BANGKOK

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why? Agents are great option for folk eg unable to have 800k in bank. 

I attended CW Oct 8. Went to bank obtained bank letter and at same time made deposit to show activity. Imm has all the major banks. The rest was walk in the park. Arrived 11.40 got my que #, had meal 12-1pm. Home by 3.15 with 1 hr travel. As far as reentry permit, what's with obtain at imm. I get it at airport 10 mins. 

Agents are for folk without the criteria.

According to the French guy I spoke to, CW is easy compared to CM Immigration.

I did notice most of the work was done by female officers. The function of many male officers there seemed to be either strutting around, or interrupting the females with chit-chat.

One guy there with a microphone was delivering instructions in Thai and badly-accented English periodically. I'm sure most of the assembled populace wished he would shut up, because he was drowning out the calls to ticket numbers on a quieter circuit.

Agents are also for folk who want convenience, and that costs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Nice one. When you go next time it will be a lot faster now that you know what they want.

you can now celebrate with some free beers from your savings 🍺 

I celebrated with a beef tornedo and a small carafe of a decent house red at an Italian restaurant.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The point that seems to be missed is that if the immigration officer stretches discretion too far and gets caught, it is the agent's client who gets dropped in it with a voided visa.

Unlikely, especially if there are several palms getting greased.  IO boss discretion + his/her boss + his/her boss.   Usually it might temporarily stop or shift a bit when a new boss comes in.   I doubt the brown envelopes will 100% stop [permanently]

It does also depend on the office.  CM seems to have cleaned up their act to where you actually can attempt to do it yourself without having to queue from 04:00.  But even then, there is the issue of convenience.  Especially if you reside 80+km from the nearest office that accepts applications.   It's not just people who need certain [financial] requirements waived.

edit:  and the applications are actually getting processed.   It would be different if money was paid, but nothing was gained.

Edited by 4evermaat

The most important thing is to remember that there are "Agents and Agents".
Stay away from "low-cost-agents".
- With a good agent, no 800K will have to be deposited. Will also do your 90 day reports at no additional charge.
Make sure, that at least 1 staff-member speaks good English/or your native language.
Have good address in Pattaya (English/German). In business for decades. For details, can PM me.

• Haha 2

People using agents because they do not have the necessary money in the bank are setting themselves up for potential problems in the future. 800k is hardly a large amount and living on the breadline, which a lot of these jokers are, becomes a crisis if huge medical bills are needed to be paid. Unfortunately you cannot bribe the Doctors to use their discretion about paying them. What are the agent payers going to do when they bring in compulsory health insurance for extensions, more bribes and under the table dealings? Horrible way to extend your stay here, but the agents and IO's who are exploiting ex pats poverty or desperation are more than happy of course.

• Haha 1

Why? Agents are great option for folk eg unable to have 800k in bank. 

I attended CW Oct 8. Went to bank obtained bank letter and at same time made deposit to show activity. Imm has all the major banks. The rest was walk in the park. Arrived 11.40 got my que #, had meal 12-1pm. Home by 3.15 with 1 hr travel. As far as reentry permit, what's with obtain at imm. I get it at airport 10 mins. 

Agents are for folk without the criteria.

And for those with the criteria who just find it convenient and time saving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swissie said:

The most important thing is to remember that there are "Agents and Agents".
Stay away from "low-cost-agents".
- With a good agent, no 800K will have to be deposited. Will also do your 90 day reports at no additional charge.
Make sure, that at least 1 staff-member speaks good English/or your native language.
Have good address in Pattaya (English/German). In business for decades. For details, can PM me.

What is a "low-cost-agent"? From my understanding some of these higher cost agents are actually sending passports to these "lower" cost agents, and just making us pay the difference.

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

but the agents and IO's who are exploiting ex pats poverty or desperation

I'm guessing the view from the penthouse must be good