To use an agent or not?

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Although I might hazard a guess that you are deliberately avoiding mention of having to get into the queue at the entrance to get your ticket, which sometimes forces you out into the sun.  //

Never happened to me in the last 5+ years...

AFAIK queues happen only early morning, or in the very busy season around Christmas, because of tourists wanting extensions.

I always go there early afternoon and there is zero queue at the entrance.

Edited by Pattaya46

On 10/19/2019 at 7:43 PM, spiekerjozef said:

agent is the better option.

It's not. There are always some immigration offices with local  strange routines. But mostly they follow the official requirements. Just because the OP stays in CM, doesn't mean other immigration offices acts the same way. I did my last extension at Jomtien Immigration in less than 4 min, with correct documents according to their official list of requirements.

Why should I pay more than 1900 baht when I can do it myself totally hassle free? 

Lacessit

Thanks for the information. I will cut and paste, insert in Doc, save to ‘renewal folder’. I did my renewal this year and last, but who knows about the future. If the mob scene grows over this next year I can see hiring an agent. As I can get all the docs together myself, and as I am legal/legit with the money BOND in bank, it should not be an expensive proposition. Yet can save time and aggravation.

Aloha

I've had offers from a Visa agent who can assist with your extensions, 90 day reports etc, with money or without money in the bank. Their services can be used at CW or Pattaya. But if you are living in another province, ie Nonthaburi, are you running into extra problems using these agent services? 

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Never happened to me in the last 5+ years...

AFAIK queues happen only early morning, or in the very busy season around Christmas, because of tourists wanting extensions.

I always go there early afternoon and there is zero queue at the entrance.

Ones renewal date is when it is, mine gets close towards Christmas. Last year, during the panic when embassy letters were withdrawn it was often busy, the car park was full of people one day so I went away for an hour. I have never ever gone there in the last umpteen years without having some queue at the entrance. Early afternoon, ie 12.30 to 1.30 especially, as those who didn't make the morning run are there. You are attending Chonburi in Jomtiem?

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Chonburi in Jomtiem?

Yes.

Can't find my extension report from 2019  ?? but found this one from last year where I went in Jomtien Immigration in morning, in June :

"No queue at all. No-one waiting at the reception." :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Yes.

Can't find my extension report from 2019  ?? but found this one from last year where I went in Jomtien Immigration in morning, in June :

"No queue at all. No-one waiting at the reception." :thumbsup:

I live in hope for next month.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:28 AM, yodsak said:

Advertised on TVF.  And Google.   Must be legit ?  They would not advertise illegal services.

Or would they ?

149913673_ScreenShot2019-10-21at08_24_40.png.b20d8ca0bff562a21c9c6a346ad43b5b.png

The important part here is : "We provide the required funds" . 

It's been like this for 30 years, the agent will take care of everything.

So IMHO there is nothing to lose, just less stress for retired people. If I could choose between transferring 800k into a Thai bank or spend 15k yearly on a reliable agent, the agent wins every time. 

I prefer to keep my hard earned money in a foreign bank.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, balo said:

The important part here is : "We provide the required funds" . 

It's been like this for 30 years, the agent will take care of everything.

So IMHO there is nothing to lose, just less stress for retired people. If I could choose between transferring 800k into a Thai bank or spend 15k yearly on a reliable agent, the agent wins every time. 

I prefer to keep my hard earned money in a foreign bank.

The interest is better in thai banks compared to many banks overseas. So, I don't mind having a portion of my money in my thai bank account.

I prefer paying 1900 baht/year and for me, my annual extension is totally hassle free.

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The interest is better in thai banks compared to many banks overseas.

Not for me, I'm Norwegian. Anyway up to you, I want to invest and save money in my home country. 

• Like 1