Living here. When was the last time you went to WS?

bkk6060

16 hours ago, Yinn said:

Wow. Own table.

So, they not remember you, even you go 2500+ times. With own table!

why you think that happen. 

How much money you use there? 2,500 x 2000 baht= 5 million

Amazing. Funny. Expensive table.

8 years you realize? Same time as uni degree to be the doctor.

Post of the year!  Brilliant!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went there about 2 months ago and had a good night out until I stepped into a hole in the dark walking home and broke my shoulder. (Wasn't even slightly drunk!)  Won't be back any time soon.

I've been there several times this year, the Boots pharmacy is the easiest one I know to get to, I can just step off my bike and in the door.

At night though, once this year; a mate was organising a bit of a bar crawl.  That'll do me for the year.

Even 10 years ago, I loved the place, now though, it's all overpriced beer, overpriced girls who think they are the bees knees - look luv, you're selling pussy for a living, not auditioning for a job in Hollywood, you're not doing ME a favour, I'm doing YOU a favour.  Next.

Was holidaying in Pattaya last year, stayed at Nong Klua or something like that, the other end of walking street and couldn't be bothered going that way.

So the last time would have been with mates was years ago, suffice to say was at Phuket just last week from a return trip overseas, stayed for 7 nights and Bangla Road or (Walking Street) as they now also refer to it, has changed a lot, did a short stint with the wife one night and after 13 years of visiting that place, it is definitely the visit.

More touts than tourists on Bangla Road, and more smoking taxi drivers than tourists on every corner.

Finding a pretty girl there was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Did notice that they repaved some footpaths were some new developments recently went up opposite Novotel Vintage Park, and even had holes in sections that you could snap an ankle bone in quiet easily, I suppose just to match it up with the rest of the footpaths of Patong.

The beach was putrite with all the storm water and gutter run offs, however have never swam there since 2006 after I got sick from the swim.

Pattaya and Phuket are both off of my list of holiday destinations, and on are Hua Hin and Chiang Mai, the latter when there is no smoke of course. 

used to enjoy a bit of fun there but now DON'T GO anymore !!  Trying to dodge the Chinese tour groups , not particularly enamoured toward Indian food ,clubs or music , avoiding the uneven pavements and holes , getting ripped off with price of a drink and possibility of getting robbed -  it's gone DOWNHILL !!!   

On 10/21/2019 at 3:24 AM, Leaver said:

Several posters have said they did not know what "WS" stood for, until they read some replies. 

I don't want to hijack the thread, but no point starting a thread for just a quick question.

What does the "LK" stand for in LK Metro?  Is it Lengkee?

Yes.  Wherever you see the LK logo in Patts there is a strong connection with, or usually ownership by the very wealthy Thai-Chinese Lenkee family,

As for WS, even as a regular visitor to Patts, the only time I bother with it is if friends want to go, usually newbies who ask me to be their "tour guide" for an evening.

One visit there usually convinces me that it's become very overpriced and somewhat unfriendly. Years ago it was great fun....IMO.

Also IMO there are far better options in Patts for whatever I want, most of which isn't allowed to be discussed on TV ????????

On 10/19/2019 at 1:01 PM, Jingthing said:

I walk it once or twice a month as a way from Point A to Point B but the only business I frequent there is Boots Pharmacy. You need to watch out for the large Chinese tour groups, they do not yield. 

Think its mostly for tourist .been there years ago ok for young uns????

On 10/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, IvorLott said:

Obviously you only came for the Temples, right?

On 10/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, IvorLott said:

Obviously you only came for the Temples, right?

Same as you Ivor never been to Pattaya, bars and hookers are not a big interest of mine as this country has a lot more to offer.

18 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

Same as you Ivor never been to Pattaya, bars and hookers are not a big interest of mine as this country has a lot more to offer.

Never been to Pattaya but hangs out on a Pattaya thread! Says it all really. Too scared to visit the real place! 555

On 10/20/2019 at 4:26 AM, Pilotman said:

Me too, took me a while to figure out what/where 'WS' was. Clearly you and I are out of the loop on the latest Patts slang. When I realised, I lost interest in the post. 

20 or more years is not the latest slang. You no doubt are too posh to know about one of the major tourist attractions,  entertainment zones, bar zone, club zone, shopping zone, restaurant zone in Pattaya.   And if you cant cognitively link WS in Pattaya to W alking

S treet in Pattaya you are  not just lacking deductive reasoning power but just simply out of touch and the sad thing is you probably think you are superior to other people due to your ignorance!

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

20 or more years is not the latest slang. You no doubt are too posh to know about one of the major tourist attractions,  entertainment zones, bar zone, club zone, shopping zone, restaurant zone in Pattaya.   And if you cant cognitively link WS in Pattaya to W alking

S treet in Pattaya you are  not just lacking deductive reasoning power but just simply out of touch and the sad thing is you probably think you are superior to other people due to your ignorance!

My my, you have got in a tiss, over what I'm not so surer, unless you are feeling rather close minded.  Not everyone of intelligence knows about Pattaya, Walking Street or any other Street in that City.  In  fact the vast majority of the World's peoples know nothing about Pattaya, or any street in it, indeed many on this forum know little to nothing of Pattaya, so please don't be so dismissive and patronising.    

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Once a week or once a fortnight.  There is usually some fun to be had. I find those people who 'never go to Walking Street' to be joyless, bitter bores with a gloomy disposition. Often tight fisted.

Oi!   I resemble that remark mate! ????

But seriously, I just think there are better options these days - if I want to visit a GoGo I prefer LK Metro.  (I was going to WS long before LK even existed!)

I find the atmosphere more enjoyable....that's very subjective of course. As ever....YMMV ????

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

In  fact the vast majority of the World's peoples know nothing about Pattaya, or any street in it, indeed many on this forum know little to nothing of Pattaya, so please don't be so dismissive and patronising.

The vast majority of the world's people aren't posting in a Pattaya thread. Anyone that's flown into Thailand in the past 12 months or so would have seen WS on the inflight video that highlights Pattaya as a world class family tourist resort   :coffee1:

22 minutes ago, Salerno said:

The vast majority of the world's people aren't posting in a Pattaya thread. Anyone that's flown into Thailand in the past 12 months or so would have seen WS on the inflight video that highlights Pattaya as a world class family tourist resort   :coffee1:

I have 'flown into Thailand' 3 times in the last 12 months and not once have I seen an in=flight video promoting Thailand, never mind Pattaya and as for it being promoted as a 'world class family resort', I don't think Walking Street adds anything to that laughable and frankly idiotic description of the place. 

On 10/24/2019 at 5:02 AM, Pilotman said:

My my, you have got in a tiss, over what I'm not so surer, unless you are feeling rather close minded.  Not everyone of intelligence knows about Pattaya, Walking Street or any other Street in that City.  In  fact the vast majority of the World's peoples know nothing about Pattaya, or any street in it, indeed many on this forum know little to nothing of Pattaya, so please don't be so dismissive and patronising.    

On 10/24/2019 at 10:31 AM, Pilotman said:

I have 'flown into Thailand' 3 times in the last 12 months and not once have I seen an in=flight video promoting Thailand, never mind Pattaya and as for it being promoted as a 'world class family resort', I don't think Walking Street adds anything to that laughable and frankly idiotic description of the place. 

Last time I walked through W.S., there was a tour leader organising her Chinese party for a group photo.

They were gathered outside the bar that has an aviation theme -mixing  with the  girls  that wear very  skimpy versions of cabin staff uniforms.

There were quite a lot of children in the party. I am sure their Grandads  will enjoy viewing their holiday  snaps  when they get home..

Archived