International lifesaving chief speaks out on Phuket lifeguards

rooster59

International lifesaving chief speaks out on Phuket lifeguards

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1571382437_1-org.jpg

International Life Saving Federation President Graham Ford AM speaks at the World Conference on Drowning Prevention in Durban, South Africa, earlier this month. Photo: Anthony Grote

PHUKET: International Life Saving Federation President Graham Ford AM has called for Phuket’s lifeguards to be trained to international standard, for more to be done to ensure tourists are aware of the danger of drowning at Phuket’s beaches and for local authorities to make the provision of trained, qualified lifeguards a priority.

As ILS President, Mr Ford heads an organisation which represents 130 countries and has 30 million lifesaving members worldwide.

Speaking to The Phuket News at the World Conference on Drowning Prevention held in Durban, South Africa, earlier this month, Mr Ford explained that the role of professional lifeguards encompassed more than most people appreciated.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/international-lifesaving-chief-speaks-out-on-phuket-lifeguards-73277.php#XcF0SStIpiRdF78u.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-19

49 minutes ago, buanmeerugsaa said:

Hmmmm. Raising Phuket lifesavers to an international standard?

That might require receiving advice from a foreigner. 

I thought that was a no-no in Thailand. 

Listening to others has never been a no-no.

Actually doing what is suggested, no matter how reasonable, is still a no-no.

21 hours ago, the guest said:

Thais listening to foreigners, that's a definite no-no !

I tried in a very nice and delicate way explain to a thai about driving with his right foot on the gas pedal and left foot on the brake pedal (auto) qhe replied because his legs are short it is more comfortable and also that he can stop quicker as his foot is already on the pedal!!  He dropped me off and i watched him go up the road brake lights flashing all the way until out of sight, well i tried.

Archived