Johnson will ask for Brexit delay after losing parliament vote -EU official

rooster59

15 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

he's weak and dishonest and was trying to back stab the process (law) by sending an unsigned letter

I would say say that this overt approach is representative of strength rather than weakness.

Perhaps you judge strength in the shape of T. May ?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came across a remarkable description of Oliver Letwin the other day - unfortunately i cannot remember who said it, so I cannot attribute the quote but: " No one in the party thinks Oliver Letwin is the sharpest tool in the box, in fact quite a few think he is just a tool"!

Just now, Jip99 said:

I would say say that this overt approach is representative of strength rather than weakness.

Perhaps you judge strength in the shape of T. May ?

democracy.... right to different opinion

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

I came across a remarkable description of Oliver Letwin the other day - unfortunately i cannot remember who said it, so I cannot attribute the quote but: " No one in the party thinks Oliver Letwin is the sharpest tool in the box, in fact quite a few think he is just a tool"!

"in fact quite a few think he is just a tool"!"

Something like dropping a wrench in a running gearbox....? ????

12 minutes ago, david555 said:

As E.U. one I found his deal the best (for us E.U. to get at last....) but not his kind of "fair play ….." do they teach those " special fair play rules" in Eaton ..??

There were a number of quotes yesterday from Tories saying it was worse than May's deal (for us Brits), just can not understand the EU not wanting to renegotiate again.

3 minutes ago, elliss said:

letter not signed , not valid . 

Return to sender..

If by court order /permission John Bercow would be delighted to deliver the letter  ….even in person I think ????

The letter was a pathetic and childish delaying tactic by the remainers and Boris treated it with the contempt it deserved. He should have written it on HoC bog roll.

So Parliament drags the UK further down towards third-world levels of political integrity. It is clearly the remainers' intention to keep on concocting quasi-legal cavils to postpone Brexit forever, thereby denying the will of the people,  undermining the fundamentals of participative democracy, and dishonouring the country. I can't believe they've brought it to this with their ceaseless self-entitled tantrum.

I am visiting the UK next month and I will join in the inevitable riots if we don't get out by then.

26 minutes ago, JAG said:

And yet he cut through Johnson’s garbage like a knife through butter.

You might not like him for that, but others do.

6 minutes ago, Basil B said:

So from a legal argument, he has not sent a letter.  

Oh my Oh my ….!, that Scottish judge shall not like to be lied to …., his next Monday judgment in mind ….????

8 minutes ago, JamesBlond said:

The letter was a pathetic and childish delaying tactic by the remainers and Boris treated it with the contempt it deserved. He should have written it on HoC bog roll.

So Parliament drags the UK further down towards third-world levels of political integrity. It is clearly the remainers' intention to keep on concocting quasi-legal cavils to postpone Brexit forever, thereby denying the will of the people,  undermining the fundamentals of participative democracy, and dishonouring the country. I can't believe they've brought it to this with their ceaseless self-entitled tantrum.

I am visiting the UK next month and I will join in the inevitable riots if we don't get out by then.

You’ll double the size of the mob.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think the term is ‘over confident’.

He walked right into a mess of his own making.

I would argue that the mess was already there and he is he is making a decent fist of trying to put it right.

24 minutes ago, baansgr said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-5-most-shocking-quotes-in-oliver-letwins-racist-memo-a6790551.html

Interesting how anyone could support  this guy.... But I suppose we already  know that re moan ers are closet racists and facsicts

I don't think that he is a particularly virulent racist, nor do I think he has the strength of character (malevolent or otherwise) to be a committed fascist. This document merely reinforces the view that he is a tool, without any empathy or understanding for the people and events which he has ended up, somehow, in government over or advising government about. A character who belongs to a Rik Mayall political satire. The "TIm, Tim, (not very) nice but dim" of the departing political generation. 

32 minutes ago, david555 said:

"in fact quite a few think he is just a tool"!"

Something like dropping a wrench in a running gearbox....? ????

Colloquially, calling someone a "tool" is akin to dismissing them as a fool, a wally, an idiot, and any number of cruder epithets, all of which rather fit Oliver Letwin's profile!

5 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Thanks to the better reporting from the Daily Mail we learn the above is a half truth at best. Johnson actually sent 3 letters. The 1st as alluded to above went unsigned and was only sent to placate the Benn act and its traitorous supporters. The other letters clarified the UK governments real position. They do not want any further dithers and delays and will crash out of the EU with no deal on the 31st October if the Johnson deal is not signed and implemented.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the anti democratic remainers ended up forcing the proper Brexit we voted on all those years ago. Amusing times indeed!

Even Al Jazeera reported that Boris didn't sign the letter.

Hope he stands firm and that the EU does not agree to an extension- then it's sayaonara at the end of the month to the failed EU experiment.

1 minute ago, JAG said:

I don't think that he is a particularly virulent racist, nor do I think he has the strength of character (malevolent or otherwise) to be a commuted fascist. This document merely reinforces the opinion that he is a tool, without any empathy or understanding for the people and events which he has ended up, somehow, in government over. A character who belongs to a Rik Mayall political satire. The "TIm, (not very) nice but dim" of the departing political generation. 

Colloquially, calling someone a "tool" is akin to dismissing them as a fool, a wally, an idiot, and any number of cruder epithets, all of which rather fit Oliver Letwin's profile!

But in his way ..he was effective tool  (but regretting from E.U. side he ruined our "can live with that deal")????

12 minutes ago, Basil B said:

I hope the Judge suspends the hearing and demands Boris attends in person.

oh …. time is running to 31 oct..... don't give him delay time for planning another one trick(s) signed by his aid .....

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

By being defeated at every turn.

He has secured a better agreement with EU with the backstop removed.... something politicians insisted on.

That is a victory in my book. If parliament doesn’t support it then so be it. 

I believe they will.

Archived