"Void without prejudice" stamp in Phnom Penh for second SETV—best available options?

Just now, PatOngo said:

And in your planning, you applied for a Tourist Visa?

Yes, should have gotten a METV. Thought I was going to work after 3 months. Didn't want to start working 40 hours per week again. Thought I could easily get a second SETV.

1 minute ago, TWWT said:

Yes, should have gotten a METV. Thought I was going to work after 3 months. Didn't want to start working 40 hours per week again. Thought I could easily get a second SETV.

40 hours is not so bad, I'm 65 and still work 50 hrs per week.

57 minutes ago, SteveK said:

So now it's got to the point where one SETV is too much? I sincerely hope that this report is bogus.

If it's not, I would recommend you to use a land crossing from Laos to enter, get your stuff, then don't bother with Thailand again.

it could be...

If he stayed in thailand 90 days or more in the last 6 months they will deny your second tourist visa application. Seen that trend going on lately in neighbouring countries thai consulates. So if OP would have stayed 80 days on his first SETV, then crossed the border and applied for another SETV he would have got his second SETV without problems.

1 hour ago, TWWT said:

Last minute tickets accross the world are $5000US no?

I can live as a tourist and relax in THAILAND, because food costs $1 per meal and rent $200 per month.

I saw a post on FB last week, one way Manila to US 16,000 PHP inclusive...thats only US 300, PP to Manila flight is minimal. Get a friend to sell your belongings and wire you the proceeds.

• Like 1

I'm thinking of going to Vientiene, and then go to the Thai embassy to see if they have any suggestions (especially regarding the "entered Thailand frequently and for long durations using tourist visas" when I've only been in Thailand for 3 months once on one SETV).

Depending on what they say, I'll either try to get a SETV in Vientiene or try to get a VE at the land border. There is an appoinent system, right? Do I need an appointment to talk with a consular official? I'll also go to an agency in Phnom Penh to see if they can recommend anything. Any suggestions for a good agency?

As long as all of us long termers on extensions don't get caught up in the crossfire fallout then what ever.

For the OP you should just try a land border run like has been suggested, and hope you get lucky with a 30 day. If you do get lucky, get your stuff and get the heck out while you can with it. What city is all your belongings? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TWWT said:

I'm thinking of going to Vientiene, and then go to the Thai embassy to see if they have any suggestions (especially regarding the "entered Thailand frequently and for long durations using tourist visas" when I've only been in Thailand for 3 months once on one SETV).

Depending on what they say, I'll either try to get a SETV in Vientiene or try to get a VE at the land border. There is an appoinent system, right? Do I need an appointment to talk with a consular official? I'll also go to an agency in Phnom Penh to see if they can recommend anything. Any suggestions for a good agency?

with a SETV voided in your passport it's gonna be very difficult getting another one in the region. Get a new passport first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, spiekerjozef said:

Get a new passport first.

Even if I get a new passport, won't the void/denied stamp come up in the system at embassies in different countries? Or land borders and airports?

20 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Does anyone ever get a welcoming smile from an IO at Swampy airport? I've never seen anyone get one.

Yes I get them all the time but at Suvarnabhumi as I am on long term yearly extensions for eons and my record of having no overstays is clear. Never tried to push it here like many do.

20 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

A sad state of affairs which must be of concern to many of us who who simply like to holiday and spend time (and money) in Thailand.

And this unfortunately is the crummy down hurtful side to the ones who just like to come in hang out and leave and then come again. They really should have better way of allowing people in by seeing concrete proof of they work outside the country or are wealthy enough to not be under suspicion. This OP and many others like him are examples of pushing it to the limit with not really having the funds to carry them through legitimately enough.

And just to add good luck to him getting in and getting his stuff and then leaving with all intact. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TWWT said:

Went to the Phnom Pemh embassy, without going through an agent, and my visa was denied. This is hard to buy??

Based on what? How I write? That I state my history, situation and ask for what options I have?

Ignore the haters. 

4 hours ago, TWWT said:

I'm stranded in Cambodia, my stuff is in Thailand, don't have enough money to go back to my home country, and you're comfortable in your chair,  in some guy's thread who's stranded in a foreign country and aleady beaten and kicked to the ground, saying he's making all of this up?

You got a bogus-rejection from a known corrupt-consulate.  Using an agent you MIGHT have received a TV, but they seem to be making them near-impossible to get there, unless you have not been in Thailand for some unknown period of time prior to applying.  Sorry you did not see the posts about that consulate here, before choosing that location for your next SETV.

You are not stranded.  As others have said, fly to Vientiane, and enter at Nong-Khai Visa-Exempt.  Have 20K Baht worth of cash to show (can be USD), and the paperwork you used at the consulate (proof of where you are staying, etc).  Chances are, you won't even need that stuff, but better safe than sorry.

After you enter the country, immediately apply for a new passport, if you want to get SETVs nearby in the future - unless you can get a job lined-up within 30-days.  Don't wait until the last-minute, then not have time to get your new passport before your permitted-stay runs out.  You can probably extend w/o issue, but it is possible an IO would make an issue due to the lies stamped in your passport by the Phnom Penh consulate.

With a new passport, you can hop to various nearby consulates for a few SETVs - though not as many per-passport as in previous times.  You can also get 2 Visa-Exempt entries Per Calendar Year at law-abiding entry points (like Nong Khai) without issue.  These can be extended for 30 additional days each in-country.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TWWT said:

Even if I get a new passport, won't the void/denied stamp come up in the system at embassies in different countries? Or land borders and airports?

No.  Quite possibly not even a problem at that particular consulate, if you had a fresh passport with no evidence you had been in Thailand before - but I wouldn't go there again.

15 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Yes I get them all the time but at Suvarnabhumi as I am on long term yearly extensions for eons and my record of having no overstays is clear. Never tried to push it here like many do.

I also enter at Suvarnabhumi and have had annual non imm O visas for years but I don't get them at all nor have I ever done so.

A pretty young thing like yourself only gets them because those IOs who smile at you do so because they fancy you and probably want to get to know you better.

It might be a good idea to try and cultivate a friendship with one of them. You never know when such a relationship might come in handy at some time in the future.

Next time one smiles at you slip him a piece of paper with your phone number on it. But don't do it too obviously as it might land both yourself and the IO concerned in trouble.

You're lucky so use it to your advantage, they don't give a plain ugly old goat like myself a second glance!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I also enter at Suvarnabhumi and have had annual non imm O visas for years but I don't get them at all nor have I ever done so.

A pretty young thing like yourself only gets them because those IOs who smile at you do so because they fancy you and probably want to get to know you better.

It might be a good idea to try and cultivate a friendship with one of them. You never know when such a relationship might come in handy at some time in the future.

Next time one smiles at you slip him a piece of paper with your phone number on it. But don't do it too obviously as it might land both yourself and the IO concerned in trouble.

You're lucky so use it to your advantage, they don't give a plain ugly old goat like myself a second glance!

Too funny. I am in my mid 50's in ok looking shape but I probably have a face an aura that they like. But it is true that I always never ever get a grumpy one. 

I think you got your consensus answer; try a VE entry at a land border crossing in Laos (considered more friendly). If denied entry you are no worse off than now. Except you are in Laos vice Cambodia. I would suggest that, if immigration hesitates to let you in, explain that you just need to get your computer and so on, and accept a reduced number of days admission. (Maybe have a flight pre-booked to leave Thailand in 10-15 days)    

I still don't understand why they would put a visa sticker in your PP.  Wouldn't they normally just deny your application for the SETV?