"Void without prejudice" stamp in Phnom Penh for second SETV—best available options?

7 hours ago, TWWT said:

Okay, thanks.

But for the Cambodian border, if I'm denied, is it possible that they would stamp something in my passport or enter something in the database?

You won't be denied at border except for poi pet.

YES! They enter all info in computer databases I got pulled out line... at bkk because my previous trip out Thailand (2 years before × 1 with long term visa) I did not carry my work permit (never knew I was supposed to as alot schools hang on to them) anyway I had valid 1 year non B and they acted as if I would be denied because database said I should have had work permit but I called my Thai wife and she chewed IO's ear for 20 min and then he said ok. At the same time was using brand new passport with B visa clean, it was my first trip to American in years!! Freaking scary!

3 hours ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

Thai IO see a DENIED stamp and boom it's over! Each and every time. Same as being blacklisted. A person with a 30 day blacklist is blacklisted for ever! Thai's see denied, then they do same.

What do you mean by 'boom it's over. Each and every time'? How many have experienced this?

If I go by land border for a visa exemption, an IO could give me a red stamp or blacklist me?

3 hours ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

If you love Thailand and do not want to be 86'd for life. I would borrow money and get education visa before entering the country or immediately after entering if you get lucky and they let you in now. Thai IO see a DENIED stamp and boom it's over! Each and every time. Same as being blacklisted. A person with a 30 day blacklist is blacklisted for ever! Thai's see denied, then they do same. You can negate the problem by finding a company to do it for you with Ed Visa.

That's nonsense from start to finish. Quite a feat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TWWT said:

What do you mean by 'boom it's over. Each and every time'? How many have experienced this?

If I go by land border for a visa exemption, an IO could give me a red stamp or blacklist me?

Ignore that post you replied to. Absolute nonsense. Void stamp means very little re enter via border or even ve.

That poster knows zip about los. Where the void visa eg setv is a problem is if you tried to obtain an setv straight away at another consulate, another country. 

So back to your situation. Do border crossing. Also think flight into CM fine. Recent reports history far more extensive than yours and with void stamp.

Another usually friendly border is Pailin/Ban Pakkard. No need to waste time and money going via Laos. 

The PP Thai embassy hasn't liked people applying for a visa in person for at least a decade : They want you to go through an agent so they can collect a kickback. Chances are you would have gotten a 2nd - first in the region - TV if you had done that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, POMRAKSIAM said:

If you love Thailand and do not want to be 86'd for life. I would borrow money and get education visa before entering the country or immediately after entering if you get lucky and they let you in now. Thai IO see a DENIED stamp and boom it's over! Each and every time. Same as being blacklisted. A person with a 30 day blacklist is blacklisted for ever! Thai's see denied, then they do same. You can negate the problem by finding a company to do it for you with Ed Visa.

This post rates as most crazy 2019. And that's a good achievement.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Along with the void stamp, I was also stamped "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently and for long durations using tourist visas." That's the one I'm worried about.

(This makes no sense whatsoever, since I've only been in Thailand for 3 months on a single SETV, and no VE or other visas. The consular was maybe in a bad mood that day or something. Maybe this could even affect my chances of getting visas from other countries.)

Would the "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently..." stamp affect my chances of getting a VE through a land border?

2 minutes ago, TWWT said:

Along with the void stamp, I was also stamped "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently and for long durations using tourist visas." That's the one I'm worried about.

(This makes no sense whatsoever, since I've only been in Thailand for 3 months on a single SETV, and no VE or other visas. The consular was maybe in a bad mood that day or something. Maybe this could even affect my chances of getting visas from other countries.)

Would the "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently..." stamp affect my chances of getting a VE through a land border?

Chill. As many folk have advised just do a border entry. Ignore dill or 2 above scaremongering. Of course make sure you have money on you. I would make a cancel free hotel booking, etc. 

Start reading posts/threads about good border crossing from Cambodia. 

Good luck

• Like 1

I'm thinking of going to Thai immigration to see about the "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently..." stamp (if I get in). Although, I don't know if they can contest the decision of another embassy/consular, even if it's false. Anyone know if there's any chance it could be rescinded (or get a letter or something)?

Edited by TWWT

4 minutes ago, TWWT said:

I'm thinking of going to Thai immigration to see about the "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently..." stamp (when/if I get in). At the same time, I don't think they can contest the decision of another embassy/consular, even if it's false. Is there any chance it could be rescinded?

Your making rod for your back. Reenter los as  advised and consider your next steps. To add the void stamp on visa is done when you obtain new pp. Also imm control does not place much weight on that. Its an issue if you say flew to Saigon and applied for setv now. Or KL etc. Most likely not successful. Reenter los via border. Job done. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TWWT said:

I'm thinking of going to Thai immigration to see about the "Denied Applicant has entered Thailand frequently..." stamp (if I get in). Although, I don't know if they can contest the decision of another embassy/consular, even if it's false. Anyone know if there's any chance it could be rescinded (or get a letter or something)?

Waste of time going to immigration. It would be easier to change passport. I was denied and deported at Don Muang airport with a tourist visa and I have a denied stamp in my passport. I came back 3 days later via land border and the IO did not even said a word. Since then I crossed the border again 2 times but I switched to non-o after that adventure. A denied entry stamp is worse than your void visa yet I got a non-o visa and came back 3 times.

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Waste of time going to immigration. It would be easier to change passport. I was denied and deported at Don Muang airport with a tourist visa and I have a denied stamp in my passport. I came back 3 days later via land border and the IO did not even said a word. Since then I crossed the border again 2 times but I switched to non-o after that adventure. A denied entry stamp is worse than your void visa yet I got a non-o visa and came back 3 times.

Finally some good advice. OP take note of this post and my own posts along with others. Disregard all the rest.

Step 1. Enter via border.

2. Its almost end of 2019 if you extend your ve for next reenter.  Then you can do 2 border exempt 2020. 

• Like 1

I am not trying make waves as I visited Thailand multiple times but what makes Thailand so special?

China gave me 10 year visa, Malaysia 3 month, Hong Kong 3 month, Singapore 3 month etc.

The only reason I go Thailand is/are chicks. As I mentioned before cheapest country on this planet is USA. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, olfu said:

I am not trying make waves as I visited Thailand multiple times but what makes Thailand so special?

China gave me 10 year visa, Malaysia 3 month, Hong Kong 3 month, Singapore 3 month etc.

The only reason I go Thailand is/are chicks. As I mentioned before cheapest country on this planet is USA. 

The OP, is asking advice how to renter Los from Cambodia. Then you post this nonsense. I'm sure op is aware of options in other countries. Then throw in crass comment about your only reason Thai is/are chicks. Hells bells. Offensive comments. Enjoy China

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, TWWT said:

As others have said, just let it go. With Thai officials, you can shop around, but there are no refunds, if you get my drift. Focus on getting back first and then get a new passport.

• Like 1

Arguing with Thai immigration or trying to get things reversed in Thailand :Forget it, this is not farangland. 

Don't even volunteer any explanation about the void stamp at the border. Just hand them your passport (if he asks, explain the silliness of the PP embassy). Obviously the stamps won't improve your chances of being let in, but more likely than not you won't have any problems. 

I didn't read the whole thread, but I can tell my friend got the same stamp in Phnom Penh, entered through a land crossing, and tried go get a new SETV two months later from HCMC. They were going to accept his application, and told him to book a ticket to Thailand he was missing, but quickly turned back and said you can't get a tourist visa after getting that stamp in PP. He flew to Chiang Mai and was interrogated for 30mins before letting him back in.

7 minutes ago, Santzes said:

I didn't read the whole thread, but I can tell my friend got the same stamp in Phnom Penh, entered through a land crossing, and tried go get a new SETV two months later from HCMC. They were going to accept his application, and told him to book a ticket to Thailand he was missing, but quickly turned back and said you can't get a tourist visa after getting that stamp in PP. He flew to Chiang Mai and was interrogated for 30mins before letting him back in.

I'm pretty sure that if you obtain a new pp there will be no record of the void stamp on the computers. Yes all record of visas, ve, etc will be there. Could more experienced member correct this if wrong info.

Edited by DrJack54

In Phnom Penh I got 15 years ago already the stamp "Never apply for a visa here again". Luckily they gave me one more tourist visa. Wasn't 50 yet and so I traveled often to Thailand based on tourist visas or visa on arrival. But it was a shocking experience.