Bt80 bn munition budget ‘necessary’: Prayut

rooster59

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

With the likelihood of Thailand actually being invaded by a hostile country - i think these would be just as useful and actually help the farmer too  !

spud-gun-potato-shooter-25624-lifesyle.jpg

I haven't seen one of them for donkeys years. I used to have one about 60 odd years ago.

Only one part of his statement hits the nail on the head.....''Thailand needs to keep up with the changing World ''.  Problem is they have no intention of keeping up with, or being interested in, or being part of the rest of the World.  They are only interested in protecting the 'few' at the top of the 'Ruling Class' and 'showing off' their latest hardware to the Neighbours;  the defence of the Nation and the protection of the majority of its people is furthest from their thoughts !

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

as well as prevent matters that might escalate into bigger conflicts.”

I think we all know what THAT means....

Yeah, anything from shooting communists (that we've just discovered we apparently still have), to any type of dissenters.

Usually anything that has 'national security' in the phrase.

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Yeah, anything from shooting communists (that we've just discovered we apparently still have), to any type of dissenters.

Usually anything that has 'national security' in the phrase.

About 20 or so million every year, communists that is, unless good general forgot China is a communist country;)

The same commies who are supplying the subs, building railway and all the rest

4 hours ago, BobbyL said:

So they haven't got enough money to protect its citizens from floods (which happens every year), but they have billions of THB spare to protect the country from non - existent military threats. 

That they probably couldn't beat anyway

Just hurl insults at any aggressors,

give them the finger 

if the borders need patrolling then surely money saved buy not buying big ticket items,

can go towards border patrols by many many unemployed persons, a wage gladly accepted to protect Thailand.

17th 18th 19th century thinking on protection is obsolete, just  buy  two nuclear bombs at a fraction of the cost, there is your deterrent.

As much as some of the spending is absurd, the Thai navy does need to replace some of their vessels pretty badly; the American Vietnam War leftovers aren’t quite up to the task and the country does have a very large marine patrol.  (I remember the boats bringing eggs and supplies to Koh Tao more than once when the ferry could not make the crossing.)

Submarines, aircraft carriers... a bit on the absurd side.  Armored personnel carriers... likely defensible.  Growth in the military likely not in the best interests of the country, but that is what you expect with a military government.

6 hours ago, BestB said:

About 20 or so million every year, communists that is, unless good general forgot China is a communist country;)

The same commies who are supplying the subs, building railway and all the rest

The worst of statements General Rolex said one day the China are our family, after his dream has become our nightmare everyday more. Coincidence ? I not believe coincidence.

Not suggesting Thailand is threatened by any other countries but you never know. 

The only country that has its eyes on Thai territory is China, and a few military ships ain't going to stop them - they are already halfway here.....

Archived