Busiest days at Savannakhet???

I remember in a previous post that Savannakhet is now getting some visa run mini buses. Obviously a good thing for the people in this nice sleepy town. I tend to make my own way up and stay two or three days while doing my visa. What are the best days to come when the mini buses don't arrive and the queues are more chilled? 

Monday and Thursday are the busy days. Tuesday is the best day to apply since there will not be a crowd of people picking up their passport on Wednesday.

Friday is ok if you don't mind waiting staying over the weekend to pick your passport on Monday afternoon.

I usually go up on the Monday and stay until the Wednesday afternoon. I will do the visa on the Tuesday. I take it the non o based on marriage - multi entry is still the same with no issues? I see there are flights via Pakse for $92 into Savan from BKK. Sounds OK to me and come back through Mukdahan which is another nice town.

Always bear in mind that the busy days can be different when public holidays are involved. A classic example is next week, when Wednesday is a holiday. Both Monday and Thursday will be awful. Applying on a Tuesday should be fine, as long as you appreciate the need to hang around until Thursday afternoon for your visa.