"Void without prejudice" stamp in Phnom Penh for second SETV—best available options?

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

That is assuming his story is 100% true and from what i read, it is far from it.

I am yet read from anyone even with a long history of getting such a stamp from the embassy or a consulate.

Is that a joke. He applied at PP.

Having said that, the op does not have one grammatical error. Bit strange. 

Edited by DrJack54

27 minutes ago, BestB said:

i do not follow you

Yes agree, its bit cryptic. 

I gave op very simple solution early. Border entry and collect his "valuable stuff", nick off to Vietnam. Job done. 

OP has not been active. 

I agree one previous setv should not lead to visa issued with void stamp PP. 

PP has been becoming more problematic in last few months. Also I think he did not use agent. Mistake.

Then I had another read of his op. Its like an editor went over it.

Anyway has he been back to add to thread? Perhaps I missed it.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

That is assuming his story is 100% true and from what i read, it is far from it.

I am yet read from anyone even with a long history of getting such a stamp from the embassy or a consulate.

Visa stickers stamped "void without prejudice" from Phnom Penh have been posted here before. That can and does happen. I'm surprised that the OP went there, although he seemed to know that Phnom Penh is considered tough nowadays. For having almost no Thai visa history, he also seems to know the region pretty well. All things considered, I'm not sure if it's a genuine report, but it's possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caldera said:

Visa stickers stamped "void without prejudice" from Phnom Penh have been posted here before. That can and does happen. I'm surprised that the OP went there, although he seemed to know that Phnom Penh is considered tough nowadays. For having almost no Thai visa history, he also seems to know the region pretty well. All things considered, I'm not sure if it's a genuine report, but it's possible.

Not the void part but the "entered Thailand too many times" part

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Not the void part but the "entered Thailand too many times" part

They've been reported to use that stamp before, but you're right that it makes no sense in combination with the "void" stamp, as it's meant as a warning that another one in the future "might" be denied. Strange indeed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I think he did not use agent.

Use of agents is of no relevance anymore, because what happens is, the front line staff puts the sticker, and when the Consul refuses to sign the visa, they have no choice but to void them.

I got 3 visas from them, first 2 via agent, third directly in Consulate (with some headaches, but yeah). None with remarks. But they do get voided quite a bit at Phnom Pehn. And I am aware of the remarks they put on them nowadays, when they void them. People already posted the pics on Facebook forums.

That said, I mantain my initial opinion in reference to this particular report.

Edited by lkv

2 hours ago, Doge said:

Genuine tourist with a room full of belongings looking to return to teach English.

Maybe the OP needs to reflect on why a country might not give him a visa after only one prior trip. There's got to be something more to this story. Certainly is comments are inconsistent.

not "a country" but thai embassy phnom penh. note here that this particular embassy has had a violent history at khmer hands not too long ago and well after the KR era, so its not unreasonable that they dont want visa runners spending their money in cambodia

Edited by dafniusDuckus

1 hour ago, lkv said:

I got 3 visas from them, first 2 via agent, third directly in Consulate (with some headaches, but yeah). None with remarks. But they do get voided quite a bit at Phnom Pehn. And I am aware of the remarks they put on them nowadays, when they void them. People already posted the pics on Facebook forums.

have been there a number of times over the years never had a visa issued from them. mostly it is me who voids the approach due mainly to their attitude and nonsense.

also been to agents to ask about them getting me one. still aint never had a visa from that embassy.

have many from elsewhere in the region mainly vientiane and longer past penang and kl

Edited by dafniusDuckus
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Spacegoat said:

Before moving to Laos, why don't you try the other land borders between Cambodia and Thailand?

I always use the Koh Kong-Trat route which is definitely easier than the bloody Poi Pet route. You can catch a morning bus/van to Koh Kong, then go to the border by a bike taxi (3USD/100Bath is enough). After you walk across the border, you can move to Trat by van (120Bath). You will be there by 5 p.m. of the same day and there are still some buses/vans to Bangkok you can catch.

This. No need that OP go to Laos unless OP want to spend more money and visit Laos. Unless someone did the math and it's cheaper but I don't think so. Plane to Vientiane are usually expensive compared to KL or HMC. 

Edited by Tayaout

1 minute ago, lkv said:

Who are you then?

You also joined recently, welcome!

Amazing how much knowledge and lack of knowledge all the newbies have on the matters of visa refusals.

So either one of the same or newly reincarnated 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TWWT said:

If an indirect flight goes through Don Muang, can this cause me issues?

If it's an "international to international fly-thru" booked as such, then it won't cause you any issues, as you won't go through Thai immigration.

I agree with others though. Using a friendly Cambodia-Thailand land border would be easier than flying to Laos first.

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

If it's an "international to international fly-thru" booked as such, then it won't cause you any issues, as you won't go through Thai immigration.

I agree with others though. Using a friendly Cambodia-Thailand land border would be easier than flying to Laos first.

Okay, thanks.

But for the Cambodian border, if I'm denied, is it possible that they would stamp something in my passport or enter something in the database?

3 minutes ago, TWWT said:

Okay, thanks.

But for the Cambodian border, if I'm denied, is it possible that they would stamp something in my passport or enter something in the database?

You won't be denied at border except for poi pet.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You won't be denied at border except for poi pet.

Honestly, I thought the exact same thing for the SETV. If I'm denied and just have to turn around and go, it's not much of an issue, but is there any possibility at all that they could stamp something in my passport (or enter something in the database)?

35 minutes ago, TWWT said:

Honestly, I thought the exact same thing for the SETV. If I'm denied and just have to turn around and go, it's not much of an issue, but is there any possibility at all that they could stamp something in my passport (or enter something in the database)?

No they won't stamp anything. Not sure about computer records, I say this is likely. 

Edit: I'm not sure they won't stamp anything but they sure do stamp "canceled" on the Cambodian exit stamp when going back. 

Edited by Tayaout

2 hours ago, TWWT said:

You will be fine at border. The only reason I didn't suggest flight to bkk is that you would most likely arrive DM, which is being bit strange. CM no problem.

Edited by DrJack54

If you love Thailand and do not want to be 86'd for life. I would borrow money and get education visa before entering the country or immediately after entering if you get lucky and they let you in now. Thai IO see a DENIED stamp and boom it's over! Each and every time. Same as being blacklisted. A person with a 30 day blacklist is blacklisted for ever! Thai's see denied, then they do same. You can negate the problem by finding a company to do it for you with Ed Visa.

• Sad 1