Terror at 33,000ft: Four arrested on Phuket bound ’flight from hell’, one man wrapped in cling film

rooster59

On 10/19/2019 at 9:07 PM, BestB said:

Have to give them A+ for creativity, usually they would use restraints to strap you to your seat.

Can only hope no one got overly excited as being wrapped is a popular fetish from what i hear ????

<deleted> Chinese Cling Film! 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/20/2019 at 11:10 AM, luk AJ said:

I can’t understand your logic.. at altitude, the pressure is inside the plane and the doors open to the outside so...
Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Quite right. In flight the cabin pressure is lowered by a few thousand feet to reduce the differential but it is still way above the pressure outside. 

Confusion arises from the system being referred to as cabin pressurisation, on ground checks the cabin is pressurised to simulate the difference, difficult to lower the atmospheric pressure.

I really  think that when boarding, the ground staff should check every passenger for signs of being drunk. These  travellers are a threat to security and make the 200/500 travellers voyage a nightmare. My flights have been completely spoiled 3 times, a drunk laying in the aisle , a young man vomiting all over the place, and the cherry on the cake, a completely drunk man allowed to board a Lufthansa flight , created havoc, smoked, threw things around, and finally his meal tray all over my direct neighbour ! All this despite me signalling the stewards before takeoff that he was in a bad way. My neighbour and I refused to stay in our seats and were finally moved behind the cockpit where the pilots rest seats are. The man was handcuffed to his seat and arrested on arrival. My seat neighbour and myself got to see the landing, which was great, but what a way to start a holiday.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:53 AM, steven100 said:

It is always a concern when drunk and rowdy passengers board a plane.

To assist in such an event, cable ties and a stun gun should be added to the emergency kit.

Restraining devices, including handcuffs, ARE carried on many airlines to deal with unruly passengers.  My husband tells me Aer Lingus also used to carry a "straight jacket" on board for this purpose!  I kid you not!  Did you know that the flight crew has an axe in the cockpit? :shock1:

1 hour ago, geisha said:

I really  think that when boarding, the ground staff should check every passenger for signs of being drunk. These  travellers are a threat to security and make the 200/500 travellers voyage a nightmare. My flights have been completely spoiled 3 times, a drunk laying in the aisle , a young man vomiting all over the place, and the cherry on the cake, a completely drunk man allowed to board a Lufthansa flight , created havoc, smoked, threw things around, and finally his meal tray all over my direct neighbour ! All this despite me signalling the stewards before takeoff that he was in a bad way. My neighbour and I refused to stay in our seats and were finally moved behind the cockpit where the pilots rest seats are. The man was handcuffed to his seat and arrested on arrival. My seat neighbour and myself got to see the landing, which was great, but what a way to start a holiday.

They do and if the passenger is deemed too drunk, he/she can be denied boarding, but in practice this is not always possible.  However, the final decision on whether to leave a passenger behind rests with the captain.

There have also been instances when a member of the flight deck crew has been ejected from a flight for being drunk.

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Another article from the source of this OP - today's Daily Mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7595551/Royal-Marine-35-unleashed-drunken-foul-mouthed-tirade-Manchester-airport-staff.html

The passenger was denied boarding by airport staff for being drunk.

"A boozed-up Royal Marine branded a Manchester airport attendant a 'fat <deleted> tart in Primark shoes' when she stopped him from boarding his Ryanair flight to Ibiza.

Benjamin Hoyle, 35, flew into a blistering sweary rant when he was prevented from flying from Manchester after sinking multiple beers and draining a bottle of Captain Morgan's rum from duty free."

The reason these drunk passengers were not denied boarding at Moscow Airport is unknown but the fact that the flight itself was "alcohol free" speaks volumes.  Presumably they have had problems before.

On 10/20/2019 at 6:52 AM, Tayaout said:

Sorry but I have a hard time believing your story. The Russian I know would have drank 3 bottles in that amount of time. 

Many years ago in a hotel in Beiruit the then Russian president Kruschev sat down at the table where my mate and i were sitting. He plonked 2 bottles of Vodka on the table and said "Drink boys" however he had scolled most of the two bottles in short time and called for two more. We got <deleted> before he did !

11 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think maybe that the passengers should receive world wide airline bans and stamps put in passports to state this too. That way you'd maybe cause trouble going home, but flying to a country and knowing you could possibly not fly home and have to travel 6000 miles on the road , you may think twice

What drunk thinks twice ?

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:53 AM, steven100 said:

It is always a concern when drunk and rowdy passengers board a plane.

To assist in such an event, cable ties and a stun gun should be added to the emergency kit.

Restraint kits are onboard, they are like extra size cable tie-wraps.

Archived