreadful covers and still exceedingly boring inside as well.   

12 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

True, often the cover is really attractive,  but the book turns out to be very boring?  Mind you, I have come across some 'books' with dreadful covers and still exceedingly boring inside as well.   

Don’t forget the occasional book with a shabby cover that revealed truly wondrous contents.

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

I live fairly close so go quite often. In happy hours it is cheaper to drink there than in most bars. eg Jack/coke 80 baht. Plus there is some pleasant scenery to watch while you drink. Would not even think about paying the ridiculous prices for a lady there though.

i drop in for happy hour once and again, cheap drinks, good people watching. some places have decent rock cover live bands.
never go into enclosed gogo bars or clubs though. feels like patong, like i'd get ripped off.

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Luck of the draw, Sir.  ????

Sometimes it takes an experienced eye to anticipate the contents....

If you can see the inside by looking at the outside, you have a rare talent!

I have to admit I had to read the first post to get an idea about WS. Is that name of the street in which people walk at night banned on TV?

I wasn't in Pattaya for a long time so I wasn't in WS.

I live in Bangkok and for many years I didn't go to the street with P in Silom area because we all know that is for shopping for tourists. But then one night, I don't remember the reason, I had another look there. And I was positively surprised. A couple of bars with lots of pretty girls - that's not what I expected.

So it seems from time to time it's ok to have another look. Just in case things change to the better.

Archived