Terror at 33,000ft: Four arrested on Phuket bound ’flight from hell’, one man wrapped in cling film

rooster59

2 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

I didn't mention "intent".

Just stating fact re aircraft cabin doors.

All I was getting at; was the passenger had the Intent...

and that if he wouldn't be able to open them, isn't a mitigating factor

(sort of like: someone pointing a gun, but it misfires...

- he still intended for the gun to fire)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, marqus12 said:

Flights in planes dehydrate the body very much,
combining it with dehydrating alcohol is a very bad idea,
even caffeine is not recommended for long flights.

I always have a few drinks on the plane,(Florida to BKK 24 hours) Would not even dream about making the trip without it, (sleeping medicine in a tasty liquid form:smile:

I am not a big, hard liquor drinker and it knocks me out,  . after a while I fall asleep, when I wake up we are more than halfway there,  Eat something, watch a couple of bad movies and  ready for our connecting flight in Japan , Korea, or Hong Kong,  (4-5 hrs flight and layover) to get back in shape and get ready for Thailand . :smile:

6 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

Obviously well known problem with the flight designated alcohol free yet the drunks still access their drug. I guess the next step is drug test for alcohol every passenger prior to boarding and thoroughly search belongings and people. Nothing worse than a drunk on a plane except an airline that doesn't do it's job and endangers other passengers because of it.

Ah, I was waiting for some binary ill-informed opinion and you didn’t disappoint.

According to best estimates, there were just over 100,000 flights on planet Earth yesterday.

Obviously, as a result of a couple of drunk Russians, we really should clamp down on all this drinking nonsense.

Please clarify how, whilst undeniably aggravating, a drunk genuinely “endangers other passengers”. If it is a major & recurring issue that requires new legislations, there must be a multitude of specific examples....

On 10/20/2019 at 6:46 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Some time ago I was on a flight with 3 Russians in the next row. They bought a big bottle of whisky just for the flight. And they finished it within an hour...

How else you wanna survive in eco class ?

I think maybe that the passengers should receive world wide airline bans and stamps put in passports to state this too. That way you'd maybe cause trouble going home, but flying to a country and knowing you could possibly not fly home and have to travel 6000 miles on the road , you may think twice

On 10/20/2019 at 6:49 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Trying to open the door- don't panic, air pressure holds the door closed, and can't be opened while the plane is at high altitude.

dad's army.jpg

Its the other way round i think, the air pressure inside cabin try to get iut into very low air pressure. 

These people need their passports cancelled..forever. 

They should pay all passengers damages of at least equivalent of their fares plus fines the total cost of flight.

No ifs buts or maybes.

People seem willing to pardon such people because they are or were drunk. Would they be excused 9f they were high on ice or cocaine? 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:49 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Trying to open the door- don't panic, air pressure holds the door closed, and can't be opened while the plane is at high altitude.

dad's army.jpg

… unless you see someone drag a hydraulic Jack out of their hand luggage … :shock1:

Check out this list. 

Do you see a Geographic Pattern ?

Countries With The Highest Alcohol Consumption per Capita

Rank Country Liters of pure alcohol consumed per capita
1 Belarus 17.50
2 Moldova 16.80
3 Lithuania 15.40
4 Russia 15.10
5 Romania 14.40
6 Ukraine 13.90
7 Andorra 13.80
8 Hungary 13.30
9 Czech Republic 13.00
10 Slovakia 13.00

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I think maybe that the passengers should receive world wide airline bans and stamps put in passports to state this too. That way you'd maybe cause trouble going home, but flying to a country and knowing you could possibly not fly home and have to travel 6000 miles on the road , you may think twice

What gives you the idea any of these idiot thinks - or even thinks twice?

dad's army.jpg

I think you needto rethink that, at 33,000ft there is less air pressure on the exterior of the aircraft. When a hole appears in the hull of a airplane the pressure inside is released that is why there is a sucking sound. There maybe some other safty measure on the door to keep it from being opened but it is not the exterior airpressure.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:05 AM, soalbundy said:

55555555 would love to have seen the guy wrapped in cling film, They should have taken a photo,"This is me mum on holiday"

Actually mum I'm not in Thailand, I didn't make it that far.... I got turfed off and arrested in Tashkent, Uzbekistan after causing an emergency landing.... not sure if I'll be home for Christmas.

I don't know where it is either you'll have to google map it.

Ohhh put the house up for sale, there will be a bill in the post for the emergency landing and refueling !

Thank God there were some quick thinking brave folks to wrap the dude in cling wrap. 

As for the drinking saga on the plane, Russia has one of the world's highest statistics of alcohol misuse and alcoholism in the world. I can't tell you how many drunk Russians (and Poms and Aussies) I have seen and met in LOS. 

I've had it described to me by other clinicians who have witnessed the problems on the ground in Russia as 'plague proportions'. Any culture that sees drinking heavily high alcohol content spirits as a cultural norm will produce serious problems for anyone that comes into contact with such drinking behaviours.

I live in a country that sees drinking as normal, manly, a right of passage, where entire partially-state funded events support gatherings of people where alcohol is consumed for days on end by teenagers, a country where getting drunk, and using alcohol at almost every form of social gathering is being a 'true citizen'.

The denial in my country amongst many, many people as to the horrendous harm overindulgence of alcohol causes still persists.

We have worldwide box office smash hit movies that portray days and days of blackout binge drinking as funny and something to be applauded and rewarded.

The social violence, the self harm, the road accidents, the domestic violence, and the huge burden of costs to countries from alcohol misuse is mind boggling.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:21 AM, rooster59 said:

The incident forced the pilot to make an emergency landing in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, where the man was handed over to the police.

should have landed in kazakstan police know what to do with criminal people

On 10/20/2019 at 9:46 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Some time ago I was on a flight with 3 Russians in the next row. They bought a big bottle of whisky just for the flight. And they finished it within an hour...

and the buggers didn't even offer you a glass?  :cheesy:

On 10/20/2019 at 10:53 AM, steven100 said:

It is always a concern when drunk and rowdy passengers board a plane.

To assist in such an event, cable ties and a stun gun should be added to the emergency kit.

Nah - what they need on these flights is a Russian freelancer. She can sort the fellow in no time :)

27 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Just the kind of "quality" tourists we need here.

TAT has really come down to "bottoms" in the bed now

Huh ?? Too sophisticated for me - went right over my head. Can you please explain your analogy. Ahh how many Changs have you had??

dad's army.jpg

They have to be switched to manual by the crew, for landing and take off.... 

3 hours ago, moe666 said:

I think you needto rethink that, at 33,000ft there is less air pressure on the exterior of the aircraft. When a hole appears in the hull of a airplane the pressure inside is released that is why there is a sucking sound. There maybe some other safty measure on the door to keep it from being opened but it is not the exterior airpressure.

I could try and educate you, but google is your friend.

can you open plane door in flight is what to type to find out.

Archived