Being a victim of fake NGK Iridium spark plugs from a seller on E-bay

Isaanbiker

16 hours ago, Doge said:

Everything is fake on eBay. Flash drives, baby formula you name it. No shocker. Should have known better. In fact, Amazon has this problem as well and also does little or nothing to police itself. Imagine the Thai online sites just a thieves den.

Blame China. Why innovative? Copy a facsimile and sell at discount. Winning.

Not everything is fake on Ebay! "Should have known better?"

Let's put it this way. There are fake items on Amazon and on Ebay. 

And the buyer is protected, sellers who do such stuff will soon be gone. Which is also a reason for my warning.

I've bought genuine Yamaha stuff on Ebay, but that has its price.

When something sounds too good, it might be fake. 

5 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

As already mentioned, the only positive part of them is the longevity.

Plus they produce a larger flame kernal for combustion

Plus they require less voltage to produce a spark - important on old ignition systems which were weak from the day they were made.

Plus they give improved performance

Use 1 to 2 heat ranges colder if running LPG

All your experience seems to be with the fakes. Try the real deal

Yes. 2 vehicles.

I just use the standard plugs and change every oil change. I got fed up trying to find colder plugs and only being offered exorbitantly expensive "LPG" plugs. Or Iridium which i don't need. When i say expensive 600 Baht each instead of 600 baht a set. It's not the money but the BS/up-sell that annoys me.

But that does remind me that I'm going to Aus. so might be able to find some colder plugs there. But they are probably not 600 baht a set.

NGK say one number colder.

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Just a thought. To avoid fake Iridium buy some platinum ones?

I know now that my 24 tear old Virago 1100 cc does not need Iridium plugs and I've already put my plugs in from Webike Bangkok.

Webike sell genuine parts for all bikes and they sell NGK BPR 7 ES online, real ones. Problem solved. 

For those who want to buy genuine parts in Thailand:

https://thai.webike.net/en/sd/1954245

On 10/21/2019 at 2:58 PM, Isaanbiker said:

Then it's fake because the real ones are made with machines that make perfect threads without such "chunks and nicks."

After looking at the nice photos  https://thai.webike.net/sd/1953609

I'm now not so convinced mine are fake   as the threads look very similar to me, has the same sort of damage.

damage could be from the parts bashing into other parts before or after the thread rolling

or being clamped for machining/pressing processes after the thread rolling.

19077087_zoom2P_20191021_135321_SRES.thumb.jpg.43bf62135ac5d940cf14761e1a8d6a94.jpg1755264555_threadzoom1953609_5.jpg.020122002cdf5fa5a1ad0574c24cdfd2.jpg

41 minutes ago, johng said:

After looking at the nice photos  https://thai.webike.net/sd/1953609

I'm now not so convinced mine are fake   as the threads look very similar to me, has the same sort of damage.

damage could be from the parts bashing into other parts before or after the thread rolling

or being clamped for machining/pressing processes after the thread rolling.

19077087_zoom2P_20191021_135321_SRES.thumb.jpg.43bf62135ac5d940cf14761e1a8d6a94.jpg1755264555_threadzoom1953609_5.jpg.020122002cdf5fa5a1ad0574c24cdfd2.jpg

Thanks for posting. I'm a bit irritated now as the thread seems to be the only way to find a copy. I'd not be surprised if the Webike plugs are copies as well. The thread should be without any damages. 

<One of NGK’s most popular motorcycle spark plugs has dismally entered the realm of counterfeiting, but we’re here to help! The fake CR9EIX plugs shown next to our genuine CR9EIX stock in this article have been sold by an unlawfully seller many hundreds of times to innocent buyers worldwide, putting a huge amount of risk to all engines and pockets involved. Not only are these fake plugs not manufactured and tested to the same degree of the genuine item, they don’t actually feature any ‘iridium’ centre electrode tip at all! >

Here's some information about the fake ones: https://www.driven2automotive.com/blog/how-to-spot-fake-ngk-cr9eix-iridium-ix-spark-plugs-2018/

30 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Want 100% guarantee - buy from NGK.

How hard is it !!!

Keep farting around with online sellers and expect to get shafted.

To be honest, I've lost my trust. Fake spark plugs, fake noses, fake chins, fake tits, fake love, fake degrees and fake people.

I appreciate genuine posters like you. Thanks. 

If you continue to live here, get to know the local sellers. Establish a rapport with them.

This is their country, they know how to get things done, where to find stuff, what the prices should be, etc etc etc

My Thai is terrible, hearing loss makes it impossible to hear the tones, so can not say the words correctly. Sure makes the wife laugh tho' !!!

I bring a picture, if possible the old part, and Bang - I'm in business. At Thai prices too.

I laugh my A off reading about all these people who can't be bothered to get up and search for something, order from online, get rammed, and then come on Forums and whine and snivel while pulling up their panties.

Same as them going to B-Quik or some other such big box store when the local mechanic where I live will make house calls if necessary. Ask B-Q to come to your house and look at something !!!

Archived