Silver Spitfire

Dellboy218

36 minutes ago, alacrity said:

res

Really? Please expand upon your version of the color and your knowledge of why some WW2 spitfires were silver.

Noted you didn't comment on other discrepancies.

Ok, the Spitfire in question (and every other one) was aluminium, not silver.  Did I say anything about the colour?  No, I didn't!  Lighten up!

"Noted you didn't comment on other discrepancies".

That's because I didn't have enough power in my computer's battery, it only had 2 hours 14 minutes left!

That is the beauty of TVF, every thread turns soon to endless bickering far far away of the starting comment.

Why can you not just enjoy this historic beautiful plane and follow his way around the world, without trying to start WW 3 about nothing.

Well said.

That is the beauty of TVF, every thread turns soon to endless bickering far far away of the starting comment.

Why can you not just enjoy this historic beautiful plane and follow his way around the world, without trying to start WW 3 about nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

The Silver Spitfire is a Mk.IX Spitfire finished in polished aluminium with the guns removed.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Pity they removed the guns, I was going to ask if the pilot could use immigration for target practice while they were here. All whilst playing the British national anthem of course.

17 hours ago, alacrity said:

Doesn't say much for yours either. Having needed to ask the question in the first place.

I don't recall asking a question. In fact I did not ask a question, so I'm not sure what exactly you are on about. 

As for the Spitfire, I'm well aware of what one is, what amused me wha the hyperbole used to describe the previously unheard of Silver Spitfire and its heritage. 

16 hours ago, alacrity said:

res

Really? Please expand upon your version of the color and your knowledge of why some WW2 spitfires were silver.

Noted you didn't comment on other discrepancies.

And now he is bickering over trivia. Well done sir!

Archived