Confirmation of my address

chado

How can I get a confirmation of my address in Cambodia? The more official it looks, the better.  With a tourist visa.

Is there a procedure akin to one in Thailand where I could to the immigration ask them for such a document?

37 minutes ago, dafniusDuckus said:

if your rent receipt doesnt do it try taking it along to http://news.gdi.gov.kh/

map at site

number 1 bus goes there you can see it from the road 

also try bank account statement

I need a concreate information.  "Try to go somewhere, may be they'll help you" isn't what I'm looking for.

What bank? Why do you assume I have a bank account in Cambodia?

As far as I know Cambodian immigration does not issue residency certificates. Local government iffices might but it depends

Likewise some Embassies might (for their nationals) but again it depends.

To be able to help you one would really need to know:

1 - what you need it for/who you will submit it to and what exactly this entity has said they will accept as proof.

2. Where you reside -- not the address but the situation i.e. rental, hotel, guest house etc.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

1 - what you need it for/who you will submit it to and what exactly this entity has said they will accept as proof.

2. Where you reside -- not the address but the situation i.e. rental, hotel, guest house etc.

1. anything that looks more or less official will do

2. guest house/hotel

Ok, I'll ask my embassy.

You still haven't said whi/what it is for and that does make a difference.

I think your options are:

1. Get a letter from your hotel/guest house and bring it to your Embassy.

If US they will not certify you stay there but might issue a "statuatory declaration" which is basically a sworn statement by you that they witness. Australia might be the same. Dt know about the others.

2. Get a letter from the hotel and have it notarized. Google notary public Phnom Penh. Most law firms have one. Will yield an impressive looking stamp.

Be prepared for charges in the $50 range with either approach.

Thanks.

As I've said - any type of address confirmation will do, as long as it looks legitimate and more or less official. That is, what I need it for is irrelevant.

1. Ok.

2. Ok. But there're no notary publics in Cambodia, nor in SE Asia either. There're simple or local, or whatever they're called, notary services.

That should work as well.

Thanks.

As I've said - any type of address confirmation will do, as long as it looks legitimate and more or less official. That is, what I need it for is irrelevant.

1. Ok.

2. Ok. But there're no notary publics in Cambodia, nor in SE Asia either. There're simple or local, or whatever they're called, notary services.
That should work as well.
There are notary services, I've used them and they have impressive looking seals that they affix after you sign something in their presence. Now technically should have them witness the hotel's signature but that may be hard to arrange.

Most Embassies also notarize things for their nationals. Again, doesn't really make much sense to notarize your signature at the bottom of a letter from the hotel but if you are sure all that is needed is official appearsnce then it may do the trick.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived