Living here. When was the last time you went to WS?

bkk6060

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

True, often the cover is really attractive,  but the book turns out to be very boring?  Mind you, I have come across some 'books' with dreadful covers and still exceedingly boring inside as well.   

I got one of those books from WS one night.

The cover was awesome. 
Unfortunately I can’t read the pages because they are stuck together!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

I got one of those books from WS one night.

The cover was awesome. 
Unfortunately I can’t read the pages because they are stuck together!

well you should buy your own and not use lending facilities.  The best books are always those you own yourself and treasure. 

Maybe I can consider myself lucky in a way to have popped my WS cherry when I was a lot younger, 18-21 y/o.  Just getting there was an adventure. 

No airports, rental cars, pre-arranged hotel reservations.  No cell phones, internet or Google searches that make you feel like you've been there before you've left home.

Approaching from the sea, rode a larger "cattle boat" in as far as the tide allowed, wobbly transfer to a loud as he11 needleboat to get in closer before the keel hit sandy bottom, boat listed, and over the side we went, packs and mesh laundry bags slung across backs as we waded ashore toward a palm tree backed, nearly white sand beach; under the watchful, and no doubt practiced, eyes of Thais assembled in loose knots along Beach Rd. 

WS was off to the right, a cocophony of Milli Vanilli and Billy Idol's "Money Money (Moan-E- Moanknee)".  Gawd, it was horrible and awesome, intimidating and alluring, more alien yet felt slightly more organized, and cleaner, than the P.I.  

Later though.....  For now, my mate and I made our way up off the beach, ignored the prevailing wind and tide and did a hard turn to Port instead of STBD, and it wasn't long before a couple nymphs came alongside, like small boats at a floating market - in retrospect, they be freelancers of course, dressed down in shorts, t-shirts and sandals.

No talk about money, they interlocked arms and performed their unsaid but understood duty as our Google Guides and translators, organizing transport, a place to toss our stuff and crash for a few days, some chow and a few cold beers in the room fridge to start.  Ahhhh, ok, we're all set!  Sure, they had an end-game in mind but it was a fair trade, and we obliged, then cut them loose later that evening without any squabbles or drama requiring police intervention.  Rather, smiles and exotic looking hand gestures and thanks in a sweet yet, at the time, unintelligible jibbersh language.

And then we navigated back down the coast, craning necks out of a tuk tuk or songtheaw, the dome of lights and competing noise pollution getting louder and nearer, sucking us in, like a black hole.

32 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

well you should buy your own and not use lending facilities.  The best books are always those you own yourself and treasure. 

He he nice one and very true.

Although, it’s good to hand it back and read another one. I like the trilogies ????

Last time for me was around Christmas but I didn't enjoy it. Rammed with tourists gawping, not drinking or seeming to be having fun.

I used to be quite a regular there when TQ2 was open, but since then there's not too much which appeals to me there...

Now I have a wife, it's not exactly easy to visit ! Least for not I would really like to visit it for.

We seem to do WS now - and soi 6  - only when the relatives come to stay - which is about once a year.

If I was not married, had money, the energy of youth, I'd probably go every night and wake up with another Donald duck looking women after too many beers

Went nightly for 8 years, even had my own table at one of the clubs.

After  8 years of  the same thing every single night with the same females and same music what got to me and made me stop was girls that have been sitting on the same table next to me for the whole 8 years still asking me where you come from and if i live here.

I watched them grow from amateurs into professionals????

This is when i realized i could no longer do it as stupidity would have killed me.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

After  8 years of  the same thing every single night with the same females and same music what got to me and made me stop was girls that have been sitting on the same table next to me for the whole 8 years still asking me where you come from and if i live here.

This is when i realized i could no longer do it as stupidity would have killed me.

bingo

16 hours ago, fhickson said:

never go into enclosed gogo bars or clubs though. feels like patong, like i'd get ripped off.

Actually that is one advantage over that area... Pattaya doesn't have the rip-off coercion places. The regular prices are bad enough! Nearest is the guide taking you to a 'special show', they might tell you it is a few hundred entrance including 1 drink.... he is pocketing the difference. 

Several posters have said they did not know what "WS" stood for, until they read some replies. 

I don't want to hijack the thread, but no point starting a thread for just a quick question.

What does the "LK" stand for in LK Metro?  Is it Lengkee?

On 10/20/2019 at 7:21 PM, BestB said:

Wow. Own table.

So, they not remember you, even you go 2500+ times. With own table!

why you think that happen. 

How much money you use there? 2,500 x 2000 baht= 5 million

Amazing. Funny. Expensive table.

8 years you realize? Same time as uni degree to be the doctor.

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Wow. Own table.

So, they not remember you, even you go 2500+ times. With own table!

why you think that happen. 

How much money you use there? 2,500 x 2000 baht= 5 million

Amazing. Funny. Expensive table.

8 years you realize? Same time as uni degree to be the doctor.

If you were trying to be funny, i suggest to further your education a little more, better yet get a clue before posting something you clearly know nothing about.

Perhaps it is circle of your friends who enjoy drinking at 7-11, 

23 hours ago, Leaver said:

Several posters have said they did not know what "WS" stood for, until they read some replies. 

I don't want to hijack the thread, but no point starting a thread for just a quick question.

What does the "LK" stand for in LK Metro?  Is it Lengkee?

No takers on this?

27 minutes ago, Leaver said:

No takers on this?

I thought it was a joke. But if not, then yes Lengkee as entire block and more is built and in many cases still

owned by them, just look at all the balcony railings , all have LK in it

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:28 AM, Lungstib said:

Been living here 32 years and still never visited Pattaya let alone a certain street. Note; I had to read the other comments to find out what WS stood for. Have I missed anything?

Acronyms are very popular these days but only useful if the "reader" understands what the "writer" is referring to. Like you, at first I did not know but decided, read on and you'll find the answer to the "acronymical" puzzle. OWROTFA.

19 minutes ago, BestB said:

I thought it was a joke. But if not, then yes Lengkee as entire block and more is built and in many cases still

owned by them, just look at all the balcony railings , all have LK in it

Thought as much.  Just needed confirmation. 

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 4:52 AM, 55Jay said:

Maybe I can consider myself lucky in a way to have popped my WS cherry when I was a lot younger, 18-21 y/o.  Just getting there was an adventure. 

And then we navigated back down the coast, craning necks out of a tuk tuk or songtheaw, the dome of lights and competing noise pollution getting louder and nearer, sucking us in, like a black hole.

Good story. Thanks.

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No chairs, just a table, he was a dancer. 

He where the sexy Jack Daniels singlet. 

There for 8 years every night. But nobody remember.

ps Thankyou. Very funny joke, laugh so much! Really 555555555

Archived