Terror at 33,000ft: Four arrested on Phuket bound ’flight from hell’, one man wrapped in cling film

rooster59

Terror at 33,000ft: Four arrested on Phuket bound ’flight from hell’, one man wrapped in cling film

0_PAY-air-rage-on-board-of-Moscow-to-Phuket-plane_1_Elena-Demidova_east2west_02.jpg

Image - Anna Liesowska /east2west news

Passengers and cabin crew restrained a man and wrapped him in cling film after he tried to open the door on a Phuket bound flight.

The drama took place at 33,000 feet on a Nordwind Airline flight that was on its way from Moscow to Phuket.

The incident forced the pilot to make an emergency landing in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, where the man was handed over to the police.

Amazingly, that wasn’t the end of incidents involving troublesome passengers on the flight.

Three other passengers were arrested when the plane arrived in Phuket.

Two of the three were arrested after becoming involved in an altercation with one another, while another was handed over to police after being caught smoking in the toilet. 

Despite no alcohol being served on the flight, the problematic passengers were described as being “drunk”.

TV reporter Elena Demidova who was on the flight told the Daily Mail: “The first half of the flight was normal, but then I noticed strange activity among stewardesses.

“Suddenly the sign fasten your seat belts began to flash. Why? Minutes later the captain explained a passenger in the rear of the plane was drunk and rowdy,” she added. 

“A doctor tried to calm him. Then tougher measures were taken. They tried to use plastic food wrap to tie him. Seven people were holding him, but nothing helped.

“This man was smoking in the plane’s toilet. The stewardesses are sorting it out right now. 

“He was taken away from the plane by Thai police. It is the first time when my flight is so rich in events. Thanks that all of us are alive,” she added.

Meanwhile, a representative from Tashkent International Airport confirmed the Phuket bound flight made an emergency landing.

“Nordwind Airlines’ flight N42477 that was on its way from Moscow to Phuket made a forced landing in Tashkent. This was caused by an aggressive behaviour of a passenger which threatened safety of the flight.

“As soon as the troublemaker was taken off the flight and the aircraft was fueled, the flight took off for the final destination”.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-20

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some time ago I was on a flight with 3 Russians in the next row. They bought a big bottle of whisky just for the flight. And they finished it within an hour...

Sorry but I have a hard time believing your story. The Russian I know would have drank 3 bottles in that amount of time. 

So here is the question..MANY passengers - no matter what the ethnicity have imbibed a bit too much. Problem? Imbibing and having the "normal" reaction by NOT creating or stirring any controversy obviously is the problem here. Drink and not be an <deleted>, but when you lose that boundary, then obviously you're gone. Very simple to me.If you can't control your liquor, then whether on a plane (which is more dangerous) OR simply creating drama, then it's time to step back...that's assuming you can remember any of it:)

And so.....it was obvious to me that it was Russian-related...again I think enough people of different origins have also been in the limelight. Quite frankly, I have no idea "what" tourists to Thailand have any reasonable respect and ability to not make an ass out of themselves. Obviously, liquor is always a present factor. not just in Thailand but throughout the world. Some people can handle it...obviously others can not.

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

55555555 would love to have seen the guy wrapped in cling film, They should have taken a photo,"This is me mum on holiday"

Have to give them A+ for creativity, usually they would use restraints to strap you to your seat.

Can only hope no one got overly excited as being wrapped is a popular fetish from what i hear ????

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Quality tourist coming to Phuket! 

uhhh not only russian

15 yr ago on air ruope flight from spain to bkk , fighting of 5 spanish

20yr ago  on alitalia flight , a druged guy makes all flight problem, when nearly landed in rom ,he was boxing the steward lady down and than ( low alitude) he opend emergency door and jumped to dead

dont wory!! doors can only be opend  at ground or at low alitude/speed druing landing.cant be opend at 33.000ft

... so not only russian happen on uk and us planes and all others daily routine

2 hours ago, lapamita said:

uhhh not only russian

15 yr ago on air ruope flight from spain to bkk , fighting of 5 spanish

20yr ago  on alitalia flight , a druged guy makes all flight problem, when nearly landed in rom ,he was boxing the steward lady down and than ( low alitude) he opend emergency door and jumped to dead

dont wory!! doors can only be opend  at ground or at low alitude/speed druing landing.cant be opend at 33.000ft

... so not only russian happen on uk and us planes and all others daily routine

Interesting point...

IIRC most aircraft are only pressurised to about 10-12,000 feet equivalent (to save fuel), so "low altitude" could be anything less than this...

..but even "falling" out of a aircraft door when it's parked would probably cause some fairly severe injuries...!

5 minutes ago, luk AJ said:

I can’t understand your logic.. at altitude, the pressure is inside the plane and the doors open to the outside so...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you watch when they open an a/c door, it is first pulled inwards a iittle, before being rotated slightly and then pushed out at a slight angle...

(Think of why manhole covers are usually round....)

7 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Sorry but I have a hard time believing your story. The Russian I know would have drank 3 bottles in that amount of time. 

I rather believe your story than the first one, the Russians I know would or could do the same !!!

Obviously well known problem with the flight designated alcohol free yet the drunks still access their drug. I guess the next step is drug test for alcohol every passenger prior to boarding and thoroughly search belongings and people. Nothing worse than a drunk on a plane except an airline that doesn't do it's job and endangers other passengers because of it.

5 hours ago, steve73 said:

Interesting point...

IIRC most aircraft are only pressurised to about 10-12,000 feet equivalent (to save fuel), so "low altitude" could be anything less than this...

..but even "falling" out of a aircraft door when it's parked would probably cause some fairly severe injuries...!

5 hours ago, steve73 said:

If you watch when they open an a/c door, it is first pulled inwards a iittle, before being rotated slightly and then pushed out at a slight angle...

(Think of why manhole covers are usually round....)

The cabin altitude of commercial jet aircraft is either 8000feet for older types (B-747) or 6000feet for newer types (B-787).

All cabin doors are plug type doors and cannot be opened in flight when the aircraft is pressurised. 

Archived