BANGKOK
bkk6060

Living here. When was the last time you went to WS?

Someone asked me to go the other day.

I realized I had not been for quite some time.

When I use to come on holiday or first moved here, yes.

I do not even think about it.  As a place to go hang out, eat, drink or meet girls any longer.

I have a steady list of girls I see do not need to hit the clubs for female company.

Not much into bars, got a little bored with the Gogo's, and the last 2 times I ate on WS I got food poisoning ( that was a few years back).

So, it may just be me.  Usually pretty earlier to sleep, early wakeup now got to make my tee time.

Anyway, I guess I could check it out just not motivated so have no idea if it has changed for the better or worse. 

Have a friend coming in February so will probably wait till then and find out.

• Like 1

I walk it once or twice a month as a way from Point A to Point B but the only business I frequent there is Boots Pharmacy. You need to watch out for the large Chinese tour groups, they do not yield. 

• Like 1

I drive down it quite regularly (during the day) but haven't walked there for about 6 years.

Twice in the past 15 years, just to check the box.  Things and people change over time, of course, but I just didn't care for the vibe anymore.  We didn't stay long.

With the exception of restaurants and some shopping venues, I prefer hanging out over on the The Dark Side. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Not being a WS regular in the past when I lived there I always will remember the jacuzzi bar, also one upstairs bar that had a glass ceiling and they would lay foam down and the the girls would swim across...all very exciting.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

My last time on WS was in the morning, no I wasn't leaving WS, just out for a stroll. Kind of neat to see in the light of day, how it's really nothing special.

• Like 2

Went once when we first arrived 9 years ago.  Have not been back except to drive thru a couple of times during the day.  

I live fairly close so go quite often. In happy hours it is cheaper to drink there than in most bars. eg Jack/coke 80 baht. Plus there is some pleasant scenery to watch while you drink. Would not even think about paying the ridiculous prices for a lady there though.

• Like 2