BANGKOK

Nice one. When you go next time it will be a lot faster now that you know what they want.

you can now celebrate with some free beers from your savings 🍺 

• Like 2

Thank you Lacessit I have often wondered what would happen if one stopped using an agent.  Naturally if you meet all the conditions you are paying only for convenience so it is natural for those who have lost the income to show you how inconvenient the process actually is. You were given a classic run-around and the reason seems obvious but it may also be because the person with whom you dealt took a dislike to you. 

• Like 2

The diy option, whilst obviously cheaper, brings up some different situations.

In my case, I got the bank letter and a 6 month statement ( 200 baht ) from BKK bank nearest the IO.

I also updated my bank book, something I rarely do ,and there was a big jump in the transfers and withdrawals etc, hence the statement came into play.

I had the usual copies of passport but the IO insisted on a copy of every page of my passport , plus , a copy of every page of my bank book !! ( thankfully they didn’t charge me )

I also had a copy of my gf’s ID and Tabian Baan ( as my landlord )requested, luckily I had these available.

Got a re-entry permit at the same time.

My passport was passed to the next desk for signing and after the IO had made another 3 copies of my passport (🥴) I was done.

It was all done in a friendly manner and only took quite a while because of a van load of visiting monks in front of me !!

Ayutthaya IO is a small friendly office and makes the whole process go smoothly and stress free.

If only they could cut down on the flagrant waste of copies !! ☹️