"Void without prejudice" stamp in Phnom Penh for second SETV—best available options?

(I was banned by mistake and was told by TVF staff to repost my thread since they couldn't reopen the previous one.)

I went to Phnom Penh to get a second SETV. My history is only one SETV obtained from my home country, and no VE.

I provided a ticket to outside the country, proof of funds and all other documentation. I received a "Void without prejudice" stamp. Also, above it there is another stamp saying "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently and for long durations using tourist visas" (I know, right).

I have an idea of some of the options I have, but am especially worried about the stamps. I'm a genuine tourist and have the funds to just relax, read and so on, and not have to work for multiple months (I was even offered to teach English multiple times, but refused and said I couldn't work with a tourist visa). I was planning on finding a job and a good school to teach long-term. All my belongings are in Thailand.

Right now I was thinking of doing a VE. Doing it at Poipet is a bad idea, so I bought a plane ticket to Bangkok via Don Meuang (will have funds, ticket outside the country). However, from reading threads, I'm now more worried about the void and denied stamp. I only have one SETV, so a thoughtful IO might let me in, seeing that I was really unlucky in Phnom Penh. Still risky, though.

What would be my best options? How bad are the stamps? Advice/suggestions (I'm all ears)?

Edited by TWWT
  • Like 2

So the embassy denied your 2nd SETV application? And stamped your old SETV denied w/o prejudice? Or did you get the second SETV and it was denied at the border?

Could you please post a picture of the stamps?

Edited by La Migra

3 minutes ago, La Migra said:

Or did you get the second SETV and it was denied at the border?

Could you please post a picture of the stamps?

After I got my passport at the embassy, I had a 2nd SETV sticker, with a "Void without prejudice" on it, and a "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently..." stamped over the SETV sticker.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

What i struggle with a little is you said you have only had 1 visa and your record was clean.

Did you only have 1 visa in your new passport? how and why would consulate state you entered Thailand too many times when according to you it was only once

I’m as confused as you are. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SteveK said:

So now it's got to the point where one SETV is too much? I sincerely hope that this report is bogus.

If it's not, I would recommend you to use a land crossing from Laos to enter, get your stuff, then don't bother with Thailand again.

I wouldn't use this as a confirmation. Phnom Penh is the most strict and needs everything to be completely perfect. I didn't use an agent. 

Do you think I could discuss with someone higher at the embassy (I'm still in Phnom Penh)? Ask for an interview. The man at the embassy looks a bit difficult to talk with. How would I go about asking to speak to someone?

Edited by TWWT

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

???

3 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

???

Last minute tickets accross the world are $5000US no?

I can live as a tourist and relax in THAILAND, because food costs $1 per meal and rent $200 per month.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, nickstav said:

There are some contradictory statements that you've made. You say that you are a "genuine" tourist with sufficient funds, but immigration says you've stayed in Thailand for long durations. That's not the profile of a typical tourist. You have sufficient funds to stay in Thailand, but not sufficient funds to go home (?). All your stuff is in Thailand (?). How much stuff? Tourists usually don't bring too much "stuff" with them. I'm not doubting your story, but there does seem to be some contradictions with what you say.

I have enough funds to live in Thailand, because my daily/monthly costs are so low. Still don't have to work. And easily meet the $1000 funds requirement at Phnom Penh.

In Thailand, I have checked luggage, my computer, a bit of money and some other stuff.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nickstav said:

A one-way ticket from Phnom Penh to Los Angeles, leaving Monday the 21st can be had for around $400 (best price on Cheapoair). Most flights were in the $600 range. Don't know where you got $5000.

Not expensive. I thought last-minture prices were extremely high.

But my stuff is still in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Have you not noticed that the recent trend for immigration is not to let aliens LIVE here on a tourist visa, they are making it hard enough for genuine expats!

Have you noticed that recently all

the tourists who are denied claim to have sufficient funds but then do not have money for return flight home?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TWWT said:

Not expensive. I thought last-minture prices were extremely high.

But my stuff is still in Thailand.

Well, I hope you can get your stuff if you have no way back in. If you made any friends while you were staying here maybe they can help you. Good luck.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TWWT said:

Last minute tickets accross the world are $5000US no?

I can live as a tourist and relax in THAILAND, because food costs $1 per meal and rent $200 per month.

So, if you have no income, what happens your funds run out?

• Confused 1